UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Demian Maia calls out Jon Fitch and Nick Diaz

10/19/12 6:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PeterIrl
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wreckker -  Hmmm sick fights....

Fitch may be the tougher fight for maia because maia may not ve avle to take him down

Fitch abd maia wouod ptobably be a striking battle Phone Post

Yeah, but Fitch's game is to take people down and grind em out. Maia doesn't have to take him down.
10/19/12 6:40 AM
TenOfSwords
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/12 6:41 AM

A comparison between Fitch's overall situation and Rashad's is instructive.

For Fitch to credibly regain his #2 ranking at 170, he needs to rematch, and beat, Johny Hendricks - just as for Rashad to make the same narrative work at 205 he must rematch, and beat, Lyoto Machida.

Maybe Hendricks-Fitch 2 if Fitch does fight Maia, and he wins?

10/19/12 9:04 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia easily took down chael, story and dhk all of whom are far superior wrestlers to nick. I don't think Maia submits nick but he would almost certainly beat him. It's not like nick has 1 punch ko power to knock Maia out coming in. Phone Post
10/19/12 9:14 AM
fiercedragon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'd like to see paulo thiago and maia...

10/19/12 10:07 AM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia Vs. Fitch would be a great fight, but I think alot of casuals would miss the fun in it. I was floored so many ppl at the bar were bitching at Fitch Vs. Silva.

I personally don't think Fitch'd get submitted, I'm biased, but godamn his sub d is impressive
10/19/12 10:15 AM
Tomato Can
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am I the first person to mention the possibility of Maia/Koscheck? I think that would be a super interesting fight.

Also, since they're saying Diaz will need another win before getting a title shot, I think Jake Ellenberger makes a lot of sense for him.

Would also like to see Fitch/Bahadurzada. Looks like they might do Alves/Bahadurzada instead though, which would be a crazy fight. If that happens, and Rory MacDonald manages to beat BJ, I bet there's a decent chance we get Fitch/MacDonald.
10/19/12 10:42 AM
UGCTT_ATLien
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be very interested to watch either of those fights.

Needless to say, but there are a TON of great matchups to be made at welterweight.
10/19/12 12:03 PM
white

Doom: Haven't seen the fight in a while. I have a foggy recollection of it; my only real memory is that Sonnen made a mistake and got subbed. Other than that, as a life-long comic book fan and sometimes writer, I'm glad that I can one day tell my children Doom agreed with me. Ranks right up there with getting Hulk smashed. Phone Post
10/19/12 2:39 PM
Ugly Joe
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only GSP can stop Maia at WW.
10/19/12 3:02 PM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick would beat both Maia and Fitch. Fitch loses to Maia though.
10/19/12 10:58 PM
Uberstone

Any of these three fighting each other would pretty awesome.
They all make sense as well.

Excited!
10/19/12 11:36 PM
Brian Littlefield

Maia beats both. 

10/19/12 11:46 PM
Forrest Spliffn

I'm not writing Fitch off anymore.

I thought silva was gonna bust his shit and I was very wrong.

It's the whole styles make fights thing. Throw in " punchers chances", wild scrambles and freak injuries and literally anything can happen.

Probability tells me Diaz would likely box up Fitch. That would only work if Diaz moves in and out with his boxing like gsp does. If he was to walk forward throwing a million punches like he usually does Fitch would have a great chance to employ his usual Fitch game plan.

Fitch vs Maia. I don't know. That's sick wrestling against sick bjj. Can't believe I'm saying this about Fitch and Maia but I'd watch the shit out of that shit Phone Post
10/19/12 11:52 PM
rumble_fish
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like both match ups. Fitch and Maia would be a grappling war, but I'm gonna give Maia the edge here. Diaz on the other hand, should go well for Maia but it could get ugly for him if he decides to box with Nick. Seriously, no one fucks with Maia on the ground at WW.
10/19/12 11:56 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really respect his intentions to fight very, very tough opponents. Maia defeated a tough Rick Story that was as close as you come to a perfect performance style/outcome wise. I look forward to seeing him compete again.
10/20/12 12:13 AM
Leghound
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both fun fights I'd love to see.
10/20/12 12:29 AM
Ronin_jutsuka
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tatakai Fightwear, President
I want to start off with I am a huge Maia fan, but....

I don't see a fight with Diaz going his way unless he gets a quick takedown at the beginning of each round and rides out a victory.

He would have a great shot at beating Fitch, but I have a feeling that it won't happen. It would have the possibility of being a huge display of the ground game, but your casual fan will get bored and start booing shortly after they both start working on the ground. I think that Joe Silva understands that and will avoid making that fight. Phone Post
10/20/12 12:34 AM
wreckker
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would fitch take MAIA DOWN???

Thats way to dangerous, He is gonna stand with maia and defend maias takedown attempts.

That would be highest % win gameplan for fitch.

Would that fight be exciting? Idk? Before id say no, But maybe these two would still give us a good fight.

Diaz and Maia could be awesome, Most likely awesome for NICK

Maia and nick in the clinch and transitionioning to the ground would be exciting.

Nick has a huge edge on the feet and thats maias biggest problem with nick.

Maia has to try and get the fight to the ground so seeing him trying would be exciting too

If it does hit the floor then maia is in his best area of the fight.. Nick is so technical an active on the ground though to see that level of bjj at 170 would ve awesome too see! Phone Post
10/20/12 12:58 AM
Hargreaves
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/20/12 12:59 AM
Maia has the Rickson mind set now

Maia is going to tear shit up even if he must pull guard to win it's better than watch him trade and get koed.

his bjj is sick his takedowns are looking really good as well.

He should go train with GSP and Rory for a bit and then go back to Marcelo Garcia as well.

10/20/12 1:57 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia vs Fitch is the most logical choice, imo.
10/20/12 2:15 AM
garrote
520 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_rkilla -
caposa -  Maia/Fitch sounds good to me Phone Post

x2. That sounds like an awesome fight!

I'm down Phone Post
10/20/12 10:22 AM
SQUEEZIE

Edited: 10/20/12 10:24 AM
fitch does what fitch does... to either of them. and diaz beats maia. but would love to find out.
10/20/12 10:27 AM
Daverr

lol at fitch ever being subbed,

not happeneing,

maia losses to both
10/21/12 2:43 AM
Cya

ttt
10/21/12 2:45 AM
Cya

ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.