UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: I hope Condit targets my repaired knee

10/21/12 8:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"It's been a year and a half. ... I'm back stronger and better than ever. The hardest part to being out for so long is to be inactive, to be unable to do what you like to do for a living. This will be the biggest challenge of my whole career. I have to fight the toughest opponent I ever fought. I have to come back from a long layoff, a big inactive period of time.

"The most interesting thing Carlos has is his capacity for adaptation. He can adapt to any opponent he fights. That's why he's so good. He's very skilled but he's also very smarter.

"I'm not afraid of Carlos Condit. I hope Condit focuses on targeting my knee. It's not a weak link anymore. There is nothing that I can't do now that I was able to do before.

"I will leave with the belt. There is no doubt in my mind."

transcription by MMAMania.com...

10/21/12 8:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SupesUp
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He sounds like he's having fun. I am a fan, looking forward to him being back and looking forward to this fight.
Come at me haters. Phone Post
10/21/12 8:22 PM
discodrew
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dong Johnson -

LOL @ THAT BLUFF

Carlos needs to call that bluff and TARGET THE KNEE.

100% agree.

complete bluff Phone Post
10/21/12 8:32 PM
Delorian
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos won't be targeting that knee, he'll be targeting Georges' chin.  

10/21/12 8:33 PM
KC007
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe GSP is banking on Carlos kicking that knee so he can catch the kicks and get the take downs. Phone Post
10/21/12 8:34 PM
discodrew
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos will land a couple leg kicks then go for a head kick. Phone Post
10/21/12 8:37 PM
Smith1234
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos will be getting his guard passed and worked over on the ground. Thank God GSP is back, and has had time to think about his style and hopefully get back to his roots as Rush. Phone Post
10/21/12 8:48 PM
hmb

Jon Jones targets knees, Greg Jackson loves that shit. GSP's knee is not leaving the octagon intact.
10/21/12 9:11 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ring Rust will be GSP's biggest opponent in this fight. Carlos is extremely tough and a World Class fighter, but is beatable.
10/21/12 9:29 PM
Eunuchorn
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THAT'S CRAZY TALK GEORGES!
10/21/12 9:30 PM
32Hunter
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YAY GSP!!!!!

can't wait too see him kick some ass.
10/21/12 10:00 PM
THP

Carlos is gonna wife GSP. I guarantee it.
10/21/12 10:05 PM
THP

circa305 - I guarantee the game plan from Greg Jackson will be to target the knee.

Greg would never betray a bestie
10/21/12 10:13 PM
BaraoKix

Condit took minimal damage from Diaz, yet sat out (almost) the same amount of time, even though Nick was suspended a year...
10/21/12 10:20 PM
orcus

"I hope for Conduit's sake he's been training take down defense for a very long time"

Waste of time, no one but Askren and to a lesser extent Koscheck can stop GSP's takedowns. Far better idea to train sweeps and subs from guard imo.

10/21/12 10:26 PM
Fernando Alonso

Sweep the knee Phone Post
10/21/12 10:29 PM
Gfropr

orcus -

"I hope for Conduit's sake he's been training take down defense for a very long time"

Waste of time, no one but Askren and to a lesser extent Koscheck can stop GSP's takedowns. Far better idea to train sweeps and subs from guard imo.

Yep you can't stop something that nice and the way he goes for them with perfect timing, man GSP is something else. Can't wait to see one of the best in the world again. Phone Post
10/21/12 11:02 PM
twodragunns

I hope we all see GSP tool Condit, then GSP can take Nick to school in the cage ..... been hoping for this fight for far too long and the Diaz fight is the one the fans want to see.

10/21/12 11:13 PM
Trombles
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SupesUp -  He sounds like he's having fun. I am a fan, looking forward to him being back and looking forward to this fight.
Come at me haters. Phone Post

VTFU

WAR GSP!!!
10/21/12 11:24 PM
SupesUp
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dus 10 - Nah. Im being serious...."earning" a title fight or whatever is played out and overrated. Until mma has an official ranking system, which will never happen, earning a shot is a silly proposition. I dont mind favortism being shown to fan favorites. Exceptional people will always be the exception.
Huh? I can't tell if you're saying carlos doesn't deserve his shot or not due to lack of ranking system. That seems wild and inaccurate. Phone Post
10/21/12 11:50 PM
hendofanforlife
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Be careful what you wish for...
10/22/12 12:00 AM
KingGo

hmb - Jon Jones targets knees, Greg Jackson loves that shit. GSP's knee is not leaving the octagon intact.
Greg jackson loves gsp more than he loves knee kicks Phone Post
10/22/12 12:31 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it just me or does GSP look like Verne Troyer in that pic? Phone Post
10/22/12 12:37 AM
inf0
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 12:37 AM
discodrew -  Carlos will land a couple leg kicks then go for a jog. Phone Post

fixed.

10/22/12 2:48 AM
shorebreaker420
1026 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dong Johnson -

LOL @ THAT BLUFF

Carlos needs to call that bluff and TARGET THE KNEE.

Yea come kick my knee Carlos so I can grab your leg and throw you on your ass, Gsp out smarted the fuck out of kos on Tuf, and this is jus another line Good ol Georgie is throwing out.. He's bluffing his bluff y'all idiots.. Gsp is the goat get over it Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.