UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> VEGETARIAN DIET AND THE GORILLA AND GORILLA TURDS?

12/11/12 8:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zero1
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same with me. I got my calories easy.

I was jsut doing strength training and after that had my first meal of the day:

half Pinapple
1 Banana
1 appel
30-40 Gramm Rice/Pea/Hemp Protein
some raw cacao
some walnuts
some almonds
spoon of peanut butter
some oatmeal
mixed with water

This has a lot of calories and I am full but in a good way.

Normally I will have the same amount in the afternoon and in the evening I will have a full meal.

For example couscous salad with avocado, tempee, sunflower seeds, vegetables.

When I was doing a fat loss diet. I was restricting myself to 2500 calories. And I can tell you that was much much less food than I eat now. I belive I eat around 3500-4500 calories a day.

12/11/12 10:40 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

big_slacker - I think when people think vegan they think you're throwing down massive portions of veggies at every meal. Yeah, brocoli has big volume and low calories, you could get full but not get enough cals.

I blend a lot of fruits/veggies. Each shake has around 750-800 cals and that's 3 servings I drink throughout the day.

Meals generally are made up of 1/3rd of a plate of beans/lentils, 1/3rd grains (brown rice, quinoa), and 1/3rd veggies.

I eat a good amount of avocado, nuts and some peanut butter.

I can track my meals tomorrow and let you know my total, but I'm sure it's right around the same as when I ate meat.

according to the paleo community all vegans sit around and eat grains. I mean if Wolff and Asprey said it on the JRE it must be true. lmao

I haven't tracked calories in a long time but I bet, like big_slacker said it's up there.

I usually don't have breakfast until 1-2 pm. Today it will probably be 2-3 eggs, a tempeh/quinoa "burger", some lentils (all protein basically), and a big bowl of leafy greens, tomato and whatever else I have in the fridge, handful of almonds, coconut oil, avocado.

I'll probably have another light meal later in the evening of some oat bran, coconut flakes, peanut butter, walnuts, berries, apple and some pineapple or banana all tossed together like a cold porridge.

If I am to explain the structure of the meal like you had, I'd say it's more like a big bed of greens/veggies then protein resting on top of it lke a sleeping man and the starches/carbs are like a pillow, small.

edit: just realized I got voted down in another thread for explaining history to someone (just thought it humorous to mention lol)

12/11/12 10:43 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zero1 - Same with me. I got my calories easy.

I was jsut doing strength training and after that had my first meal of the day:

half Pinapple
1 Banana
1 appel
30-40 Gramm Rice/Pea/Hemp Protein
some raw cacao
some walnuts
some almonds
spoon of peanut butter
some oatmeal
mixed with water

This has a lot of calories and I am full but in a good way.

Normally I will have the same amount in the afternoon and in the evening I will have a full meal.

For example couscous salad with avocado, tempee, sunflower seeds, vegetables.

When I was doing a fat loss diet. I was restricting myself to 2500 calories. And I can tell you that was much much less food than I eat now. I belive I eat around 3500-4500 calories a day.

haha DAMN son that's one big post work out meal. 

I think people are hung up on the whole "if it's not a big bowl of mashed potatoes it's not going to fill you up". When in reality, like you said, you feel full way easier and in a good way. cheers for some examples, voted up

12/11/12 8:05 PM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/11/12 8:05 PM
Ok, here we go. I know what I'm eating for dinner and this is a pretty typical day all things considered.

Shake-842 cals, 131g carbs, 40g protein, 28g fat

3 cups kale, 1 carrot, 1 banana, 1 avocado, 1 orange, 1/4 beet, 2 tbps chia seeds, 1/2 cup frozen mangos, 1 scoop vega sport protein, 6oz orange juice. (makes 3 servings, I alternate solid meals and the shake)

Breakfast: 3/4 cup Perky's crunchy flax cereal and 1 cup coconut milk-280 cals, 49g carbs, 8g protein, 8g fat

Snack: Clif Builder's bar-Cals 270, 31g carbs, 20g protein, 8g fat

Lunch: Burritos-811 cals, 121g carbs, 39g protein, 23g fat

PWO power! Don Panchos ancient grains wraps, can of black beans, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 bell pepper chopped and a little bit of verde.

Dinner: Really light-260 cals, 52g carbs, 13g protein, 0g fat

1 cup baked potato chunks, 1/2 cup trader joe's pre-cooked lentils (awesome convenience food), 1 cup spinach

Total according to my tracking program is 2619 calories, 384g carbs, 120g protein and 67g fat.

That breaks down to:

58% carbs
19% protein
23% fat

I'm 5'11" 165 lbs, 38 years old and do 8-10 hours a week cardio and 3 weight training sessions. I'd guess 12-15% bf.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.