UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> My one big dislike about Punk and his dvd

10/19/12 7:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Destroyer88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched the documentary portion of his dvd and it's easily in the top 3, if not the best, WWE dvds they've ever put out. VERY well done, you can tell Punk had a lot of input on how it was done. Seeing footage of him in the Steele academy and his early days of IWA-MS and ROH footage, and how different he looked in OVW to today. Hearing from guys like Heyman, Colt Cabana, and Chris Hero. And looking at HHH's smug face when he's talking about Punk.

Learning stuff like how Punk helped write tv with Heyman for OVW, and how SeS was his and only his idea. I personally just loved how open and free the stage was for Punk to call everyone out for trying to bring him down in the WWE.

However this is my big issue with Punk and this dvd in general. He talks about how they made him out to be a weak world heavyweight champion on both occasions. Nobody was focused on him etc etc. He dropped the title without even being in a match. Wants change, tired of guys like Cena and HHH stealing spotlight and is pissed that he worked so hard to get where he is and a guy like Miz was given everything without doing anything.

All of which I agree with, however we come to when his contract is up. Fast forward a year after he won the WWE belt. He's still being booked behind Cena, HHH, Lesnar, Rock, even guys like Laurinitis and Big Show have main evented over Punk. Punk and Jericho was nothing compared to what it should've been. Now we're getting this bullshit Punk heel turn and being fed this shit that even after losing to Punk multiple times, super Cena is better than him. Week after week these fucktards like Lawler, JR, and McMahon say that the guy who has held the title for a year straight, the biggest title in the WWE, the fucking WWE title, isn't the best in the world. It's crap. And I would like to think that Punk isn't just sitting on his hands and keeping his mouth shut because of his new contract. I would like to think that the voice of the voiceless, the preacher of change, would be going to Vince and these writers like he has since he's been in the WWE and calling bullshit.

Am I nitpicking? Probably. However it's just something that's been bothering me about this dvd. Nothing has changed. You're still the champ being booked behind a handful of workers and when they do book you as "the guy" it's absolutely horrible to watch because all they do is shove super Cena down our throats.
10/19/12 7:51 PM
Winky is Wright
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He like most.. proabably just gave up. 

Jim Cornette says it best in the Timeline posted a few days ago... It doesn't matter how good of an idea you have.. everything passes through Vince, and his input is final. (which is good at times, but def hurts the product as well) 

He's probably taming it down a little bit so he doesn't get punished and lose his spot against Austin at 30. You know Trips is just waiting for Punk to mess up

10/20/12 4:08 AM
INDK
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Punk is a wealthy man Phone Post
10/20/12 9:31 AM
ArtMinaj

SaintVon Barksdale - It's all a work bro.

Have to agree with this.  WWE is getting a lot smarter lately with working the fans.  They are using Twitter and other things like that to help.  Try to think one step ahead.

10/20/12 5:13 PM
INDK
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDooDoo - They have made him out to be a weak champ. Phone Post
This is accurate, they would never make triple h weak. Phone Post
10/20/12 5:46 PM
Starship2000

Just got the DVD today can't wait to get home and watch this! Phone Post
10/20/12 6:10 PM
UGCTT_OBEY
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got this yesterday along with the roh summer of punk DVD looks like my Saturday is going to be dedicated to cm punk lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.