UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: If Sonnen takes me down, so what

10/18/12 9:15 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Speaking at today's (Oct. 17, 2012) media conference call, Jones talked about the dangers (or lack thereof) of facing a wrestler like Chael and says even if he gets taken down, he has now worries about getting submitted or taking a beating from a ‘weak' opponent.

"I've faced plenty of wrestlers like Vladimir Matyushenko, Jake O'Brien and Matt Hamill and had no problems. Chael is a decent wrestler. He was an Olympic alternate but he wasn't on the team. No disrespect to other alternates but he's not at that level. Who cares if he takes me down, he gets submitted all the time from top position anyways.

I've wrestled since I was a 14 year old boy and I still love wrestling. I'm definitely prepared. If he does take me down, so what? His ground and pound is weak and he gets submitted all the time. If I do get him down, his face will open up. I feel I have nothing to worry about in wrestling. I have a slight edge in jiu-jitsu and I have a huge edge in kickboxing. I'm not intimidated by his power.

I don't see any way Chael can win this fight but I'll still train like a madman. I'm ready to lay the smackdown for the things he said not only for the things he said not just about me but about other people and send him back to the movies."

read entire article...

10/18/12 9:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bereal
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones is basically right
10/18/12 9:24 AM
Lazer MMA

Spot on, even if he gets the TD which I doubt highly he'll be unable to finish gas and get stopped.

The match up was always a joke.

The only bet I'd take on the fight as a bookie would be which round Sonnen is stopped in. Got my shit in right away at starting at -600.
10/18/12 9:25 AM
Ironhouse
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL he pretty much says exactly why so many of us hate this fight. Complete missmatch with an undeserving contender.
10/18/12 9:30 AM
InspiritMick

Edited: 10/18/12 9:33 AM

Hilariously, Jones has pissed all over this joke of a match up. Even dana must realise how dumb they loook after that...

10/18/12 9:32 AM
Odinson
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow he is showing no respect for him. i felt he was feeling that way in the vitor fight. i thought the arm bar would have taught him better than that. i predict sonnen by 5th rnd tko. with jon playing fish and sonnen just pounding away
10/18/12 9:34 AM
InspiritMick

Odinson - wow he is showing no respect for him. i felt he was feeling that way in the vitor fight. i thought the arm bar would have taught him better than that. i predict sonnen by 5th rnd tko. with jon playing fish and sonnen just pounding away

I will happily bet you £500.00 right now that Jones smashes him

10/18/12 9:36 AM
hckycrzy27
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I don't see any way Chael can win this fight"

Words out of my mouth, JBJ. This is some lame shit.
10/18/12 9:38 AM
le

InspiritMick -
Odinson - wow he is showing no respect for him. i felt he was feeling that way in the vitor fight. i thought the arm bar would have taught him better than that. i predict sonnen by 5th rnd tko. with jon playing fish and sonnen just pounding away

I will happily bet you £500.00 right now that Jones smashes him

I second that. You will lose. Phone Post
10/18/12 9:43 AM
T Bag

"Who cares if he takes me down, he gets submitted all the time from top position anyways. "

LOL
10/18/12 9:47 AM
BigmikeVancity

Odinson - wow he is showing no respect for him. i felt he was feeling that way in the vitor fight. i thought the arm bar would have taught him better than that. i predict sonnen by 5th rnd tko. with jon playing fish and sonnen just pounding away
Full retard! Phone Post
10/18/12 9:48 AM
daxfactor

My god this Jon jones. I guess he doesn't give a fuck what anyone else thinks anymore. I like this side of him. He is absolutely going to destroy this fool. Phone Post
10/18/12 9:51 AM
3rdLion
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would never have thought I'd say this...

WAR BONES!
10/18/12 9:53 AM
RPBJJ
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the whole point is to get people interested in the TUF show again.

Chael is the best talker in the business hands down. All you dummies whining about it will tune in, get the rating up and watch Chael verbally KO Jones every week. Thats the whole point. Chael making Jones go fucking crazy for 2 months in a house. I think it will be hilarious.

