UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cote recalls his fight with Silva

10/16/12 10:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1033 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“It’s very complicated to fight this guy because you never know what’s going to happen or what he’s going to do,” Cote said. “We saw what he did Saturday night. Once again he did something new. He was staying against the fence and he was playing with Bonnar. Bonnar is no joke. Bonnar is a good fighter. He’s tough. He’s durable, and [Silva] was playing with him like a little kid.”

Cote fought Silva in October 2008 at UFC 90. He made it into the third round before the fight was stopped when he tore his ACL.

“It’s hard to explain how to fight him,” Cote said, “because if you go forward, he’s behind you. You try to hit him, and he’s not there. It’s very, very weird.”

read entire article...

10/16/12 10:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad about the bad knee. Cote showed excellent footwork against Silva compared to most opponents. I would attribute that to a great boxing background.
10/16/12 10:33 PM
kumma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarseverywhere - Too bad about the bad knee. Cote showed excellent footwork against Silva compared to most opponents. I would attribute that to a great boxing background.
Not sure if this is hate on his 0-1 pro boxing record, but cote had above average mma striking. I remember this as one of Silvas "disgraceful" fights. I still think he would have finished cote regardless of injury, unlike maia and his pathetic performance against leites. Phone Post
10/16/12 10:53 PM
Eunuchorn
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone seen "Facing Ali"??

The UFC should make a little "Facing Anderson" piece where past opponents talk about what it was like.
10/16/12 11:11 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kumma - 
armbarseverywhere - Too bad about the bad knee. Cote showed excellent footwork against Silva compared to most opponents. I would attribute that to a great boxing background.
Not sure if this is hate on his 0-1 pro boxing record, but cote had above average mma striking. I remember this as one of Silvas "disgraceful" fights. I still think he would have finished cote regardless of injury, unlike maia and his pathetic performance against leites. Phone Post

Silva fought Cote like he fights absolutely everyone. The problem is Cote's chin is one of the best ever. Silva hit him with very hard head kick and a flush flying knee within seconds of each other and it did nothing to Cote but make him backpedal a little bit. His chin is absurd.
10/17/12 12:36 AM
kevsh
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eunuchorn - Anyone seen "Facing Ali"??

The UFC should make a little "Facing Anderson" piece where past opponents talk about what it was like.

Absolutely great film, a true masterpiece (and I'm not exaggerating). And the Silva idea is great if they could find some opponents from his pre-MMA/muay thai days, Pride and up to poor Forrest and Bonnar.
10/17/12 12:48 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
kumma - 

Silva fought Cote like he fights absolutely everyone. The problem is Cote's chin is one of the best ever. Silva hit him with very hard head kick and a flush flying knee within seconds of each other and it did nothing to Cote but make him backpedal a little bit. His chin is absurd.

His chin wasn't that good. After getting hit, he said he couldn't return. LOL.
What? Who else can take a high kick and flying knee from Silva and not even get dropped? Phone Post
10/17/12 12:50 AM
Mynameisburns

Goderson Silva - 
kumma -
He didn't finish Maia and Leites because they are Brazilian IIRC. Phone Post

I doubt them being Brazilian has anything to do with it. Those two just didnt have anything to offer Silva or even anything for him to be concerned about. He was just bored in there facing inferior talent.

Also see the Vitor fight if there is any question
10/17/12 1:59 AM
STEVIAS SEX TOY #2

And they say fedor fought cans...... Phone Post
10/17/12 7:20 AM
Soup Nazi
1115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there is no spoon

10/17/12 10:42 PM
Fabefromfort

Here's something real and tangible for all you MMA fans: I'm talking about Anderson Silva's Resume. It is pretty lacklustre if you ask me, if you want to call him an All time great. The dude is a good fighter no doubt, but as far as opponents goes, he's done nothing that warrants GOAT. Jonny Jones has fought 5 ex LH champs in a row and killed em all. And, all in their primes. Here's Anderson Silva's record in the UFC. Stephan Bonner: Tomato Can ( He is not even deserving of Can status I think ),Chael Sonnen 1 and 2;Tomato Can, Yushin Okami:Tomato Can, Vitor Belfort: Good Fighter,Damian Maia: Tomato Can,Forrest Griffin: Tomato Can, Thales Laites: Tomato Can, Patrick Cote: Tomato Can, James Irvin: Tomato Can, Dan Henderson: Good Fighter, Rich Franklin 1 and 2: Average Fighter, Nate Marquardt: OK Fighter, Travis Lutter: Tomato Can, Chris Leben: Tomato Can. Feast on that idiots. Then tell me where he ranks. Those assessments are being generous BTW.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.