UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Wheelbarrow Farmers walk Q

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/20/12 5:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BazUK
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What % of the load do you carry?

eg. Ifg I loaded up with 300lb in a barrow, and walked with good form, how much would I weight would I be taking?

I'm 5'8 btw.

Baz
10/20/12 6:23 PM
Leigh
1148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends on leverages of the wheel barrow. Best bet is to just step on some scales Phone Post
10/20/12 6:23 PM
Eel
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A wheel barrow is a class 2 lever. The WORK that you perform is dependent upon a number of factors. Two factors to consider: 1) Where is the placement of the load in relation to the center of the wheel. 2) How long are the wheel barrow handles? I am ignoring friction from the ground. Without that additional information it would be hard to calculate the amount of work you're performing. Phone Post
10/22/12 9:36 AM
vermonter
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since this was answered, i'll just say i love these. I was doing this with about 350 for laps around the garage in the winter. I tried to keep the weight as close to the back end as possible.
10/23/12 3:03 PM
Mrbrownfolks
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can sub in a hex bar for farmers walk.
10/25/12 2:56 AM
M_Bales
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mrbrownfolks - You can sub in a hex bar for farmers walk.

Not the same, nor is a wheelbarrow. The farmers walk is two independant weights. Stabilized by each arm and side of the body. Anything connecting the weight makes it a ridiculous amount easier.
10/26/12 10:17 AM
vermonter
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

M_Bales - 
Mrbrownfolks - You can sub in a hex bar for farmers walk.

Not the same, nor is a wheelbarrow. The farmers walk is two independant weights. Stabilized by each arm and side of the body. Anything connecting the weight makes it a ridiculous amount easier.

I prefer wheelbarrow work to farmers walk. It's more fun (so i work at it harder) and it has directional forces due to friction that the farmer's walk doesnt have much of. Not that that's better, per se, but i personally like it more.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.