UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bendo: There is a blue print to beat Nate Diaz

10/19/12 4:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"Every time a fighter does what they're supposed to do, and improves and gets better every fight, I wouldn't say the blueprint goes out the window, but it can be harder to execute the blueprint," Henderson steadily explains. "Guys leave holes open in their game. Those holes get smaller if you do what you're supposed to do and get better from fight to fight. Nate Diaz has shown a big improvement from his early years in the UFC and he's made those holes a lot smaller, but I think the blueprint is definitely still out there on how to beat Nate. It's not just, ‘Oh, we think you've got to do this. We think you've got to do this.' No, if you want to beat him, you've got to do A, B, C, and D. And then you beat him. Period. You're done."

Of course, the most notorious aspect of that blueprint is also the biggest boon to the Diaz brothers' mystique. The insults, the wild in-fight taunting and flipping of the bird across the cage; while some see it as unprofessional, it's hard to argue with its effectiveness. Just ask Cerrone, who admits Diaz buried deep into his head before the two could ever even lace up their gloves. "I am mentally preparing myself to deal with that," Henderson concedes. "Nate and Nick, the whole scrap pack team, they do a good job of getting inside other fighters' heads, whether it's their body language, whether it's their words or whatever the case may be.

"It works well for them. I'm definitely preparing myself mentally to face that, and when I do face that, act accordingly. I don't intend on it affecting me. I don't intend on going out there and being all mad, all of a sudden getting emotional."

read entire article...

10/19/12 4:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brian Rule
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO @ "blue print"
10/19/12 4:52 PM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the mods should encourage fighters to come here and start an "insult me like Diaz would" thread before they fight the diaz's.

it would give the UG a time to fighter bash that was welcomed by the fighter and actually allowed them to prepare for the worst that diaz could throw at them.

therapy for haters deliver to fighters in a beneficial way.

10/19/12 4:56 PM
k1levelstriking
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see Bendo really working leg and body kicks and Diaz saying "you call that a kick bitch" no matter how hard they connect. Still picking Bendo in this one Phone Post
10/19/12 4:58 PM
Pernicious
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wrestlefuck
10/19/12 4:59 PM
DaddyRich
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make Sexy Time with Nate and you will win the fight.
10/19/12 5:02 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is going to such a good fight Phone Post
10/19/12 5:02 PM
Chhem
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's called wrestling Phone Post
10/19/12 5:19 PM
jtown2
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

k1levelstriking - I see Bendo really working leg and body kicks and Diaz saying "you call that a kick bitch" no matter how hard they connect. Still picking Bendo in this one Phone Post
The left low is what I was thinking. The way Cerrone was able to kick him as a sweep That seems like a good idea. Phone Post
10/19/12 5:33 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's called Rory MacDonalding. Phone Post
10/19/12 5:37 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see Nate doing more damage and winning the "fight", but spending much more time on his back for enough rounds to lose. I love the Diaz bros, but Henderson has a point.
10/19/12 5:41 PM
chaplinshouse
652 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - the mods should encourage fighters to come here and start an "insult me like Diaz would" thread before they fight the diaz's.

it would give the UG a time to fighter bash that was welcomed by the fighter and actually allowed them to prepare for the worst that diaz could throw at them.

therapy for haters deliver to fighters in a beneficial way.

or it could have an opposite effect and crush their self esteem.  go into a fight all insecure and shit. 

diaz.  probably by sub.  if it goes to decision it'll be cuz ben took the condit route in which case i'm sure he'd get the nod.  usually if the fight is close and there's one nice guy and one thuggy rep guy, the nice guy gets the nod.  especially if he's the current champ

10/19/12 5:42 PM
chaplinshouse
652 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

btw:  there's a blue print to beat ANYone.  the fact that he's even pointing it out shows how much in awe of nate he already is. 

10/19/12 5:44 PM
KimboByGhettoplex
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo's the choice on paper but Bendo has a habit of getting dragged into wars. I'm hoping Bendo forgets the blueprint & we see something more like Bendo-Cowboy 1 or Bendo-Pettis than Guida-Nate, Maynard-Nate, etc.

IMO this will be the best card ever on Fox, even though the last 2 have been amazing & better than most PPVs.
10/19/12 5:45 PM
orcus

Every aspect of Nate's game seems to have taken a big leap in the last year or so, this fight is going to be awesome.

10/19/12 5:46 PM
5 Round Main Event

chaplinshouse - 

btw:  there's a blue print to beat ANYone.  the fact that he's even pointing it out shows how much in awe of nate he already is. 

Oh yeah totally that's what it is.

He's just so full of awe brah.
10/19/12 5:47 PM
Leck Brosnar

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  This is going to such a good fight Phone Post

Oh fuck yes.
10/19/12 5:48 PM
choadler
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can say that they wont get into your head, but thats exactly what they do. Gsp is STILL mad, and they didnt even fight! Phone Post
10/19/12 5:48 PM
KimboByGhettoplex
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse - 

Yeah so what's the bluebrint on Jones then?

Oh yeah, that's right, create a fighter that doesn't exist.

Nate has big problems with great MMA wrestlers (like Bendo) who have excellent sub defense (also like Bendo). If you file this one in the "awed by Nate" drawer as opposed to the "no shit Sherlock" drawer then you're obviously doing it wrong & have no business working as a secretary.
10/19/12 5:49 PM
choadler
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both brothers are cut from the same cloth. Nate bendo will be incredible. Phone Post
10/19/12 5:56 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn

They cut their mom's clothes? Phone Post
10/19/12 6:15 PM
stonepony

Don't lose your head when he knocks your cowboy hat off. Don't get sloppy because he calls you a bitch in the cage. That's how he beat Donald, effective mind-games.
10/19/12 6:19 PM
chaplinshouse

KimboByGhettoplex - 
chaplinshouse - 

Yeah so what's the bluebrint on Jones then?

Oh yeah, that's right, create a fighter that doesn't exist.

Nate has big problems with great MMA wrestlers (like Bendo) who have excellent sub defense (also like Bendo). If you file this one in the "awed by Nate" drawer as opposed to the "no shit Sherlock" drawer then you're obviously doing it wrong & have no business working as a secretary.

i think your point might actually be valid if I had said "i personally know all the blue prints on every fighter."  any man can be beaten.  If I'm fighting someone I consider beneath me, the last thing I'll feel the need to point out is how a blue print exists to beat the guy.  that is called an affirmation born from his own insecurity which is being used to combat the mental game he is currently losing.  diaz is already deep in his head. 

i can type fast and make good coffee, come at me bro

10/19/12 6:23 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this fight will be very close, look a lot like Benson's first fight with Cerrone.
10/19/12 6:23 PM
RandyDarsh
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - I sense a "game plan" coming on and ruining what could be fight of the year... Phone Post
FUCKING THIS Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.