UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz hasn't fought a wrestler in 6 years.

10/18/12 1:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hendofanforlife
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why? Because they are his kryptonite. Better to put him against fellow brawlers and strikers, where he has the upper hand. Because he would get put on his back by Fitch, kos, Rory or twas. Maybe even story and ellenburger. Let him face one of those before he gets a rematch with nbk or the pinnacle of mma wrestling, gsp.

Diaz lost his last fight and was suspended for a year,so it's not like he's in a position to demand a title fight, despite chaels successes in doing so.
10/18/12 1:54 PM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Nick Diaz hater.   praying for someone to hold him down for a boring decision..

coooool

10/18/12 1:55 PM
MMARAIDER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he'd do fine vs a Koscheck or a fitch Phone Post
10/18/12 1:58 PM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARAIDER -  I think he'd do fine vs a Koscheck or a fitch Phone Post

He would lose to Fitch, imo.

Not sure about Koscheck
10/18/12 1:59 PM
MMARAIDER

I don't know, Silva almost had him Phone Post
10/18/12 2:00 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Nick Diaz vs Mike Pierce.
10/18/12 2:10 PM
hendofanforlife
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lun8 - 

^^^ Nick Diaz hater.   praying for someone to hold him down for a boring decision..

coooool

Nope. Not a hater at all. He needs to prove his wrestling before he gets to even sniff a shot at gsp, the best wrestler in mma ever.

Lol @ the vds. Notice how none of those cowards offer a rebuttal. Truth hurts.

Every single UFC champ has either proven himself against world class mma wrestlers or is one themselves.
10/18/12 2:13 PM
epic hero

I don't understand people's obsession with wrestling.
10/18/12 2:14 PM
Swamuel McSwamuelson

Diaz would beat all the aforementioned guys.
10/18/12 2:20 PM
Dallas Winston
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source for wrestlers being his Kryptonite?

Neither Diaz brother has ever been held down and controlled. I assume you're talking about his 3-straight UFC losses, but Riggs isn't a wrestler and the decision could've gone either way, as it could have against Sanchez. Both the Sherk and Sanchez fights were ultra-entertaining scramble fests. Hell, Sherk won that fight because he did phenomenal against Nick on the feet. He had 2 TDs to Nick's 1.

I understand that wrestlers might pose more of a challenge style-wise, but they're far from his "Kryptonite."

10/18/12 2:20 PM
kingkoopa

Theoretical Bad matchups for Nick:

Kos
Fitch
Hendricks
Ellenburger
Rick Story
Mike Pierce
Rory McDonald
And of course GSP

Guys that I think would for sure beat Nick
Gsp
Rory
Fitch

The rest it depends on if they wanna stand and trade. Phone Post
10/18/12 2:44 PM
hendofanforlife

I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ - 
hendofanforlife - Why? Because they are his kryptonite. Better to put him against fellow brawlers and strikers, where he has the upper hand. Because he would get put on his back by Fitch, kos, Rory or twas. Maybe even story and ellenburger. Let him face one of those before he gets a rematch with nbk or the pinnacle of mma wrestling, gsp.

Diaz lost his last fight and was suspended for a year,so it's not like he's in a position to demand a title fight, despite chaels successes in doing so.
Op you're a pussy lol these threads are poiiinnntttless. Mods delete it. It'd be like me going and making a thread about how bad lesnars boxing is! Anybody who's posting on here that doesn't already know that needs to GTFO! Phone Post

Lol. Brock faced strikers. Even as his last mma fight. Nick has faced his weakness in 6 years.

Terrible comparison.
10/18/12 2:45 PM
OSBtro11

lol @ " Mods delete" Phone Post
10/18/12 2:45 PM
hendofanforlife

Hasn't. ^^^
10/18/12 2:53 PM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lun8 - 

coooool

Takes two to tango, as a mixed martial artist maybe work on TD defense and sweeps?
10/18/12 2:56 PM
guardbr8kr

GSP DESTROY'S this guy with Honda on top, easily.
10/18/12 2:59 PM
MMALOGIC

diaz beats most of those guys in a 5 round fight.  ellenberger gasses after 2 rounds of fighting. maybe fitch can hug him for 5 rounds.  Rory is a good fight.  Id love to see Rory vs Diaz.

10/18/12 3:24 PM
CrocopPleaseRetire

Till unfilter...
10/18/12 3:48 PM
hendofanforlife

hendofanforlife - 
hendofanforlife - Why? Because they are his kryptonite. Better to put him against fellow brawlers and strikers, where he has the upper hand. Because he would get put on his back by Fitch, kos, Rory or twas. Maybe even story and ellenburger. Let him face one of those before he gets a rematch with nbk or the pinnacle of mma wrestling, gsp.

Op you're a pussy lol these threads are poiiinnntttless. Mods delete it. It'd be like me going and making a thread about how bad lesnars boxing is! Anybody who's posting on here that doesn't already know that needs to GTFO! Phone Post

Lol. Brock faced strikers. Even as his last mma fight. Nick has faced his weakness in 6 years.

Terrible comparison.

Try again

Why would I try again? How about you show how that's wrong. Just admit, that's an awful comparison. Reem, one of the best strikers on the planet, is the most recent person he faced. Striking is his weakness. So basically the complete opposite of what Diaz has done. How about you pick another example that isn't the opposite of what your point is. Lol.
10/18/12 3:53 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

muppetsbungalowedbeyatch -
MMARAIDER -  I think he'd do fine vs a Koscheck or a fitch Phone Post

He would lose to Fitch, imo.

Not sure about Koscheck
You never know if Kos will actually wrestle. Control based wrestlers are all really bad matchups for him, especially Fitch. Fitch just neutralizes everyone on the ground and he won't get worn down either. Phone Post
10/18/12 3:57 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch, Kos, Askren, GSP all wrestle fuck him. Phone Post
10/18/12 5:09 PM
New Leaf 1.0

BJ has pretty fucking good wrestling.
10/18/12 5:11 PM
New Leaf 1.0

Dallas Winston - 

Source for wrestlers being his Kryptonite?

Neither Diaz brother has ever been held down and controlled. I assume you're talking about his 3-straight UFC losses, but Riggs isn't a wrestler and the decision could've gone either way, as it could have against Sanchez. Both the Sherk and Sanchez fights were ultra-entertaining scramble fests. Hell, Sherk won that fight because he did phenomenal against Nick on the feet. He had 2 TDs to Nick's 1.

I understand that wrestlers might pose more of a challenge style-wise, but they're far from his "Kryptonite."

Sherk won by leaning on Diaz against the cage as I recall. To me that's pretty much the same as holding a guy down.
10/18/12 5:15 PM
UGCTT_Winnson

opwasahopelessfaggot.jpg
10/18/12 5:24 PM
DontClickMyThreadsTheyreAScam
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoeMoney Media, MFCEO
I am surprised nobody had mentioned his jujitsu. IMO that is his true strength.

Did someone post his record vs wrestlers?

When Gomi took him down he go subbed

When Karo took him down he down so well.

Course those were many years ago and not nearly on the level if the guys you named.

Anyway it would be interesting to see how he would fare in his back but he can submit from the bottom fir sure Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.