UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 153 Does Best PPV Numbers for Brazil Card

10/22/12 11:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/22/3537398/silva-vs-bonnar-does-best-ppv-numbers-for-a-brazil-based-show

350-410K are the estimates. 

10/22/12 11:15 AM
bonersaurus
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's pretty good. Entertaining card and it was worth it. Phone Post
10/22/12 11:25 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 10/22/12 11:29 AM

it's amazing how the UFC still sells ppv's with essentially no countdowns.  when they were on spike they would get around 500k eyeballs watching a countdown (their sales pitch)... now less than 40k watch it on fuel.

with tuf moving to a better night, If the UFC can get their content moved from fuel to fs1 (currently called speed and in 80 million homes), and move all their main card fight nights to FX saturday nights (which leads into a countdown or a primetime) they would go back on their growth curve.

10/22/12 11:30 AM
Hikikomori

The ufc will never see 1 million buys again,

#moneyteam Phone Post
10/22/12 11:33 AM
MITman2k
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 11:35 AM

Ok given the circumstances. I'd guess that Anderson helped improve the numbers from what they might otherwise  have been

10/22/12 11:37 AM
Card
1907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good news, it was a great PPV... 

10/22/12 12:21 PM
Chris27

Hikikomori -  The ufc will never see 1 million buys again,

#moneyteam Phone Post

GSP/Silva wouldnt do a million buys?

Jones/SIlva wouldnt do a million buys?

GSP/DIaz could as well.
10/22/12 12:25 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No
Yes
No Phone Post
10/22/12 12:57 PM
orcus

MexiCain AmeriCain -  No
Yes
No Phone Post

lol @ GSP/Silva not doing a million buys, GSP does like 800k against Dan Hardy or Jake Shields for god's sake.

10/22/12 1:11 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -
MexiCain AmeriCain -  No
Yes
No Phone Post

lol @ GSP/Silva not doing a million buys, GSP does like 800k against Dan Hardy or Jake Shields for god's sake.

Yeah his Condit one may be lackluster for GSP since it's his first fight in forever but after that I expect they would pick up again.

I'm surprised 153 didn't do a little better though. Maybe the ppv numbers are always down this time of year with it being college football season and that is why they normally don't put on their really big cards in the fall. Phone Post
10/22/12 1:38 PM
Chris27

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
orcus -
MexiCain AmeriCain -  No
Yes
No Phone Post

Yeah his Condit one may be lackluster for GSP since it's his first fight in forever but after that I expect they would pick up again.

I'm surprised 153 didn't do a little better though. Maybe the ppv numbers are always down this time of year with it being college football season and that is why they normally don't put on their really big cards in the fall. Phone Post

GSP/Condit I think will do atleast 600k to 700k buys.

A fight with Silva would do well over a mill, if this Condit fight does 700k or more its not a stretch to think if Diaz came back, won a fight and GSP/Diaz was set up latter this year that it couldnt do a million buys.

10/22/12 3:00 PM
MMALOGIC

GSP doing anything less than 700k is a dissapointment.  He can do that against a manikan.  GSp vs Silva has to do 1.3million ore more buys otherwise the fight isnt worth it.  GSP is better off fighting Diaz which would pull 900k plus buys.

10/22/12 3:09 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

GSP doing anything less than 700k is a dissapointment.  He can do that against a manikan.  GSp vs Silva has to do 1.3million ore more buys otherwise the fight isnt worth it.  GSP is better off fighting Diaz which would pull 900k plus buys.

Lol at manikan

Mannequin, bro Phone Post
10/22/12 6:32 PM
SinCityHustler

orcus - 
MexiCain AmeriCain -  No
Yes
No Phone Post

* Used to do

GSP hasnt sold a pay per view in years.

I'm very interested to see what kind of numbers he does against Condit.  Many believe this will be a stallfest and once again leave fans frustrated with the French Canadian.  He has been experiencing more and more boos with each time out.  I personally wont spend a cent on GSP or Condit, until they prove otherwise.  UFC really is challenged on being able to produce a million buy PPV event. 

10/23/12 5:55 PM
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The PPV buys are really beside the point. Go look at how many households in Brazil watched that fight live... it is mind blowing. It may have been for free, but it is still an awesome benchmark for the UFC and solidifies its growth in the region.
10/23/12 6:04 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
orcus -
MexiCain AmeriCain -  No
Yes
No Phone Post

GSP/Condit I think will do atleast 600k to 700k buys.

A fight with Silva would do well over a mill, if this Condit fight does 700k or more its not a stretch to think if Diaz came back, won a fight and GSP/Diaz was set up latter this year that it couldnt do a million buys.

600k is pretty low for gsp, but he has been gone a long time so it's understandable. I think he actually shouldn't have too much pressure on himself aside from just the belt.

He hasn't fought for a long time so he will probably be happy to just be out there. If he wins he's back and has potential for a ton of money against Silva. If he loses he gets a very winnable big money fight against Diaz to get him back on track. Phone Post
10/23/12 7:15 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 10/23/12 7:20 PM

UFC 134 which had anderson/okami,  big nog/Shuab, Shogun/Forrest didnt even do as well.  The numbers are good but you have to wonder how the p4p best cant pull 700k buys on his own whereas pacman and mayweather do over a million... heck, 2 mexicans who just came on the seen in boxing just pulled over 400k buys.  The fact that zuffa cant make Anderson a ppv draw on his own is a failure.

10/23/12 7:34 PM
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/23/12 7:42 PM
At this point I think even Jones is a better ppv draw overall than Anderson. If there's no rival to hype the fight he can't seem to draw the interest outside of Brazil you would expect from someone with his accomplishments.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.