UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> McCall: I didn't take Johnson fight seriously

10/21/12 10:36 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I'm still kind of pissed off at the fact that I lost (to Demetrious Johnson), obviously, but I think I'm only two or three wins away from getting a title shot.

"Speed is a big thing. With me, the second time I came in too heavy, I mean I cut 18.8 pounds in the last like 20 hours. We weighed in at three or four o'clock and by 10:00 I was 150.5. So it was my own fault, I didn't diet right. I think I just didn't take it seriously enough, which for some reason I don't know why, I finally get to the UFC and I don't take it serious, I don't know. I would just go back to like I fought him the first time and not... I was thinking too much and I don't know, I didn't fight like I should have.

"I don't know, I lost my focus somewhere there. I don't know why."

transcription by MMAMania.com...

10/21/12 10:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_El Pescadero
3237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 10:16 AM

ONE thing he takes very seriously is " Give Cancer the Creeps"  Charity shirts, there up for sale ....all proceeds going to Frank and his Fight with cancer!

Buy Now!

clickable link

http://franksfight.webs.com/apps/webstore

War Uncle!!

2013 "The Year of the Creep" Phone Post

10/21/12 10:40 AM
mixedmartialmike
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not to be a troll but didn't he say something similar after the first fight? Phone Post
10/21/12 10:45 AM
junon
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yadda yadda yadda.
10/21/12 10:48 AM
nomoRomophobia
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next time be serious. Phone Post
10/21/12 10:49 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/21/12 10:51 AM
The UG stole his mojovation.
10/21/12 10:50 AM
LoganClark
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/21/12 10:51 AM
oopsy...dubsky
10/21/12 10:56 AM
ortman166

mixedmartialmike - Not to be a troll but didn't he say something similar after the first fight? Phone Post
He should have won the first fight, IMO creepy is 1-1 with the champ Phone Post
10/21/12 11:14 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully both fighters have their diets dialed in for the eventual trilogy so we can see the best possible fight. Pretty interesting how that was the deciding factor for both fights. Phone Post
10/21/12 11:19 AM
cheesesteak
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/21/12 11:20 AM
muppetsbungalowedbeyatch
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont get that.

When you are fighting for a shot at the first ever ufc flyweight title you don't take it seriously?

What fight could be more serious? Phone Post
10/21/12 11:41 AM
damane08
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

muppetsbungalowedbeyatch -  I dont get that.

When you are fighting for a shot at the first ever ufc flyweight title you don't take it seriously?

What fight could be more serious? Phone Post

Especially after you were screwed over in the first fight... that doesn't make any sense.
10/21/12 11:48 AM
Phisher

Edited: 10/21/12 5:06 PM
ortman166 - 
mixedmartialmike - Not to be a troll but didn't he say something similar after the first fight? Phone Post
He should have won the first fight, IMO creepy is 1-1 with the champ Phone Post

Johnson blamed his performance in the first fight on a tough weight cut because he wasn't used to making the weight, so they're also tied up when it comes to making excuses. 

10/21/12 12:16 PM
TheRealJoker
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure if serious... Phone Post
10/21/12 12:33 PM
Neil Funk

I mean damn, with all the UGers running around with UGCTT in their names, you'd think that would make someone focused and prepared to take care of business, knowing that there are all those people rooting for you specifically.

I hope he can get back on track but it seems to be one thing or another with this guy. Maybe move to 135 so you don't have to lose almost 20 lbs. in one day?

10/21/12 12:37 PM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously though, at this point in his career, at this level, in these times... no opponent should be taken lightly.

10/21/12 12:57 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
1133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didnt underground news do this same thread ??????????????????????

10/21/12 1:34 PM
Neil Funk

Mister Floyd - 

God damn it why can't some fighters just take a loss like a man. Just say "he fought better than me that night," instead of a million excuses. It's annoying.

Another thing, in the first fight he had an opportunity to stop Johnson when he was mounted on his back punching him, but instead he chose to show off and showboat for approval, he would punch Johnson than look in the crowd like "Do you like me?" , punch punch "do I have your approval?" punch punch  "Am I popular? "  what in the fuck was that?

It was a perfect opportunity to do what matt hughes did to Gracie but he wanted that approval. WTF

In his defense, it looked like DJ was hurt enough perhaps for the ref to intervene. If Ian won at that moment, what he did would go down in UFC history as a legendary moment for that division, on highlight videos for years
10/21/12 1:53 PM
BaraoKix

Mister Floyd - 
Neil Funk - 
Mister Floyd - 

God damn it why can't some fighters just take a loss like a man. Just say "he fought better than me that night," instead of a million excuses. It's annoying.

Another thing, in the first fight he had an opportunity to stop Johnson when he was mounted on his back punching him, but instead he chose to show off and showboat for approval, he would punch Johnson than look in the crowd like "Do you like me?" , punch punch "do I have your approval?" punch punch  "Am I popular? "  what in the fuck was that?

It was a perfect opportunity to do what matt hughes did to Gracie but he wanted that approval. WTF

In his defense, it looked like DJ was hurt enough perhaps for the ref to intervene. If Ian won at that moment, what he did would go down in UFC history as a legendary moment for that division, on highlight videos for years

Yeah the what ifs. But we'll never know because right at that precise moment when he could have stopped him he had to fuck around and seek that fan approval.

He had ample opportunity to finish him, without the taunting...
10/21/12 2:05 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the look that Karyn was giving UC I think he could get away with the Rampage hump on her.

10/21/12 2:11 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More fool him then
10/21/12 2:26 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

after that first fight he was pissed, he lost his focus, hard to put emotions into words fellas, its not like hes saying he didnt try his best, hes saying he didnt take it seriously, which he didnt he lost his focus and fucked up his diet and all sorts of shit went wrong.

hes human he got distracted and made mistakes, wont happen again.
10/21/12 4:55 PM
UGCTT_UncleCreepy
1368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.UncleCreepyMMA.com, UGCTT President
hahha it is what it is, its hard to put emotions into words, i feel like i had it won b4 i even fought em again so REALITY check is on me, all i can do now is smash a few people and get my redemption.

this time i wont be taking anyone lightly.
10/21/12 5:04 PM
SHOGUN250
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and get that weight down earlier!!

WAR Creepy
10/21/12 5:05 PM
RandyDarsh
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We were all saying he bulked up too much for the fight when he said he weighed 150 before the fight, and he said NOPE. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.