UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> How useful is Bench Press?

10/21/12 11:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Carnage425
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what does bench press help with in mma?
10/21/12 11:34 PM
fearOfABlackPlanet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only way to get functionally strong is by doing bodyweight exercises while balancing on a ball attached to several resistance bands and cables.

It has been proven that you will lose all of your athletic ability and your ability to win a fight if you can bench press a lot of weight.
10/22/12 9:49 AM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It helps make the muscles of your chest-shoulder-triceps, stronger.

TAKU

10/22/12 2:15 PM
fearOfABlackPlanet

Taku - 

TAKU

my real answer as well
10/22/12 11:13 PM
UnbreakableT
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku is right and I think the rep range should be high and the intensity hi n rest periods short n the grip not too wide cuz the shoulder width grip is more for power, and leave the ego at home cuz I bench about 150 lbs less than I could before but i could whip my old selfs ass. That's wat I think Phone Post
10/22/12 11:38 PM
Carnage425
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku - 

TAKU

i obviously know that but i feel like its not as important as your back and legs because thats what you use a lot more while fighting and i would still do dips for triceps
10/22/12 11:42 PM
HERTSWENIP
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it has a lot of carryover for strength to create space during various escapes and scrambles, stuffing the head off a takedown to recover to your feet, etc.
10/23/12 12:18 AM
Carnage425

Edited: 10/23/12 12:40 AM
10/23/12 12:41 AM
Carnage425

HERTSWENIP - I think it has a lot of carryover for strength to create space during various escapes and scrambles, stuffing the head off a takedown to recover to your feet, etc.

ok thanks thats what i was looking for
10/23/12 2:12 PM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't look for some "Sport Specific" carryover, just get stronger and practice the skills of your sport. No weightroom exercise has any direct carryover to any other athletic activity.

Certain exercise movements target certain muscles or muscle groups. All muscles and muscle groups are important. Get all of them strong, and practice - practice - practice.

TAKU

10/23/12 3:10 PM
fearOfABlackPlanet

Taku - 

Don't look for some "Sport Specific" carryover, just get stronger and practice the skills of your sport. No weightroom exercise has any direct carryover to any other athletic activity.

Certain exercise movements target certain muscles or muscle groups. All muscles and muscle groups are important. Get all of them strong, and practice - practice - practice.

TAKU

this too
10/23/12 3:31 PM
disbeliever
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Taku - 

TAKU

Voted up for an awesome answer
10/23/12 3:35 PM
Leigh
917 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku nails it again Phone Post
10/23/12 5:41 PM
imkeithhernandez
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How does Taku only have 10 vtfu? Phone Post
10/23/12 6:03 PM
Carnage425

thanks
10/24/12 12:35 AM
Chocolate Shatner
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imkeithhernandez -  How does Taku only have 10 vtfu? Phone Post

Taku doesn't attention whore and post pics of tits. His or anyone else's.
10/24/12 9:57 AM
paw
1540 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku - 

TAKU

quoted for truth

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.