UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Marcelo Garcia Breaks Down Metamoris

10/20/12 10:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
joelovesfishin
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff coming from MG.

http://www.mginaction.com/VideoDetails.aspx?VideoId=14370

"Marcelo shares his thoughts on the recent fights from the Metamoris promotion held last weekend. Ryron Gracie did an outstanding job when it came to avoiding André Galvão's submission attacks. The key to his survival boiled down to a few very simple ideas; keeping his elbows tight to his sides, planting his back on the mat, and protecting his neck from chokes. This was enough to foil Galvão's plans long enough for the time limit to expire and result in a draw. However, Ryron isn't invincible; no one is. That's the beauty of jiu-jitsu. One cannot simultaneously hide from every danger. If you know what to look for and when, it is possible to submit anyone. In order to attack an arm, you must control from the armpit by first isolating your opponent's hands. If his hands are too busy defending the armbar, chances are, his neck will be exposed for the choke."

--------------------------------------------------------
My MGinAction Review: http://tinyurl.com/d78pavw

MGinAction Promo Code: joelovesfishin

HOW TO FILLET A FISH: http://www.youtube.com/user/joelovesfishin?feature=mhsn

Want to be a Special Agent: http://www.fedleo.com
10/20/12 11:07 AM
Rival School
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
10/20/12 12:08 PM
jrv
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if attacking Ryrons feet/legs would have worked for Galvao. It's hard to defend your arms and neck and also keep your feet safe at the same time and there are tons of footlocks available from top side mount and also when people reclaim guard.
jrv
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if attacking Ryrons feet/legs would have worked for Galvao. It's hard to defend your arms and neck and also keep your feet safe at the same time and there are tons of footlocks available from top side mount and also when people reclaim guard.
jrv

jrv

jrv

jrv

10/20/12 12:28 PM
Stipe
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think jrv is wondering about something.
10/20/12 1:41 PM
TheDecider

Sub
10/20/12 1:43 PM
TheDecider

jrv - I wonder if attacking Ryrons feet/legs would have worked for Galvao. It's hard to defend your arms and neck and also keep your feet safe at the same time and there are tons of footlocks available from top side mount and also when people reclaim guard.

touché
10/20/12 1:46 PM
CompanyBlue

Galvao isn't dumb enough to get into a footlock battle with ryron. It would have been cool to see though since galvao didn't try any subs in the match.
10/20/12 2:57 PM
biggator
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"so far one of the greatest events i have ever seen in jiu jitsu" mg

nice vid thanks
10/20/12 3:01 PM
JRockwell
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was funny how he said he was in front of the computer for five hours, and that it takes a lot for him to do that when he could be out biking or skateboarding. He is living the life. :) Phone Post
10/20/12 4:04 PM
frumpy
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jrv - I wonder if attacking Ryrons feet/legs would have worked for Galvao. It's hard to defend your arms and neck and also keep your feet safe at the same time and there are tons of footlocks available from top side mount and also when people reclaim guard.

How are you posting. Aren't you getting your blackbelt right now?
10/20/12 4:16 PM
Truemanc3
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryron has an excellent foot lock game... not a good idea to go there.... Ryron has longer legs too.
10/20/12 6:23 PM
CompanyBlue

HolyAvengerP5 - 
CompanyBlue - Galvao isn't dumb enough to get into a footlock battle with ryron. It would have been cool to see though since galvao didn't try any subs in the match.

??? galvao was trying to get the brabo grip most of the match. from there is would have been brabo or x choke (well, that is my idea of what he was trying to do)

Yea there were countless moves available to both guys throughout the 20 minutes. I just stated the fact that galvao didn't ever try a sub and that even though going for a foot against ryron wasn't ideal it would have made the match more interesting since it ended with him backing up in th final 6 minutes, pulling guard three times and then immediately standing up ASAP each time to kill clock.
10/20/12 6:40 PM
Dag5

Stipe - I think jrv is wondering about something.
Haha getting his message out thefe Phone Post
10/20/12 7:20 PM
matthias
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CompanyBlue -
HolyAvengerP5 - 
CompanyBlue - Galvao isn't dumb enough to get into a footlock battle with ryron. It would have been cool to see though since galvao didn't try any subs in the match.

??? galvao was trying to get the brabo grip most of the match. from there is would have been brabo or x choke (well, that is my idea of what he was trying to do)

Yea there were countless moves available to both guys throughout the 20 minutes. I just stated the fact that galvao didn't ever try a sub and that even though going for a foot against ryron wasn't ideal it would have made the match more interesting since it ended with him backing up in th final 6 minutes, pulling guard three times and then immediately standing up ASAP each time to kill clock.
Or if Ryron had gone for anything serious/ tried to realistically win (sub), then that would've been much more exciting too Phone Post
10/20/12 8:22 PM
jrv

Haha, sorry about the multiple posts but I was really really wondering what you guys thought :)
10/20/12 8:23 PM
jrv

frumpy - 

How are you posting. Aren't you getting your blackbelt right now?

Haha, I wanted to make sure I publicly wondered about that multiple times on this thread as my last act as a Brown belt.
10/20/12 8:26 PM
jrv

Good point, I've heard Ryron and Rener both have good foot lock skills.
10/20/12 8:48 PM
Tango_MF
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Truemanc3 - 

Ryron has an excellent foot lock game... not a good idea to go there.... Ryron has longer legs too.

Didn't Galvao win the ADCC absolute with a footlock on Popovitch. After defending Toquinho's footlocks for twenty minutes at weight?

I think Galvao would have managed okay in a footlock battle.
10/20/12 9:31 PM
joelovesfishin
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tango_MF - 
Truemanc3 - 

Didn't Galvao win the ADCC absolute with a footlock on Popovitch. After defending Toquinho's footlocks for twenty minutes at weight?

I think Galvao would have managed okay in a footlock battle.

Agree. If he can defend Toquinho's footlocks, Ryrons would have been a breeze.

--------------------------------------------------------
My MGinAction Review: http://tinyurl.com/d78pavw

MGinAction Promo Code: joelovesfishin <------ TWO WEEKS FREE

HOW TO FILLET A FISH: http://www.youtube.com/user/joelovesfishin?feature=mhsn

Want to be a Special Agent: http://www.fedleo.com
10/20/12 10:06 PM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HolyAvengerP5 - 
CompanyBlue - 
HolyAvengerP5 - 

what i am saying is that andre was trying to set up a sub by getting the brabo grip. he wasn't getting that grip to wipe his ass with.

have you ever rolled against someone who was doing nothing but defending?

only when im attacking,when im not, he dosent need to defend.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.