UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Daniel Bryan Signing

10/17/12 5:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
torubu
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Garden City, NY. Thinking about taking my nephew who is in love with wrestling. He's 7. He goes on and on about it and got into an argument with my mom (his grandma) over wearing a John Cena shirt for picture day at school. It's $50/item, but would totally be worth it for him to meet the hottest thing in WWE. Phone Post
10/18/12 6:42 AM
torquemada
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell, take him. I wish someone had done something cool like that for me when I was a kid. Phone Post
10/18/12 6:43 AM
Roy Batty
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$50 an item? Wow.
10/18/12 8:11 AM
Starship2000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take him, my dad was as useful as tits on a boar when I was kid and really sucks not being able to look back and think of "fun" times we could have had together. I understand it's pricey but fuck it, can't take it with you when you die. Phone Post
10/18/12 11:54 AM
armbarheelhook
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$50 seems kinda high, but I haven't been to a wwe signing in long time.. take him for the experience and bonding. Phone Post
10/18/12 12:57 PM
Augie Max
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com
YES! Phone Post
10/18/12 1:41 PM
Starship2000

Augie Max - YES! Phone Post
No! Phone Post
10/18/12 4:31 PM
torubu
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah well it's December 16th, so it's an early Christmas gift. I told him and he got all excited. He has a poster he wanted to bring but it's DBryan yelling "YES!" so he said he'll have to find something else since he yells "NO" now. Phone Post
10/18/12 4:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

10/18/12 5:03 PM
Winky is Wright
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up 

very nice of you. 

50 bucks is isane.. but everything is insane these days. Hell Flair is selling Halloween costumes for $200.00. 

10/18/12 5:06 PM
torubu

Also, as far as his father he died of a massive heart attack as a result of alcoholism. He spent the first few years of my nephews life in prison anyway. Was never really around.

Then my sister, his mother, is living on the states dime and a "recovering" heroine addict. Recovering is just the lie she uses.

Needless to say, he doesn't have the best of lives, but he lives with myself and my parents (who are both retired in their 60s)z i'm 24 and not far removed from loving wrestling myself, so doing things like this (also going to try to get him to Wrestlemania) is the least I can do. Phone Post
10/18/12 5:21 PM
armbarheelhook
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ yah. so ur kinda being the father figure in his life.. thats cool... Ur nephew would remember Wrestlemania for his entire lifetime!! keep in mind tix are expensive, but if u can afford it.. might aswell make the weekend of it and hit up the HOF induction and Fan Fest..

He would be in heaven!! Hell, most of us would be in heaven.. keke Phone Post
10/18/12 5:30 PM
torubu

armbarheelhook - ^ yah. so ur kinda being the father figure in his life.. thats cool... Ur nephew would remember Wrestlemania for his entire lifetime!! keep in mind tix are expensive, but if u can afford it.. might aswell make the weekend of it and hit up the HOF induction and Fan Fest..

He would be in heaven!! Hell, most of us would be in heaven.. keke Phone Post
Yeah, well fortunately I only live about an hour and change from MetLife Stadium, I should be able to go to everything with him.

And yeah I'm more or less the authority figure. Im the threat any time he misbehaves because he'll try wrestling moves on me but he doesn't yet realize the size difference or that I trained BJJ so he knows the futility in "trying to beat me up" Phone Post
10/19/12 1:27 PM
Bladefist
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

torubu -  Also, as far as his father he died of a massive heart attack as a result of alcoholism. He spent the first few years of my nephews life in prison anyway. Was never really around.

Then my sister, his mother, is living on the states dime and a "recovering" heroine addict. Recovering is just the lie she uses.

Needless to say, he doesn't have the best of lives, but he lives with myself and my parents (who are both retired in their 60s)z i'm 24 and not far removed from loving wrestling myself, so doing things like this (also going to try to get him to Wrestlemania) is the least I can do. Phone Post

Nice job Torubu, need more men to step up and be role models
10/19/12 4:04 PM
ArtMinaj

I read this yesterday, but was frozen.  First of all, great job!  You are doing a good thing and he is lucky to have you in his life.  I had both parents growing up and my uncle took me to my first event when I was seven.

I work daily with kids who have no father around because they are dead or simply just don't give a shit about their kids.  You are really stepping up for the kid.

$50 is a lot, but so is a lot of shit, but he would cherish whatever he got signed and remember you by it.  Shit Cabrerra has been doing signings here and charging $110 per item, $140 if it's game used and tickets to these events are sold out.

10/20/12 3:15 PM
torubu

Thanks guys. Yeah I know how it was being a kid and wanting to go to events. I never got to a show until I was 19, and it was Sunmerslam 2006 or 2007 headlined by Cena vs Orton. Got to see Austin though. Was with my friend "Funaki Masakatsu #1" on the UG at the time. The glass broke and he went into a full sprint to get back to the seats since he was trying to by food. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.