UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha: If a woman hits a man, he can hit her back

10/19/12 11:24 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Prior to their March fight, Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate engaged in pre fight trash talk so pointed that the night before the fight Tate's boyfriend UFC fighter Bryan Caraway was dragged into the mix, kicking and screaming.

Rousey had appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience BLOG #15 and, laughing, said "I want to fight Miesha next, and then after that I want to fight her boyfriend. When asked if she really thought she could beat Caraway, Rousey said yes, twice.

When asked on Twitter about the comments, Caraway was intially light hearted, but was goaded into more bitter replies.

@jaybaggs
Who would win in an Mma fight, @rondarousey or @BryanCaraway ? Bookies have #Ronda as a 3-1 fav

@BryanCaraway
thats honestly a joke an a publicity stunt! It would be no comparison I could use 1 arm seriously lol

@ComIuygtuiyg
Rousey says she can kick ur ass. Would u ever fight her?

@BryanCaraway
that was just a publicity stunt. Guys and girls arent = I would knock her head off w 1 arm or choke her, not a real question

@colbub
you like stomping on women? that's classy. @RondaRousey is going to break your girlfriends arm. lolz!

@BryanCaraway
and if she wants to challenge a man I'll knock her teeth dwn her throat the break her arm!

@colbub
you shouldn't be such a misogynist. If you can't handle a girl poking fun at you, you have esteem issues.

‏ @BryanCaraway
haven't said a word in weeks but she really believes she can compete w a man she better realize

@PADDYKILLZ
are you the Chris brown of mma? Fight @CMPunk he isn't down for women hitters

‏ @BryanCaraway
oh I dnt hit Women! But she not a women. She gonna act like a dude she can deal w the consequences.

@michaelmason730
dana will drop your ass for threatening a woman

@BryanCaraway
I just said if she wanted to COMPETE against me that's what would happen

The issue resurfaced earlier this week. Tate was happily twittering along like normal:

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
Twitter > Facebook
Cupcakes > Cookies
Vanilla > Chocolate
Strong > Skinny
#ImAttractedTo Face Punching
MMA > boxing
Water > soda
Hot > Cold
Humble > Cocky
WMMA > MMA

Suddendly a weird, English troll follower - or worse someone so befuddled they act like a troll in advertently - interjected himself.

Edward Macintyre ‏@edwardethan
Rousey>Tate

Why did Carraway say he would beat a woman? My 7 year old boy just asked me

What followed was a back and forth in which Tate strongly advocated a little made arguement for sexual equality - if a woman hits a man, she deserves to be hit back.

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
when a woman steps up to a man she should be treated as an equal, no discrimination

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
I think if she slaps u, u should b able 2 slap her back 100% its dumb 2 say a woman can but a man can't

Looks like I am beating my wife tonight. She beats me so its fair

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
if your wife beats you up it's not any more right for a woman to hit a man, why is this acceptable??

A man should never lay a hand on a woman and anyone who threatens a woman is pathetic. Tell Bryan to become a Man.

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
I disagree, I think women who hide behind being a girl, they hit or talk crap to men & think it's ok 4 them butnot 4 man

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
I am all for equality, women should be treated equally in every aspect so if a women punches a man then he can punch her back

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
I hate double standards, I've worked all my life to break away from double standards, they work both ways for men and women

Laura Luella ‏@discoremixx
I love you Miesha and I'm a huge fan but I disagree. The only time this would be acceptable is in a ring.

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
no think about it, why can women act out in violence & let their tempors fly? Why is it ok for a woman to hit?

Miesha TateVerified ‏@MieshaTate
hell no I would never fight a man, that's my point I would never challenge a man ever bc it's idiotic

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
My point is society needs to stop putting double standards that it's ok for a woman to challenge/hit a man & he can do or say NOTHING

Those standards are there for a reason. A woman is physically weaker than a man. They need it for protection.

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
people have brains 4 a reason women & men, use yours. Women don't need protection these days that's what the law is 4 not men

Then go in a ring with a male fighter at your weight. I guarantee that you will be defeated.

it needs 2 b straight across the board, no hitting or calling out from a man 2 a woman or a woman to a man it's the same WRONG

your missing the point, the point is principle, a woman should know she is weaker there for WHY hit a man/challenge him?

