UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Just took up fishing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/16/13 12:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jdsga
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm fishing in the gulf of Mexico usually in a bay. The boats we take out aren't suited for deep water fishing. Redfish on 12-20 lb test are pretty exciting. The ones we usually catch are in the15-20 lb range. Shark fishing we step up our gear. Typically a bait caster with 50lb test.
7/16/13 3:22 AM
XIITT_JBASS
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I think I have seen some footage from those areas before, a lot of big fish inshore. Maybe use braid on the Redfish and use mono on sharks. Phone Post
7/17/13 1:30 AM
jdsga
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah lots of big redfish in the area I fish. You can catch big ones just on a pier. There are big tarpon out there too and that's what I want to target next.
7/17/13 7:35 AM
XIITT_JBASS
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they're anything like our tarpon, use a long length of heavy fluorocarbon. They tend to make a mess of things. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.