And who knows. Maybe Chael pulls off the upset in April!
10/18/12 9:57 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny how the people defending this joke of a match up also seem to pick Chael to win
10/18/12 10:09 AM
shootfighterbull

Gokudamus stole my name - Funny how the people defending this joke of a match up also seem to pick Chael to win
Exactly! Phone Post
10/18/12 10:19 AM
Anderson P Sonnen
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon seems pretty uninterested in this fight. Like most of us do. It's a shame how money and greed has infiltrated MMA. Phone Post
10/18/12 10:30 AM
DaemonDragon
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson P Sonnen -  Jon seems pretty uninterested in this fight. Like most of us do. It's a shame how money and greed has infiltrated MMA. Phone Post

I'm totally OK with greed - what I don't like here is the stupidity.

I think the UFC has horribly mis-calculated. They seem to think Chael will draw, and I am highly doubtful he will draw either TUF viewers or PPV buys. Even Brock couldn't get TUF ratings, that show is just past it's prime and no one cares anymore.

As for Chael and PPVs, he was a draw for the Anderson rematch because of what happened the first time. The hype was big for that fight.

This fight will have zero hype. And no one with any brain cells is going to be convinced by Chael's trash talk that he actually has a chance.

I think the only people who will order this PPV are the ones who'd order any Jones fight/LHW championship fight anyways. I think the UFC has really mis-judged things and will not benefit monetarily from this at all.

Jones vs. Hendo I believe would draw at least as many PPV buys, since Hendo actually has a shot at winning - a small one, but a real one. Jones vs. Shogun/Gus winner or Machida would probably do at least as good as Jones vs. Chael too. The Jones/Chael fight is just way too big of a retarded mis-match.
10/18/12 10:37 AM
Nonlinear

Heel Jones is turning it up.

10/18/12 10:42 AM
Porkchop74
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can not stand Jones but I do not see Chael winning this fight . Dan should be fighting Jones .

It would be funny if Cheal pulled off a win like Matt Serra did against GSP
10/18/12 10:42 AM
Anderson P Sonnen
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaemonDragon -
Anderson P Sonnen -  Jon seems pretty uninterested in this fight. Like most of us do. It's a shame how money and greed has infiltrated MMA. Phone Post

I'm totally OK with greed - what I don't like here is the stupidity.

I think the UFC has horribly mis-calculated. They seem to think Chael will draw, and I am highly doubtful he will draw either TUF viewers or PPV buys. Even Brock couldn't get TUF ratings, that show is just past it's prime and no one cares anymore.

As for Chael and PPVs, he was a draw for the Anderson rematch because of what happened the first time. The hype was big for that fight.

This fight will have zero hype. And no one with any brain cells is going to be convinced by Chael's trash talk that he actually has a chance.

I think the only people who will order this PPV are the ones who'd order any Jones fight/LHW championship fight anyways. I think the UFC has really mis-judged things and will not benefit monetarily from this at all.

Jones vs. Hendo I believe would draw at least as many PPV buys, since Hendo actually has a shot at winning - a small one, but a real one. Jones vs. Shogun/Gus winner or Machida would probably do at least as good as Jones vs. Chael too. The Jones/Chael fight is just way too big of a retarded mis-match.
I agree with everything you said here except for the ratings and ppv sales. As much as I hate to say it, most of us including the no brainers will tune in to watch Chael trash Jon. Atleast ready I will. As far as ppv buys, I won't be partaking in this, but many will.

Ever since Chael/Anderson 1, sonnen has been notoriously praised for his wwe-esque speech skills. Sadly, this attained alot of new fans. Fans in which might not know a thing or two about real mma and contention. Instead they want to be entertained, in the fashion of "Yo mama is so" instead of actual fights that make sense. Phone Post
10/18/12 11:10 AM
Nonlinear

Edited: 10/18/12 11:10 AM

Jones will retire Sonnen and Sonnen will will hop on a plane to Connecticut and have a meeting with VKM.  If he's lucky they'll give him a shot in their developmental program so they can see if he really has what it takes while he learns how to be a WWE Superstar.

10/18/12 11:13 AM
crazydave
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen has nothing to lose.  He will go out with the win or on his shield.

WAR SONNEN!

10/18/12 11:29 AM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBJ is right but he's also a fool.

Does he not remember that he ran from Chael just a little while ago?

He needs to say that now that he's had a chance to study and train against Chael's strength he is confident.

10/18/12 11:38 AM
TzTinkle

100% correct, it's just a waste of a fight. Chael has nothing to offer but his mouth.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.