UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Best hemp protein?

10/16/12 11:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
virux11b
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm trying the hemp hype protein, "HempForce." anyone have any other hemp proteins they use that are cheaper? Better? Do you have a better way to blend and make your own hemp protein? Phone Post
10/17/12 10:22 PM
virux11b
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chareth Cutestory - Nutiva.
Does it mix well? Phone Post
10/31/12 11:33 AM
virux11b

Don't get hempforce if you don't like SWEET protein drinks. Im more of a mellow protein guy. The stuff is like a milkshake. Not my style. Phone Post
11/14/12 12:25 PM
Neal Zumbro
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nutiva mixes well. I use it with cocao powder to add some more flavor. Phone Post
11/14/12 6:17 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hemp force is a rip off tbh. 

true nutrition, 70% pea, 30% rice. 

11/14/12 11:28 PM
Eggmachine
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArthurKnoqOut - 

What flavor did you get? The pea protein that I tried tasted pretty gross and didn't sit well in my stomach. I'm willing to give it another try though.
11/15/12 12:01 AM
virux11b

Eggmachine -
ArthurKnoqOut - 

What flavor did you get? The pea protein that I tried tasted pretty gross and didn't sit well in my stomach. I'm willing to give it another try though.
Same here. Phone Post
11/15/12 12:42 AM
turducken
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its not pure hemp, but i like vega performance protein. its all vegan, has a good amino acid profile, and tastes decent

http://vegasport.com/en/recover/performance-protein
11/15/12 12:07 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eggmachine - 
ArthurKnoqOut - 

add the natural vanilla, or strawberry (my girlfriend got it and it's awesome). pea protein isolate will be pretty hard to mix but i throw it in with my almond milk or some coconut water (depending on the work out) and it's good to go.

11/15/12 9:55 PM
Eggmachine
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks. I think I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.
11/15/12 10:17 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

can't beat the price. you should try to grab a blender bottle or use a low power/slow blending method for it. but if you wanna go the "vegan"/no animal products route then the ratio i posted is awesome at all the essential amino acids and TN is a great company I've followed and supported since they were True Protein. I am in no way financially, or otherwise, affiliated with them other than being a huge fan :)

11/15/12 11:27 PM
Eggmachine

I've used them in the past. The past year or so I've been using the bulk whey bag from Costco. I feel like my system could use a break from the dairy. I ordered your exact ratio. Thanks for the help.
11/16/12 9:31 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

all day

11/29/12 10:40 PM
Dustin Johnson

ArthurKnoqOut - 

Just ordered this exact ratio. Cant wait to try it out.
11/30/12 8:18 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

hope it works out for ya buddy :)

11/30/12 10:27 AM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since we're into blends here, I had some extra amazon $$ lying around so I ordered some of the vega sport berry to try. Yeah, it's over the top expensive. But I will say the only other protein powder I've seen that is ground so fine is biotest's surge. It literally doesn't need a blender, I put it in cold water and stirred with a butter knife, no chunks.

Other than that it's got hemp, rice, pea and alfalfa. BCAAs and glutamine. No reason I can determine for the cost, but it is good quality.
11/30/12 10:35 AM
turducken

^i agree. it is expensive, but i still use it. the only down side is the high sodium content, which while helpful for post-workout, makes it a powder that you really can't use multiple times a day. not a big deal for me since i only use protein powder post workout once a day, but for guys who make shakes throughout the day, its probably not the best choice.
11/30/12 3:03 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, it's made by a triathlete for recovery purposes so it's not surprising the sodium is in there. I put one scoop in a 3 serving shake.
11/30/12 3:30 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

Brendan Brazier knows his ish. Read his book Thrive. Unlike some militant vegans he makes sense and says to try it for yourself. Even if you continue to eat meat, dairy, etc you can still benefit from it when learning about vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. Also, which you should eat heated, like tomatoes to release lycopene.

11/30/12 6:49 PM
big_slacker

I've got Thrive on my Kindle. It's 100% the best book out for vegan athletes. Even if vega sport is expensive I'd rather the money go to BB, since I think his book is underpriced considering the wealth of info it contains. Even if you're not a vegan it's a good read as you mention.
11/30/12 7:36 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

yep. I recommend it to everyone I work with just to learn about nutrients. He talks about everything from beta-carotene to maca.

11/30/12 9:52 PM
Eggmachine

I got my mix last week. It's pretty gritty but it tastes pretty good compared to the last pea protein I tried. I'll definitely order it again when I run out. Can't beat the price.
12/2/12 3:32 PM
ArthurKnoqOut

dope ! 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.