UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Lovato vs. Ryron rematch?

10/19/12 2:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Calhoon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/12 2:29 AM

Would you like to see this in Metamoris 2?

What outcome would you expect now that it is years later and they have both improved?
10/19/12 3:53 AM
CompanyBlue

Or Lovato rematch against Rener. I almost posted this same thing a couple days ago. Lovato lost to both via sub on the same day I think. Was this at a Best of the West event? I never saw the videos and I think I was there in person but was coaching dammit.

The best guy to ask would be Xande since he is on the mat with both regularly.
10/19/12 4:05 AM
Calhoon

Edited: 10/19/12 4:23 AM
If I remember right he lost to both on separate occasions, Ryron then Renner at a later date. I am almost sure both were before Lovato was with Saulo too. I believe he was still training under Carlos at that time.

Even though Renner beat Lovato back then I personally believe that the rematch with Ryron would be the most competitive. I'd love to see either though.
10/19/12 6:17 AM
JSho
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see Ryron/Galvao no time limit and Rener/Braulio no time limit.

Or just for the Lolz, Rodolfo vs either brother. I'd say no time limit but I don't think he'd take too long. Phone Post
10/19/12 6:17 AM
JSho
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah and lovato vs either would be good. Phone Post
10/19/12 6:36 AM
Sir Taps
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zero chance of it happening, but Roger vs Ryron would be interesting. Don't think Ryron would have been quite so relaxed if it had been Roger with knee on belly...

James
10/19/12 2:08 PM
Calhoon

Sir Taps - Zero chance of it happening, but Roger vs Ryron would be interesting. Don't think Ryron would have been quite so relaxed if it had been Roger with knee on belly...

James

0 chance? Why is that?
10/19/12 4:47 PM
Herbish1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/12 4:49 PM
<blockquote>Sir Taps - Zero chance of it happening, but Roger vs Ryron would be interesting. Don't think Ryron would have been quite so relaxed if it had been Roger with knee on belly...<br /><br />James</blockquote><br /> I kind of think Ryron wouldn't mind it that much. If his whole mind set is being able to ride out and relax in bad spots, I'm sure he's been in knee on belly from pretty big guys a lot.<br /><br />In my training, I was getting armbarred so often from knee on belly because I couldn't remember the proper escape, so I would chill until the guy moved on to something else. Now when I'm put in knee on belly, it's really not that uncomfortable anymore, and I can work a proper escape finally, LOL. Not gonna say Roger Gracie's knee on belly would have no effect on me, I'd probably be squirming like crazy to get him off me, but I'm gonna say it may have little effect on a guy like Ryron who trains being in bad spots with the sole purpose of relaxing and riding it out.
10/19/12 8:29 PM
matthias
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see either fight. Preferably Ryron. With Lovato's pressure on top I wonder how he'd deal with Ryron's relaxed guard. I didn't even know they competed until I heard Rener mention it during Metamoris Phone Post
10/19/12 8:32 PM
matthias
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calhoon -
Sir Taps - Zero chance of it happening, but Roger vs Ryron would be interesting. Don't think Ryron would have been quite so relaxed if it had been Roger with knee on belly...

James

0 chance? Why is that?
I didn't think Gracie's fought each other. Although isn't Rogers's real last name something else? His mom was a Gracie Phone Post
10/19/12 11:37 PM
pcuzz
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

matthias - 
Calhoon -

James

0 chance? Why is that?
I didn't think Gracie's fought each other. Although isn't Rogers's real last name something else? His mom was a Gracie Phone Post

Still makes him a Gracie.
10/19/12 11:39 PM
Calhoon

matthias - 
Calhoon -

James

0 chance? Why is that?

Wtf? I'm not sure how I read that but I was sure he was talking about 0 chance for Lovato/Ryron rematch.
10/20/12 12:38 AM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CompanyBlue - Or Lovato rematch against Rener. I almost posted this same thing a couple days ago. Lovato lost to both via sub on the same day I think. Was this at a Best of the West event? I never saw the videos and I think I was there in person but was coaching dammit.

The best guy to ask would be Xande since he is on the mat with both regularly.
Don't remember the Renee match but the ryron one was at brown belt and ryron tapped lovato with a cross choke from the mount. Phone Post
10/20/12 12:40 AM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calhoon -
matthias - 
Calhoon -

James

0 chance? Why is that?

Wtf? I'm not sure how I read that but I was sure he was talking about 0 chance for Lovato/Ryron rematch.
Probably because lovato is a saulo guy now which makes him on the same team as ryron

In their first match lovato was a Machado guy Phone Post
10/20/12 10:19 AM
matthias

Baroquen Record -
Calhoon -
matthias - 
Calhoon -

James

0 chance? Why is that?

Probably because lovato is a saulo guy now which makes him on the same team as ryron

In their first match lovato was a Machado guy Phone Post
Oh shoot, I read it as Roger. Looking again he was probably talking about Lovato Phone Post
10/20/12 10:25 AM
Calhoon

^^^ its hard to tell. It applies to both though I guess.
10/24/12 2:52 PM
bjjbomb
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rolled with both when they were black belts and when Rafael was already with Saulo. used to roll with Ryron when he was a purple. I would say if they were to roll now it would be ALL Rafael.
10/24/12 6:15 PM
Sir Taps
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was referring to Roger vs Ryron. And people need to stop with the "Gracie isn't his real name" shit. It's common in Brazil to use the middle name, which is usually the mother's maiden name. Here's a few others who do so:

Marcelo Garcia Vespúcio
Rafael Mendes Godoy
Claudio Calasans Camargo Jr
Rodolfo Vieira Srour

Some do, some don't. Get over it people.

James
10/25/12 11:41 AM
matthias

I wasn't meaning anything by saying that except to say that he might be more inclined to compete against Ryron.  No disrespect intended. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.