UnderGround Forums

NBAGround >> Flopping now gets you fined?

10/18/12 12:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought that this was just going to be an issue of refs making calls in game, but apparently not. I don't know what I think of guys getting suspended or fined 30 grand when you can get away with some relatively hard fouls scot free.

"To cut down on what commissioner David Stern has called "trickery" and "deceit" by players embellishing and simulating fouls, the NBA announced a new anti-flopping program before the preseason. The program has two components: exhaustive postgame video review by the league office in New York, and then a series of escalating punishments for players who have been found to have flopped. The first offense calls for a warning, followed by fines that begin at $5,000 for a second flop up to $30,000 for a fifth flop.

A sixth flop and beyond are punishable as the league sees fit, likely with suspensions and fines.

The National Basketball Players Association calls the punishments excessive and has mounted an effort to reverse them."
10/18/12 10:20 AM
dangerboy12
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If talking bad about the refs gets you fined, I guess making a fool out of the refs gets you fined as well.

I understand the logic.
10/18/12 12:31 PM
memory blues
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RIP Manu's defensive game
10/19/12 10:03 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad they are taking steps to combat the problem. And make no mistake IT IS a problem.

No more pussy shit from Manu and Varejao!
10/20/12 1:17 AM
EKPOGI
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

memory blues - RIP Manu's defensive game

10/21/12 1:21 AM
quick
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh the irony of Laker fans bringing up flopping when they had two of the kings of flop on their team.
10/21/12 7:42 PM
EKPOGI
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/21/12 7:42 PM
^sorry to single out Manu,he is one of the best players in the game.but he really does flop a lot,along with the Heat,D-Fish,CP3 and Blake Griffin,Rondo,etc.
10/21/12 8:28 PM
quick

I can live with that EK.

I do agree that there is nothing worse than watching a freaking center take a tumble from a bump by a PG, but I'm not sure I am a fan of suspensions and fines. Let the refs do their job and call it all in game.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.