UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Marcelo Garcia Breaks Down Metamoris

10/20/12 10:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Trichoke7
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The link takes me to a membership login.

10/25/12 1:41 AM
ninjaboy562
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even though I don't like the marketing strategy that Rener and Ryron use sometimes you can't deny their skill on the mat. Their teaching and understanding of Jiu-jitsu is second to none in my opinion.

having said that I really don't understand the total disrespect for Andre's skill when it came to this match? I have read post that make me say wow, everything from Ryron was allowing to him pass, Andre doesnt want any part of Ryron in a footlock battle, Andre wouldnt be able to last in a Vale Tudo match, etc...

As I have stated I respect Ryron's s skill and expected him to be a very game opponent. But sometimes I read post and I'm just like WTF? Andre has competed against the best grapplers in the world and has prof MMA fights.

I understand people can be passionate about their instructor or who they look up to but discrediting Andre IMO shows nothing but disrespect for one of the best grapplers in the world...
10/25/12 5:21 AM
demandango
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryron was allowing him to pass, and quite obviously. But yes, galvao is among the greatest. Phone Post
10/25/12 9:30 AM
bjh13
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demandango -  Ryron was allowing him to pass, and quite obviously. But yes, galvao is among the greatest. Phone Post

It is important to note that Ryron allowed Andre to pass because he couldn't stop Andre from doing it. He allowed him to pass rather than waste energy defending it until Andre was more worn out.
10/25/12 9:57 AM
Paulo749
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CompanyBlue - Galvao isn't dumb enough to get into a footlock battle with ryron. It would have been cool to see though since galvao didn't try any subs in the match.
Where do you people get this ideas?
Show me videos of him finishing matches with foot looks, just like Loyd Irwin self tithe leg lock master, but there's no proof of it.
I remember Gurgel asking who he beat using all this skills. Phone Post
10/25/12 9:59 AM
Paulo749
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demandango - Ryron was allowing him to pass, and quite obviously. But yes, galvao is among the greatest. Phone Post
Dude people don't let Galvao pass, they are not able to stop it. You really think Gracie would "let him pass"? Phone Post
10/25/12 12:19 PM
bjh13
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paulo749 - 
demandango - Ryron was allowing him to pass, and quite obviously. But yes, galvao is among the greatest. Phone Post
Dude people don't let Galvao pass, they are not able to stop it. You really think Gracie would "let him pass"? Phone Post

Did you see the match? Your comment leads me to believe otherwise.
10/25/12 12:25 PM
Ol' Dirty
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stipe - I think jrv is wondering about something.
Legit lol. Phone Post
10/25/12 3:21 PM
demandango
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjh13 -
demandango -  Ryron was allowing him to pass, and quite obviously. But yes, galvao is among the greatest. Phone Post

It is important to note that Ryron allowed Andre to pass because he couldn't stop Andre from doing it. He allowed him to pass rather than waste energy defending it until Andre was more worn out.
Maybe, maybe not. Ryron was able to easily keep him from passing later in the match. Phone Post
10/25/12 3:23 PM
demandango

Paulo749 -
You either didn't see the match or are completely oblivious to what ryron was trying to do. He very obviously was trying to rope a dope to have a better chance later in the fight. Phone Post
10/25/12 4:19 PM
bjh13

demandango - 
bjh13 -

Maybe, maybe not. Ryron was able to easily keep him from passing later in the match. Phone Post

No, he flat out told us in class that after the first attempt he let Andre pass because he couldnt' stop it. Later on the in match Andre got tired and Ryron was able to do more against him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.