10/18/12 4:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1800champagne
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOVE to see Maia sub Nicky El Diablo Diaz. Phone Post
10/18/12 4:13 PM
DeLurked
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Either opponent would make for a very good fight Phone Post
10/18/12 4:21 PM
nyhcloyalty
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia would demonstrate his style all over Diaz Phone Post
10/18/12 4:21 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that Diaz would batter Maia for 5 rounds. But both fights would be good.

10/18/12 4:23 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

hendofanforlife - 
maxbrothersinc - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -

maia would beat diaz..he took down chael sonnen, you think he cant take down nick?

Derpa derpa derp? Phone Post

Lol. We don't really know how good nicks tdd is nowadays. He hasn't faced a Maia or wrestler in 6 years. Not really derp in any way

we do know...bj just took him down pretty damn easily...and maia's takedowns are underrated

Caleb R
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh hells ya Phone Post
Nilfux
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll never be able to look at Maia the same after the silva fight.

10/18/12 4:36 PM
MMALOGIC

Id like maia vs fitch.  Diaz can fight Rory.

10/18/12 4:38 PM
gatorlaw
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - I think Maia loses to Nick, and beats Fitch.

I also think Fitch has a good chance to beat Nick though.
I agree. And it goes to show that MMAth doesn't always work. Phone Post
10/18/12 4:44 PM
pennviachoke
1062 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz/Maia would be EPIC! Make it happen DFW!! Phone Post
10/18/12 9:42 PM
Sub Reactor
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fitch>Maia>Nick Phone Post
10/18/12 9:42 PM
Sub Reactor
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ in reverse order for entertainment value Phone Post
10/18/12 9:46 PM
32Hunter

if Jason MacDonald can hang with Maia, Diaz will do just fine if it even makes it to the ground.
10/18/12 9:50 PM
BaraoKix

UGCTT_rkilla - 
caposa -  Maia/Fitch sounds good to me Phone Post

x2. That sounds like an awesome fight!

x3

Get er done!
10/18/12 10:05 PM
BrunoMcGyver
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be interested in a Fitch/Maia fight just to see if Fitch can defend Maia's sub attempts.
10/18/12 10:48 PM
white

Penn has underrated takedowns; I think he can take most guys down at welterweight. His fight style just keeps him standing/boxing most of the time. Hasn't he taken down his last three opponents?

Did Maia take Sonnen down - or did Sonnen jump into his guard?

I think Fitch would edge Maia out in a competitive decision, where Fitch would out-work and out-grind him. Basically, I think he'd get broke fitched and gas under his pressure. I think the only one in the division that would beat him worse is GSP.

Diaz would box him up on the feet and hold his own in scrambles on the ground. Either way, I think Diaz wins by breaking him on the feet. If he gasses or gets hurt, I can see Diaz getting a win by submission (that he'd never get in something like ADCC, but this is mma). It would be beautiful to see Maia win on the ground, though. Phone Post
10/18/12 10:54 PM
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz is a bad fight for Maia
10/18/12 10:56 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

white - Penn has underrated takedowns; I think he can take most guys down at welterweight. His fight style just keeps him standing/boxing most of the time. Hasn't he taken down his last three opponents?

Did Maia take Sonnen down - or did Sonnen jump into his guard?

I think Fitch would edge Maia out in a competitive decision, where Fitch would out-work and out-grind him. Basically, I think he'd get broke fitched and gas under his pressure. I think the only one in the division that would beat him worse is GSP.

Diaz would box him up on the feet and hold his own in scrambles on the ground. Either way, I think Diaz wins by breaking him on the feet. If he gasses or gets hurt, I can see Diaz getting a win by submission (that he'd never get in something like ADCC, but this is mma). It would be beautiful to see Maia win on the ground, though. Phone Post
He took down sonnen. Lateral drop type thing. And I dunno if Diaz can "hold his own" on the ground. In fact I strongly doubt it. But I would love to see it. Phone Post
10/18/12 11:48 PM
UGCTT_zackthewop
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please not Diaz vs Maia. My two favorite welterweights. Don't want to see that matchup unless its for a title.

Maia vs fitch

Or Maia vs kampmann Phone Post
10/19/12 12:00 AM
Kerouac

Right on Mr.Maia!

Would love to see either match.
10/19/12 1:21 AM
KC007

Nice. I like how Maia is calling out other fighters. He's really starting to make a name for himself in the division. Phone Post
10/19/12 1:27 AM
aka_rtotheoh

i think you'd be shocked how quick and easy maia would take down and submit Diaz Phone Post
10/19/12 1:30 AM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm sick fights....

Fitch may be the tougher fight for maia because maia may not ve avle to take him down

Fitch abd maia wouod ptobably be a striking battle Phone Post
10/19/12 5:27 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupesUp - The fight vs nick is the most interesting. Nick is much better on the feet, it's not even close, I'd give maia the bjj edge but only slightly.
It would come down to wrestling and top control. In a three round fight if Maia gets a take down early in each round while I believe nick has the skills to avoid the sub he'd be in defense the entire fight and would lose on the scorecards.
Nick keeps it standing then Maia is gonna get busted up. Phone Post
This Phone Post
10/19/12 6:00 AM
Brabo Ben
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz can make it competitive on the floor, thats all, maia would out class him with control and positioning. The people saying that diaz would tap maia or outwork him there are simply delusional. We are talking about two different leagues of jiu jitsu here. Saying that - Diaz would have enough to stay in the fight there and give maia problems, it wouldn't be a shutdown.
But this is mma and where diaz can make it competitive in the grappling department, reverse that and i dont think maia can make it competitive in diaz's world. Would welcome the matchup though as maia has made massive leaps and looks like an animal every time he competes at 170. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.