It goes against nature 4 a woman 2 challenge a man physically period! In the wild if a lioness challenged a lion he'd eat her

don't pick a fight you don't think you can win& if you DO then be ready 4 all consequences

GodKing Breeze ‏@jbrown13
@edwardethan you completely misunderstand what her point is lol

Wrong. I asked whether it was right to hit a woman. This whole convo started from that.

yet another lie, look ur a troll Buddy we got it! Thns 4 the follow & helping prove me point, wrong is wrong male or female @edwardethan

Read entire Twitter...

10/19/12 11:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hocky Balboa
10178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"You goin' to jail now." Phone Post
10/19/12 11:29 AM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twitterground Blog

LayzieTheSavage
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer
Wrong.
Any man that hits a woman is a pussy, imho. Phone Post
PassnSmash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Say what? Phone Post
stevekt
689 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you step up like a man, be prepared to get put down like a man. Phone Post
10/19/12 11:30 AM
Nalaan
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa -  "You goin' to jail now." Phone Post

If she gon' be a man, imma treat her like a man!
10/19/12 11:30 AM
Nalaan
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hocky Balboa -  "You goin' to jail now." Phone Post

If she gon' be a man, imma treat her like a man!
10/19/12 11:33 AM
SonofJockstrap
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Call it sexist or whatever, but if a woman hits me, I give them one warning that if they do it again, I'll put their lights out. I'm not going to stand there and get my ass kicked because it's mysoginistic if I don't take the beating, or lack thereof. Miesha's 100% on the ball here.

10/19/12 11:38 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish 5 women broke into one of these "never hit a woman, ever" guy's houses.

No one man could subdue or hold down 5 angry women.

So the choices would be to hit (oh can't do that ever), shoot (if you can't punch, how could you shoot a demure flower?) or run away screaming while they ransack the place.

It could be a new James Gang preying on men who buy into the "there is never a time to lay a hand on a woman" theory.

Just get a man to drive the getaway car and you're good. Phone Post
10/19/12 11:39 AM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonofJockstrap - 

Call it sexist or whatever, but if a woman hits me, I give them one warning that if they do it again, I'll put their lights out. I'm not going to stand there and get my ass kicked because it's mysoginistic if I don't take the beating, or lack thereof. Miesha's 100% on the ball here.

This.
10/19/12 11:39 AM
ajjr0ller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonofJockstrap -

It would actually be sexist if you refused to hit her for attacking you, even though you'd hit a man for the same. You are treating trashy men and trashy women as equals. Phone Post
10/19/12 11:41 AM
MMALOGIC

a man shouldnt lay his hands on a woman even if she's hitting him?  what kind of pussification is this?

10/19/12 11:44 AM
ortman166

I think it's pussy shit for men to hit women. But feminists are asking for equality, so maybe it's ok to hit them lol...
I kid Phone Post
10/19/12 11:45 AM
Belcherz_Twister

Don't hit a woman, but if she needs to be pushed away in self-defense, can't get mad if she hit her head as a result
10/19/12 11:47 AM
Out To Lunch
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would only hit a woman if I was in danger. ie-she had a weapon or something to force me to defend myself.
10/19/12 11:48 AM
TheHaunted2

Depends if they can fight like her, cos if you don't fight back you gettin ko'd son Phone Post
10/19/12 11:50 AM
mexican jujitsu
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/19/12 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLr19u_KQK4

blue please
10/19/12 11:51 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's trying to get the next man she hits to hit her back. Then she will sue him. Phone Post
10/19/12 11:53 AM
dannytsg
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a friend that sparked a woman, this was after she tried to hit him with a brick after an argument in the street. She picked up the brick and came at him, he dropped her, fair deal in my opinion
10/19/12 11:54 AM
jimbonice

Miesha is right. Phone Post
10/19/12 11:54 AM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These two are probably the most easily trolled pair in MMA history.

10/19/12 11:56 AM
xXJayRobXx
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone giff that bus driver knocking that girls head off just for the principle of it. Phone Post
10/19/12 11:57 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dus 10 - I once superman punched a chick on reflex after she smacked me.
Your reflexes were to make her think a leg kick was coming and finish with a superman punch? What a likely story Phone Post
10/19/12 11:58 AM
whatamess

couldnt agree more...
no one should hit anyone, but if you do, expect some hits in return.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.