UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz hasn't fought a wrestler in 6 years.

10/18/12 5:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Swayze Express
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Diaz brothers are exciting fighters. Isn't that the reason we watch mma?
10/18/12 5:45 PM
Dazednconfused
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Op loves to watch wrestlers lay and pray on people. His favourite fighters include Fitch, volkman and brennerman. Phone Post
10/18/12 5:56 PM
huggy bear

Slapsymaxi - Nick no showed testing for a Heron fight, and avoided Woodley like the plague.

Max Phone Post
He wasn't avoiding woodley, Diaz was one of the biggest stars of strikeforce why would he want to fight a guy that beat mid-lower tear guys mostly on challengers series and only hardcore fans knew. That would be like John Hathaway getting the next WW title shot. Phone Post
10/18/12 6:01 PM
Tru
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
Goderson Silva - 
I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ -  Erick silva x Nick Diaz

Fireworks folks! Phone Post

I Get Hard Thingking About It

this

10/18/12 6:08 PM
hendofanforlife
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ -  No one is claiming Diaz is a good wrestler and it's known that it's his weakness because he's lost to them in the past. they all wrestlefucked him.

Brock has been torn up by guys with decent to excellent striking. No one is trying to claim he's gonna go out and beat strikers (or that he is a good striker).

Both situations are clear as fucking day and if you even watch mma, you'd agree.

I'm Confused as to why that's so hard for you to see. Phone Post

You're a moran.

Look at the thread title. Diaz hasn't faced a wrestler in six years. That's his weakness. And he has continued to not face them.

Brock lesnars weakness is striking. Guess what, he still faced it, in his very last fight. And lost.

One guy hasn't faced his weakness in six years, one faced it in two of his last three fights. How fucking difficult is that to comprehend? Fuck, you're so hugging it clouds your mind.

Six years ago VS most recent fight. Clear now???
10/18/12 6:10 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

im suprised how people still underestimate how critical wrestling is at the highest levels...

if you cannot wrestle, its virtually impossible to become champion in the ufc, even if you have very good bjj...

thats why a guy like anderson is a total anomoly...

yes, nick and nate both have wrestling weaknesses...im pretty sure he got booted out of the ufc last time because he suffered some decision losses due to his lack of wrestling...and nate got wrestlefucked back down to 155....

nick is awesome but he would lose to many guys at 170 like fitch, koscheck, pierce, maia..it doesnt matter if his striking and bjj are better..all they need to do is take him down and not get submitted, which is not that difficult to do if you dont attempt to pass or go crazy with strikes

10/18/12 6:24 PM
Dazednconfused
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendofanforlife -
I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ -  No one is claiming Diaz is a good wrestler and it's known that it's his weakness because he's lost to them in the past. they all wrestlefucked him.

Brock has been torn up by guys with decent to excellent striking. No one is trying to claim he's gonna go out and beat strikers (or that he is a good striker).

Both situations are clear as fucking day and if you even watch mma, you'd agree.

You're a moran.

Look at the thread title. Diaz hasn't faced a wrestler in six years. That's his weakness. And he has continued to not face them.

Brock lesnars weakness is striking. Guess what, he still faced it, in his very last fight. And lost.

One guy hasn't faced his weakness in six years, one faced it in two of his last three fights. How fucking difficult is that to comprehend? Fuck, you're so hugging it clouds your mind.

If you're gonna call someone a moron. Make sure you spell it right next time. Phone Post
10/18/12 6:30 PM
GeneraI
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

im suprised how people still underestimate how critical wrestling is at the highest levels...

if you cannot wrestle, its virtually impossible to become champion in the ufc, even if you have very good bjj...

yes, nick and nate both have wrestling weaknesses...im pretty sure he got booted out of the ufc last time because he suffered some decision losses due to his lack of wrestling...and nate got wrestlefucked back down to 155....

nick is awesome but he would lose to many guys at 170 like fitch, koscheck, pierce, maia..it doesnt matter if his striking and bjj are better..all they need to do is take him down and not get submitted, which is not that difficult to do if you dont attempt to pass or go crazy with strikes

I completely agree ^ Phone Post
10/18/12 6:32 PM
Dazednconfused

He didn't get booted out. He left to fight in a Gracie promotion. Nick has never been cut from the ufv Phone Post
10/18/12 6:56 PM
Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ - 
Leghound -
Lun8 - 

^^^ Nick Diaz hater.   praying for someone to hold him down for a boring decision..

coooool

Takes two to tango, as a mixed martial artist maybe work on TD defense and sweeps?
Judging. They don't value working off ur back. Who Evers on top is "winning" Phone Post

I get what you're saying but if all the work you're doing off your back is nullified are you really doing anything other than looking flashy? The guy on top is at least imposing his will on you.
10/18/12 7:05 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GeneraI -

You do? He's incorrect. Nick wasn't cut by the UFC, he left of his own accord on a 2 fight win streak.
Also, Anderson has much better wrestling than he's given credit for. He stopped TD's/reversed position on Sonnen, Henderson, Marquardt, Okami, Maia, And Leites. Phone Post
10/18/12 7:06 PM
BaraoKix

I love watching Diaz fight but imagine how badly GSP would beat him, he'd make him look like an amateur.

