UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dustin Poirier joins American Top Team (ATT)

10/18/12 11:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/18/12 11:41 AM

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/2012/10/17/3519094/ufc-featherweight-dustin-poirier-american-top-team-Nick-Newell

UFC featherweight Dustin Poirier has left the Gladiators Academy in South Louisiana to join the established mixed martial arts stars at American Top Team (ATT) in Coconut Creek, Florida.

10/18/12 11:48 AM
UGCTT_rkilla
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's pretty damn cool

I did want to see this kid vs. Cole at some point in the future. I guess that won't be happening any time soon.

10/18/12 12:23 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ugh. He was doing great at his camp, no reason to switch, imo. Phone Post
10/18/12 12:35 PM
MartialArtsMixed
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I thought Dustin was doing great at his camp too but if you're the top guy at your gym and you're not improving, time to move on I suppose.
10/18/12 12:48 PM
Big Pun
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats to him on his new team
10/18/12 12:54 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude that blows....Tim brought him up from nothing. Either way, Dustin is one of my favs and he's got my support. Just sucks that he's leaving G.A Phone Post
10/18/12 1:03 PM
TommyRSU
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fan, and at the end of the day as a pro you have to do what's best for you.

It's good for him to switch it up. I'm a fan of Tim and that camp as well, so I hope there was no fallout.

Tommy Phone Post
10/18/12 1:07 PM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I figured this would happen when I heard he was training there.

Dustin's a great fighter. I can't wait until his next fight and I am glad to have him in South Florida.

10/18/12 1:10 PM
Crooklyn
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Butter, 'cuz I'm on a roll!

That loss must have shaken his confidence in Credeur. Not sure I agree with this move, no disrespect to ATT intended. I just don't agree with jumping ship that soon. 

10/18/12 1:17 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn

HolyAvengerP5 - 
YellowWrkedByTapIn -  ugh. He was doing great at his camp, no reason to switch, imo. Phone Post

JBJ was doing good at his old camp and then went to jackson's

And now look at him. A half-naked bum, crashing cars, swimming with 15 year olds, and taking all the white women.

10/18/12 1:26 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

wow, that is pretty surprising, wish both he and Tim the best...

10/18/12 2:23 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinda saw this coming, he's been tweeting a lot about being there and about his training sessions.
If you're the top guy in your gym by a lot , that's the kind of thing you've gotta do... I'm sure Tim understands Phone Post
10/18/12 3:30 PM
SpiritualElixir

Some people just don't get it

Especially supposed knowledge people who you think would understand this sport.

You don't get anywhere being the top guy at your gym when you get to Dustin's level you need to train with people as good or better than you.

And what this tells me is that he's taking his career seriously and making a wise move. Pretty easy to grasp. Phone Post
10/18/12 3:44 PM
Anderson P Sonnen
710 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SpiritualElixir - Some people just don't get it

Especially supposed knowledge people who you think would understand this sport.

You don't get anywhere being the top guy at your gym when you get to Dustin's level you need to train with people as good or better than you.

And what this tells me is that he's taking his career seriously and making a wise move. Pretty easy to grasp. Phone Post
No I get it bro. Just being from Louisiana I'm so used to Dustin representing us with Gladiators. But as you said, it's the best move for him at this point to join a more credited camp in that of ATT. I wish him the best of luck. Phone Post
10/18/12 3:50 PM
SpiritualElixir

Hey man that was a classy post

VTFU if I could

Peace Phone Post
10/20/12 7:11 AM
GriffinQ

Ttt Phone Post
10/21/12 11:41 AM
mmavixen
1121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, congrats to another badass: Nick Newell.  Glad to have him in South Florida as well.

10/21/12 11:42 AM
aka_rtotheoh

The Louisiana gym was so small. He needed a bit more. im excited to see him fight again Phone Post
10/21/12 1:32 PM
GriffinQ

Dustin will be on the MMA Hour with Aroel Helwani tomorrow... I'm sure he'll talk about this Phone Post
10/22/12 1:55 PM
GriffinQ

Just said on the MMA Hour that he and Tim are still tight, he's actually giving the live interview while at Tim's gym, he and Tim just decided that it was better for him to be surrounded by more top level guys in Coconut Creek than he can find in Louisiana . Says he's moving to FL full time Phone Post
10/22/12 8:21 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -  Just said on the MMA Hour that he and Tim are still tight, he's actually giving the live interview while at Tim's gym, he and Tim just decided that it was better for him to be surrounded by more top level guys in Coconut Creek than he can find in Louisiana . Says he's moving to FL full time Phone Post

I was about to say that i wouldnt have been surprised if tim suggested it, tim and yves are tight

10/22/12 8:30 PM
Brigham
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ATT is an amazing camp, great move Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.