UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Green Arrow vs Hawkeye

10/22/12 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stickgrappler
1405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the recent Arrow TV series, I asked on the thread who was better Hawkeye or Green Arrow. I thought ages ago before the birth of the GG, that MuayThaiDaddy consulted both the Who's Who in the DC Universe and the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe and pronounced Green Arrow the better of the two.

However on the thread, of the members who replied, they all said Hawkeye.

Anyway, here's some info:

From http://www.dccomics.com/characters/green-arrow-in-comics:

"Green Arrow has no superpowers, but is the world’s greatest archer and an elite marksman."

From http://marvel.com/universe/Hawkeye_(Clint_Barton):

"Ronin (typo, should be Barton or Hawkeye) is a world-class archer and marksman. His above average reflexes and hand-eye-coordination make him the most proficient archer ever known. He is also trained to throw knifes, darts, balls, bolas and boomerangs. He is natural athlete. He is also formidable unarmed combatant, thanks largely for longtime combat training with Captain America. He also has extensive training as an acrobat and aerialist. He is highly capable and charismatic team leader and a shrewd combat strategist, albeit sometimes reckless. Barton is also talented weapon designer, particularly well-versed in variations on basic traditional weaponry such as arrows, blades and hand-thrown projectiles. He has designed and crafted crescent darts, boomerangs, throwing irons, bolas, axes, custom arrows and bows. he is experienced motorcycle rider, Barton was one of the of the most proficient and daring pilots of the Avengers' supersonic Quinjets and other aircraft. He was once 80% deaf due to an injury, but his hearing was restored during his rebirth on Franklin Richards' Counter-Earth."

INTELLIGENCE 5
STRENGTH 3
SPEED 3
DUARABILITY 2
ENERGY PROJECTION 2
FIGHTING SKILLS 7
10/22/12 12:55 PM
spidermanik
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ultimate hawkeye rapes them both
10/22/12 12:56 PM
Stickgrappler
1405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Need a GA fanboy... preferably all runs of GA (silver age, Mike Grell, Kevin Smith, and post Smith)

Was he trained a long time by Batman or Lady Shiva? If so, his fighting skills will rival Hawkeye's.

Hate the DC site as it's not more robust in its profiles.
10/22/12 1:02 PM
paw
1351 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Archery:

Hawkeye > GA

In a Fight:

Hawkeye > GA

In pulling tail:

Hawkey > GA

10/22/12 1:05 PM
Stickgrappler

Need a GA fanboy... preferably all runs of GA (silver age, Mike Grell, Kevin Smith, and post Smith)

Was he trained a long time by Batman or Lady Shiva? If so, his fighting skills will rival Hawkeye's.

Hate the DC site as it's not more robust in its profiles.
10/22/12 1:07 PM
Stickgrappler

lol @ paw... ok ok, you posted the same on the Arrow thread

oh wait, reading carefully, clint was Ronin?
10/22/12 1:09 PM
Stickgrappler

sorry, not carefully, but rereading... he was given ronin's costume

man i'm so behind

*leaves these types of threads to the rest of the GG*
10/22/12 1:12 PM
paw
1351 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stickgrappler - lol @ paw... ok ok, you posted the same on the Arrow thread

oh wait, reading carefully, clint was Ronin?

Clint was Ronin after Maria Lopez (aka Echo) was Ronin.

The big take home point is that Clint is a well-rounded combatant.  He's pretty darn good with other weapons and a darn good hand to hand fighter, not just a bow guy.  I don't think that's true of Ollie, unless DC has retconned that in the new 52.

10/22/12 1:18 PM
Stickgrappler

Not like the show Arrow is canon, but Ollie threw a kitchen knife which is not well-weighted with pinpoint accuracy as noted by Diggle, his bodyguard.

So far, only saw Ollie with bow/arrow and knives.

thx paw... i think i voted u up, but not sure if it's my firewalls or this site, as it didn't seem to take.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.