UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teixeira: Maldonado fight stopped early

10/16/12 9:37 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At UFC 153 Glover Teixeira hit Fabio Maldonado so hard so often that fans of both fighters wanted it stopped. Mercifully, a cageside physician stopped it after the second round, against Maldonado's wishes. In an interview with OGlobo's SporTV, Teixeira said he also thought the fight should not have been stopped.

"It was a great fight. I knew that Maldonado was a tough guy, very hard. I was even surprised that he fall early in the first, but then I was also surprised he lasted so long and continued fighting on the ground... He's a guy I like, who I did not want to hurt either.

"I did not think the judges should have stopped it, it is difficult to say. I saw that he was hurt, a few times I saw the white of his eyes, but at all times he was fighting back, so he was not out."

Read entire article... (original Portuguese)

Maldonado recovered from the fight in a hospital bed.

10/16/12 9:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Willin_But_Not_Chaeble
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover is just trying to intimidate future opponents. Nothing more.

Immediately after the fight he was saying that he couldn't understand why Maldonado would not give up...

10/16/12 9:46 PM
kinson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight should have been stopped earlier.

Also, how did two of the judges have the first round 10-9? What the heck is a 10-8 round? I thought it was close to a 10-7.

Never mind. Phone Post
10/16/12 9:49 PM
Honald_Heagan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ - Or possibly get knocked out. I felt like all it'd take was one clean one from Maldonado at any point and glover would have been waking up to rosenthal Phone Post
Sure thing, Joe. Phone Post
10/16/12 9:55 PM
Jaybrone
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That fight was stopped way to late. However Maldonado sure has a lot of heart.

10/16/12 10:09 PM
Bruham
385 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evans also believes the Chuck stoppage was a little quick too. Phone Post
10/16/12 10:21 PM
Twostep
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And the inner sadist comes out in Glover.
10/16/12 10:51 PM
spliff
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/16/12 10:52 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shows he respects Maldonaldo and thought he was still in there and he is also a scary dude lol
10/16/12 10:56 PM
spliff
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf lol i got vtfd 3 times after posting that pic

10/16/12 11:03 PM
spliff

thanks bro got u back.. dunno whats so offensive about that pic

10/16/12 11:06 PM
WatchinMMA

spliff -

Lol!! Phone Post
10/16/12 11:37 PM
razrtyrone

spliff - 

SILVA
KNOWS
10/16/12 11:40 PM
sgotwalks
948 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - 
I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ -  Or possibly get knocked out. I felt like all it'd take was one clean one from Maldonado at any point and glover would have been waking up to rosenthal Phone Post

Bit of a stretch.

That's a stupid comment. It was not a stretch at all, Maldonado can obviously bang, so your comment is completely ignorant considering he almost did put him on his ass when he did land one in the second (I believe) round.

10/16/12 11:42 PM
sgotwalks
948 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spliff - 

wtf lol i got vtfd 3 times after posting that pic

That would be the second stupid thing I came across in this thread. I also have your back.

10/16/12 11:44 PM
WatchinMMA

HolyAvengerP5 - ^ jeez, that is a level 3 raccooning in that pic

hahaah

10/17/12 12:08 AM
Forrest Spliffn

If I had to fight Moldanado my approach would be to hit him in the head with a bat from behind. Hopefully that would give me time to run for my life. What a true zombie that dude is.
I'm a fan now for sure. Phone Post
10/17/12 12:30 AM
MMALOGIC

if they didnt stop it that could have been the first death in the UFC.

10/17/12 12:33 AM
Mynameisburns

One punch can change the fight and Fabio had him rocked in the first round but he was getting bludgeoned.

IMO glover has the tools to beat Rampage and its gonna be ugly.
10/17/12 12:38 AM
Rahjai
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover trolling hard on this one
10/17/12 12:40 AM
sgotwalks

DoomFarmer - 
sgotwalks - 
DoomFarmer - 
I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ -  Or possibly get knocked out. I felt like all it'd take was one clean one from Maldonado at any point and glover would have been waking up to rosenthal Phone Post

Bit of a stretch.

That's a stupid comment. It was not a stretch at all, Maldonado can obviously bang, so your comment is completely ignorant considering he almost did put him on his ass when he did land one in the second (I believe) round.

I feel like that shot has been blown out of proportion in the context of the fight.

Glover claimed on the post-fight show on Fuel that it was more of an issue of being off balance and that he didn't feel the punch.

Whatever. agree to disagree I guess.

No biggie.

Alright, I digress on the tone. Lots of Yahoos out tonight with this Chael thing which has everybody all fired up, so I am blurring the lines with who may be civil and who is worthy of one of my juvenile verbal assaults. 

However, I do not think it was blown out of proportion whatsoever. He got tagged right on the chin with a technically sound left hook from a solid boxer with KO power. Lets not forget, this guy knocked out 21 of 22 professional boxers in his former career, and regardless of the level of these fighters, that is an impressive feat. That wobble was not a result of a balance issue no matter what Glover has fooled himself into thinking. He was pulling back at the time and I think that is what saved him as it took away from some of the impact, so when he says he wasn't hurt, I believe him, but he was wobbled nonetheless, and sometimes the difference between a flash wobbling and a put you on your ass crushing left hook is a very, very small movement in the right direction.

Maldonado was more than capable of catching him with a big shot, but he was too busy getting his ass beat most of the time to get off with his feet planted. All it takes is one though, and I have my doubts after what I saw that Texiera would have taken it as well as Maldonado did.

Anyways, a vote up for you for responding with more dignity than I showed you.

10/17/12 12:42 AM
145er

Glover is the man!! Needs to stay protected at all times tho!!
10/17/12 12:45 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -
sgotwalks - 
DoomFarmer - 

Bit of a stretch.

I feel like that shot has been blown out of proportion in the context of the fight.

Glover claimed on the post-fight show on Fuel that it was more of an issue of being off balance and that he didn't feel the punch.

Whatever. agree to disagree I guess.

No biggie.
I'd agree with that, he was standing on one foot and had his hands at his waist it landed. Reminded him it's still a fight Phone Post
10/17/12 1:04 AM
Jweinberg
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Photobucket

please tell me he didn't get cut.. I thought I saw a headline saying he did.. 

thx in advance.

10/17/12 1:40 AM
Bentleysuper8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.