UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Trying to get in supreme shape

10/19/12 5:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
keeg jitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok so I had to stop training about a year ago now for personal reasons. That being said I've never been a fit person I've played sports all my life but I've never been in tip top shape. I'm 19 about 6'1 and 230lbs I would love to get to about 190 I just need some advice for food and weight loss advice in general. Phone Post
10/19/12 7:22 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best plan is the one you'll actually follow; do activities you enjoy in a sustainable manner and eat more vegetables.
10/19/12 9:55 PM
sewich
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't drink your calories, drink water

More fruits and veggies, less processed food.

Stay active don't sit on your butt for extended periods of time.

Don't skimp on sleep. Phone Post
10/19/12 10:09 PM
keeg jitsu

sewich - Don't drink your calories, drink water

Haha you nailed what I'm doing wrong. I rarely get sleep. I work from 4pm-12am practically ever day. So I stay up hella late and I seriously gag over veggies. Don't know why but I can eat corn carrots and cauliflower that's about it. Any advice on how to get over that? Phone Post
10/20/12 12:16 AM
gusto

if you are really serious, i recommend joel jamieson and 8 weeks out
10/20/12 9:48 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/20/12 9:49 AM
Don't be the bitch who says he can't eat vegetables (or doesn't like the taste of water).
10/20/12 11:04 AM
MbA7601
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It probably sounds gross but I love cinnamon, I eat 3 cups of mixed veggies daily and put cinnamon all over those fuckers and eat it .. Doesn't bother me one bit Phone Post
10/20/12 11:05 AM
MbA7601
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ forgot to mention since I started eating that many vegetables my farts are a poisonous well water smelling odor Phone Post
10/20/12 1:15 PM
turducken

keeg jitsu - 

Haha you nailed what I'm doing wrong. I rarely get sleep. I work from 4pm-12am practically ever day. So I stay up hella late and I seriously gag over veggies. Don't know why but I can eat corn carrots and cauliflower that's about it. Any advice on how to get over that? Phone Post

honestly, you are probably hopeless.

you are just like 99% of the population...you start off with making excuses, rather than just DOING what you need to do. bbbbuut, i dont like healthy food! fuck, who cares what you like, just eat right and get on with your life. or dont and stay how you are.
10/20/12 2:10 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

keeg jitsu - 

Get over it by eating more veggies. And don't eat that canned/frozen shit. EX:

Little bit of olive oil in a pan, don't fucking go crazy with it. Medium heat, don't smoke the oil. Throw in a handful of spinach and wait for the spinach to wilt down. Then throw in some chopped broc, onion, bell pepper and sun dried tomatoes. Little bit of salt mixed in, again don't go crazy.

Add the above to just about anything. Quinoa and lentils plus the above is my fav, but you could do it with brown rice pasta/sauce and chicken post workout, or just in brown rice, etc... Whatever floats your boat. Just eat veggies with every meal and STFU about how you don't like them. They taste good if you cook them right.
10/20/12 4:40 PM
shootfighterbull

Invest in a juicer. Phone Post
10/20/12 6:25 PM
Leigh
955 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frozen is healthier than fresh Phone Post
10/20/12 6:36 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leigh -  Frozen is healthier than fresh Phone Post

I assume you mean frozen veggies can have more nutrients if they're frozen fresher than what you buy in your grocery store. That may or may not be the case depending on where the produce is coming from, but what is almost always true is that frozen veggies don't taste anything like a good as fresh. Better taste=more eatey, at least in my life.
10/21/12 2:59 AM
Leigh
955 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fair point Phone Post
10/21/12 3:14 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best piece of advice that I have ever received is to eat food only your grandmother would recognize, limited your booze and fruit and incorporate sports and exercise into your daily life. You will see the results very soon. Phone Post
10/21/12 7:53 AM
damion
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Something that's worked well for me is once a week I cook up a pot of brown rice, cool it and put a 1/2 cup or full cup in a plastic bag.

Then I take a bag of frozen green beans and bag of mixed frozen veggies mix them up and scoop out a cup or cup and 1/2 into each bag of rice.

Throw them all in freezer.

Then when I need to eat, take out a bag throw it in the micro wave, sprinkle on some seasoning and EAT THAT SHIT.

I pair it with some type of protein source chicken, pork, red meat or fish. Whatever I have prepared ahead of time. In a crunch I have some cans of tuna or chicken breast I can just open and throw in.

10/21/12 7:54 AM
keeg jitsu

damion - Something that's worked well for me is once a week I cook up a pot of brown rice, cool it and put a 1/2 cup or full cup in a plastic bag.

Then I take a bag of frozen green beans and bag of mixed frozen veggies mix them up and scoop out a cup or cup and 1/2 into each bag of rice.

Then when I need to eat, take out a bag throw it in the micro wave, sprinkle on some seasoning and EAT THAT SHIT.

I pair it with some type of protein source chicken, pork, red meat or fish. Whatever I have prepared ahead of time. In a crunch I have some cans of tuna or chicken breast I can just open and throw in.

Huh I like yer idea sit thank you Phone Post
10/21/12 7:54 AM
keeg jitsu

keeg jitsu -
damion - Something that's worked well for me is once a week I cook up a pot of brown rice, cool it and put a 1/2 cup or full cup in a plastic bag.

Huh I like yer idea sit thank you Phone Post
Sir* damn autocorrect Phone Post
10/30/12 7:15 AM
NinjaNate

Go buy the Insanity workout set by Shawn T from beachbody.com, follow the diet guide to the letter, and keep pressing play bro!

(corniness was added for motivational effect and is not a reflection of my real personality)
11/1/12 6:25 AM
falkofire
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NinjaNate - Go buy the Insanity workout set by Shawn T from beachbody.com, follow the diet guide to the letter, and keep pressing play bro!

(corniness was added for motivational effect and is not a reflection of my real personality)
Dig Deep! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.