Fitch would give him fits, id favor Jon to win by D
10/18/12 7:13 PM
hendofanforlife
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendofanforlife -

You're a moran.

Stupid fuck, I was saying that this thread is POINTLESS. Who doesn't know he doesn't have good wrestling??? You really think you're bringing something new to the table? If you just figured that out, it's one thing.

This thread is pure masturbation for wrasslers. Phone Post

http://24ahead.com/images/get-a-brain-morans.jpg

Lol. Notice the thread title isn't "nick diaz has weak wrestling."

That's because the point is he's avoided his weakness. Brock lesnar did not. So you're still wrong. Just look at the fucking thread title. You brought up Brock. Which is a horrible comparison. So either you don't understand the thread title and op or are blinded by rage.

Why don't you show me all the recent Diaz is avoiding wrestlers for six years threads? Since I'm not bringing anything new.
10/18/12 7:24 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero - I don't understand people's obsession with wrestling.
It's one of the best sports in the world... I assume that is why Phone Post
10/18/12 7:28 PM

Ok what about cigano?. Have we seen his wrestling?

I know what you're thinking, TDD is wrestling, right? Okay, I'll agree. However, at the same time then, we have to also say that if you aren't good in bjj (sub defense) then you probably won't be champion. Every champ has good sub defense because of bjj. Phone Post

cigano has very good takedown defense....if he had weak tdd he would not be nearly as formidable as he is, even if his bjj was elite level

good submission d is important but not nearly as important as wrestling...look how far chael has gotten with poor submission defense..he was minutes away from totally dominating the GOAT..if you have really good wrestling and striking, for example, your bjj defense wont matter that much

10/18/12 7:30 PM

GriffinQ - 
GeneraI -

You do? He's incorrect. Nick wasn't cut by the UFC, he left of his own accord on a 2 fight win streak.
Also, Anderson has much better wrestling than he's given credit for. He stopped TD's/reversed position on Sonnen, Henderson, Marquardt, Okami, Maia, And Leites. Phone Post

im pretty sure nickj was released after losing 3 in a row...he came back to the ufc, but his initial release was due to him getting outwrestled i believe

10/18/12 7:33 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see Diaz vs Kampmann. His wrestling is underrated and wouldn't mind brawling with Diaz if it went to that. I think he could get him down with his trip takedowns and beat him up from there. Phone Post
10/18/12 7:40 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ - It turned into it being about nick not having good wrestling (which is where the Brock comparison game in)

"the point is he's avoided his weakness." when has he ever turned down a fight (because the guy was too good of a wrestler) for you to be able to claim he's avoided all these wrestlers for 6 years? All he'll do is bitch about the judging. Post a link if I'm wrong. Phone Post
He pretty blatantly avoided Hieron Phone Post
10/18/12 8:02 PM
hendofanforlife

I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ -  It turned into it being about nick not having good wrestling (which is where the Brock comparison game in)

"the point is he's avoided his weakness." when has he ever turned down a fight (because the guy was too good of a wrestler) for you to be able to claim he's avoided all these wrestlers for 6 years? All he'll do is bitch about the judging. Post a link if I'm wrong. Phone Post

Hey doofus, you quoted my ORIGINAL POST when you brought up Brock. Lol @ that's what the thread turned into. You quoted the start of it. You're not very bright are you? Just admit you made an awful comparison with no relevance whatsoever.

Btw, I am not claiming nick turned down a single fight. No where did i say that. The promotions he fought for could be the reason. Nor am I saying wrestling is the best thing ever. Or that it's more important than bjj. You have to be well rounded to be UFC champ. Diaz has not proven he acquired that missing piece. We shall see as I believe he will have to prove himself before a title shot. With several wrestlers at the top, good luck to him getting past that.
10/18/12 8:04 PM
GriffinQ

I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ -
GriffinQ - 
I Get Hard Rolling at BJJ - It turned into it being about nick not having good wrestling (which is where the Brock comparison game in)

He pretty blatantly avoided Hieron Phone Post

can you help me out, this is all ive found

"Prior to the matchup with Zaromskis, Diaz and Zaromskis were rumored to be having a bout against Jay Hieron, but nothing ever came of it, for either fighter. Rumors of the three fighters avoiding each other surfaced, but Diaz and Zaromskis aren’t worried about it.

