UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: TRT is absolutely terrible

10/18/12 9:39 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I think it’s terrible. I think it’s absolutely terrible if you’re going to consider yourself an athlete. TRT would be perfect for Chael Sonnen if he wasn’t competing in one of the toughest sports in the world,” Jones stated.

“I think Chael Sonnen made tons of money when he was a young guy, and now he’s an older guy. And now just to be able to take a drug and super-enhance yourself back to where you were in your 20′s is bull.”

“Right now I’m 25, I’m sure I’m not as giddy and happy-go-lucky as I was when I was 20, so if I take a drug at my 25-year-old age and have the energy of a 20-year-old, it just wouldn’t be fair. Everyone would hate me if I did it, but Chael Sonnen gets to do it? I think it’s bull crap,” Jones stated.

read entire article...

10/18/12 9:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bispingoed by UGCTT_Benwahwah
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bull crap! Phone Post
10/18/12 9:46 AM
canofsticks
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So in other words, 3 months and he'll be on TRT.
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True Phone Post
Ham and Egger
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"so if I take a drug at my 25-year-old age and have the energy of a 20-year-old, it just wouldn’t be fair."

What a god damn idiot. Phone Post
10/18/12 9:47 AM
MbA7601
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sure hope one day he doesn't need it.....

But then again the ufc never had to worry about him doing anything stupid, like getting a DUI.......... Phone Post
10/18/12 10:00 AM
Tubarao

10/18/12 10:03 AM
BigWilliam
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He thinks the difference between 20 and 25 is bad? Wait until he is 40.
10/18/12 10:04 AM
kulprt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Typical kid talking before researching on the subject. Thinks he is going to sound coo. just comes out sounding stupid. Sonnen a grandmaster in sh!t talking. The kid going to get in over his head. Phone Post
10/18/12 10:04 AM
MAG

Exactly - athlete's careers are being extended because of the breakthroughs in modern medicine.

Knee injuries that would have ended careers 20 years ago are now merely a 3 month setback.

TRT is not cheating if it brings you back within a normal range... Key word being "normal".

Medical advancements and medications are only cheating if they give a competitor an unfair advantage.
10/18/12 10:06 AM
shootfighterbull

I agree with him. Phone Post
10/18/12 10:09 AM
dangerboy12
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MAG - Exactly - athlete's careers are being extended because of the breakthroughs in modern medicine.

Knee injuries that would have ended careers 20 years ago are now merely a 3 month setback.

TRT is not cheating if it brings you back within a normal range... Key word being "normal".

Medical advancements and medications are only cheating if they give a competitor an unfair advantage.

That's the key, normal.

Sonnen has been tested at well above normal levels.
Chaz Johnson

Yeah he is ignorant on the topic and has no place disgracing a person with actual hypogonadism. He'd probably blow his brains out if he had a level of 50. What an offensive person. Phone Post
sandmanscomin4u
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MAG - Exactly - athlete's careers are being extended because of the breakthroughs in modern medicine.

Normal is the key word. What I'm curious about is how you can judge a normal level, these super athletes didn't have levels of the average person to start so where is the cut off to avoid abuse Phone Post
10/18/12 10:10 AM
Jill Laz

Yeah he says this now but give him a few years when his testosterone level hits bottom and he can't train the way he wants Ect.. TRT is a medical situation just like anything else it is not steroids or like other enhancements its what the body produces naturally if you need testosterone to get your level to what it should be in normal guys why not take it its like taking insulin for diabetics Jones is young yet he will learn never to say never Phone Post
10/18/12 10:13 AM
T Bag

LOL..Jones is the only pro fighter who could say this and get bashed for it.
10/18/12 10:16 AM
shootfighterbull

sunnyko -
shootfighterbull - I agree with him. Phone Post
Don't worry you're already hated by everyone as well. (Jk, only a huge handful of people) Phone Post
It's okay if we differ on opinion. Relax, hoss. Phone Post
10/18/12 10:20 AM
Leck Brosnar

T Bag - LOL..Jones is the only pro fighter who could say this and get bashed for it.

Yes. LOL at the Jones haters gathering around :D
10/18/12 10:22 AM
MattyECB
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of my research friends getting his doctorate has done a ton of work in endocrinology. He's not focused much with TRT, but explained the potential for abuse is absolutely silly.

There's a range of acceptable test levels, and often times a guy will just be in the lower range of health levels and boost it up as much as possible. It's the reason you see people like Marquardt who get the sketchiest-ass doctors possible - not that I dislike Marquardt, I rly hope his career gets back on track!
10/18/12 10:25 AM
Ludelow

i am very happy, that jones is clean and not taking anything! lol :)
10/18/12 10:29 AM
KZTT_FawkingxD
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru chainz Phone Post
10/18/12 10:30 AM
MattyECB
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've really turned around on Jones. Ever since he started, even before UFC and before all the haters, I watched him close but found his personality annoying saying stuff like he'd snitch on people who drank in school or people who smoked weed, how he came off so religiousy.

But ever since he got unfairly dragged through the mud, finally got over the creepy I'm jesus and this is my cross to bear imagery -- I've love the shit outta him. Like when he was the only fighter to call out BLAF for starting to thin out cards.

He might not be the best trashtalker, he might put his foot in his mouth, and I prefer he's not going "heel" like the WWE fans say, but i love that he seems to give less than two fucks about his image now.

10/18/12 10:32 AM
MattyECB

Even if he trash talks and does a terrible job, it'll just mean Sonnen will get a field day with him, which is FUCKING AWESOME.

Sonnen shitting all over AS because he's quiet and can't speak english as well made me jizz my pants when Silva destroyed him, told the Brazilian fans not to boo him, then invited him to a BBQ :D

Whether Jones is quick on his feet or not, this'll just make the thrashing so much better XD
10/18/12 10:37 AM
UGCTT_LnPninja

MAG - Exactly - athlete's careers are being extended because of the breakthroughs in modern medicine.

Define "normal"...

They are allowing 35+ year old fighters to have the "normal" range for a 20-25 year old. It is 100% bullshit.

If they were actually only allowing a 35+ year old to get back to "normal" for a fucking 35+ year old that would be one thing, but they are not. That is where it is an unfair advantage.

Given that the VAST majority of the fighters who "need"  TRT are long time weight cutters and possible steroid abusers....which both cause "Low T"...

10/18/12 10:38 AM
bruised
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaz Johnson - Yeah he is ignorant on the topic and has no place disgracing a person with actual hypogonadism. He'd probably blow his brains out if he had a level of 50. What an offensive person. Phone Post
Yeah, except that:

1. Chael couldn't have competed collegiately with hypogonadism because his Testosterone levels would have been too low, which means it was adult onset and likely the result of past PEDs use.
2. Chael was popped previously for having extremely elevated T/E ratios which shoots the shit out of the typical "Normal Range" arguments.
3. The rule is that within a week of the fight he ratios need to be within the "normal range" of what, 6:1 or below? Which is higher than what is rarely seen in elite athletes who can sometimes achieve 4:1 ratios.
4. Which brings us to the last issue: the ratios need to be within "normal range" by the week of the fight which means a fighter on TRT can train with elevated levels (a major advantage) provided that by fight time the bring their levels back down.

Look Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.