“I’m just fighting who they want me to fight,” said Diaz. “That’s how it is. That’s why I don’t open my mouth and start talking shit. I can’t say ‘Georges St. Pierre is a pussy. He won’t fight me.’ I can’t just do that. I’m ready to fight anybody. I’m ready to fight Jay Hieron and everybody in this weight class.”

“I don’t listen to that kind of stuff,” Zaromskis added. “A fighter should fight whoever is put in front of them. If Hieron doesn’t think that I’m famous enough for a fight right now, I’ll have to wait until I become famous enough to get a shot at him. It’ll come eventually.” "

http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/nick-diaz-ducking-fight-jay-hieron/

I'll find a source when I'm on a computer instead of a phone, but Hieron and Diaz were matched up to fight a few years back, and Diaz no showed the drug test so the fight was cancelled. Once they were both available to do the fight again, the promoters didnt try and make it, so I believe Hieron asked for his release and then went to Bellator Phone Post
10/18/12 8:14 PM

Edited: 10/18/12 8:15 PM

Ok what about cigano?. Have we seen his wrestling?

I know what you're thinking, TDD is wrestling, right? Okay, I'll agree. However, at the same time then, we have to also say that if you aren't good in bjj (sub defense) then you probably won't be champion. Every champ has good sub defense because of bjj. Phone Post

cigano has very good takedown defense....if he had weak tdd he would not be nearly as formidable as he is, even if his bjj was elite level

good submission d is important but not nearly as important as wrestling...look how far chael has gotten with poor submission defense..he was minutes away from totally dominating the GOAT..if you have really good wrestling and striking, for example, your bjj defense wont matter that much

We're talking champion in the UFC not getting close. Chael is a great example
of why bjj d is so important. He really works his jiu jitsu now more than ever. He even was quoted saying the only thing that beats wrestling is jiu jitsu. Every champ has good bjj d. You cannot avoid it at that level without getting into trouble.

Another example is a more recent fight. When jones got caught in that arm bar. He said that he ignored his bjj and it nearly cost (what some people on here say is the GOAT) his belt. He then said he plans to work on it a lot more.

A good defensive bjj is of high value in becoming a champ just like good tdd (wrestling) is, striking d (good footwork and head movement) we could go on and on. It's just misleading to single out wrestling as being that golden ticket. It's mma; his day and age, if you're not studying everything you can get in trouble. Phone Post

just look at the ufc champs..bendo is a wrestler, i think like a purple belt in bjj, gets tapped on in tourneys with no names... jones is a wrestler, has good offensive submissions, but is probably not more than a purple belt in bjj...

high level wrestlers can go into bjj tournaments and beat black belts with lilke 6 months of training..its not hard to defend submissions if you fight conservatively...

but if you have poor wrestling, nothing can save you from someone that either strikes better than you u that you cant take down or you cant defend the TD against

im pretty surprised you are arguing this...ask any pro fighter and they will tell you that wrestling is far more important than sub defense at the elite level

10/18/12 8:19 PM
hendofanforlife

http://www.mevio.com/episode/172910/nick-diaz-no-shows-drug-test-to

http://mmaspot.com/comments/Nick_Diaz_vs._Jay_Hieron_To_Happen_By_Years_End#axzz29hQIIBu4

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15870/scott-coker-nick-diaz-vs-jay-hieron-strikeforce-title-fight-could-happen-by-years-end.mma

http://insidefights.com/2009/08/10/tuf-alum-taylor-replaces-nick-diaz/

Lol. You didn't look very hard did you??

Google "Diaz drug test hieron"

You're not good at interwebs, huh?
10/18/12 8:25 PM
JerseyShoreTapTeam

God, Diaz fans are the worst. Makes Fedor fans look respectable.
10/18/12 8:29 PM
Captfireeyes
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait, Diaz lost his last fight, which was for a title, he talks shit and has a lot of fans.... By recent UFC logic, he gets a title shot vs Anderson. Phone Post
10/18/12 8:30 PM
hendofanforlife

why would he avoid something if he wasnt good at it,.. you gonna say that wasnt implied dipshit??? "ohh sir, he avoided wrestlers because they wouldnt sell fights"  GTFO!

Why would he avoid something if he wasn't good at it?

Just repeat this to yourself til you see it doesn't make sense.

Go sit in the corner dunce.

So you quoted the op but were referencing something the thread had turned into. You claim it's like makin a thread about Brock's bad boxing, despite the thread title being completely different.

Please stop telling us what was implied since we stated a lot of things quite clearly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.