UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Superman #13 - SPOILERS

10/22/12 12:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 12:56 PM

Seriously.....SPOILERS for this week's issue

From http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/10/superman-13-marks-big-shake-up-for-clark-kent/#more-132048

Highlight to read:

New Superman writer Scott Lobdell is wasting no time putting his mark on the relaunched series: With this week’s Issue 13, he shakes up Clark Kent’s life, as well as one of the foundational elements of the Man of Steel’s mythology. Warning: If you don’t want details of Superman #13 spoiled before Wednesday’s debut, turn back now.

Pressured by his feelings for Lois Lane, and criticisms from boss Perry White and Galaxy Broadcasting head Morgan Edge, in this week’s issue Clark delivers a fiery public sermon on the state of journalism and quits the Daily Planet, with entertainment reporter Cat Grant walking out with him.

“I don’t think he’s going to be filling out an application anywhere,” Lobdell tells USA Today. “He is more likely to start the next Huffington Post or the next Drudge Report than he is to go find someone else to get assignments or draw a paycheck from.”

The writer says the employment shakeup was spurred in part by a desire view the character through a contemporary prism, one in which new-media careers apparently are more topical than traditional newspaper jobs. “When we started discussions,” Lobdell says, “they were like, ‘Yep, let’s see where this goes. Let’s take the sacred super-cows and start looking at Superman with a new set of eyes.’ ”

It’s of course not the first time Clark has parted company with the Daily Planet, which was introduced in 1940′s Action Comics #23 (before that, the newspaper was referred to as the Daily Star). Most notably, he was removed from the newspaper in 1971 following its purchase by Galaxy Broadcasting System, and named by Morgan Edge as anchor of WGBS-TV.

10/22/12 12:57 PM
paw
1564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 1:13 PM

paw comments:  I really don't understand why DC is taking the direction they are with the new 52....and LOL @ USA Today not being hidden.

10/23/12 3:55 AM
MarkRobinson
1427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theyre trying any and everything to shake things up. Get DC comics hip for the masses! 

I am not impressed. 

10/23/12 9:10 AM
disbeliever
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
The problem with doing things for shock value is you can only do them a few times before people arn't shocked anymore.
10/23/12 9:17 AM
paw

The "why" really has me wondering if DC knows who Superman is.  Superman is supposed to be starting a relationship with WW...this pining for someone else is so not Superman.  It's more of a tween boy thing or something....

10/23/12 12:17 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
542 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad I don't follow Superman! Phone Post
10/23/12 1:03 PM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

\spoilers

lol @ having him quit over journalism quality and then having the entertainment reporter following him.
10/23/12 1:15 PM
paw

Edited: 10/23/12 1:16 PM
shibbytastic - \spoilers

lol @ having him quit over journalism quality and then having the entertainment reporter following him.

The cynic in me thinks Lobdell is going to try and add Cat as another romantic interest and create a love...um...triangle + 1? 2?  What are we up to at this point? 

10/23/12 1:30 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
542 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna hire superman to work on my blog Phone Post
10/23/12 2:26 PM
shibbytastic
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They probably are paw, it just cracks me up that the person who leaves the planet with Clark after his rand about how important good journalism is, is the person who writes about who kim kardashian is fucking.
10/23/12 2:48 PM
Lymond
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm at the point where DC is like the mythical Highlander sequels. Supposedly they exist, but I refuse to believe in them, lest they ruin my memories of awesome characters and stories.
10/23/12 4:43 PM
Hemlock
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/23/12 4:43 PM
Why is this shocking exactly?

Does anyone really give a fuck about Superman's alter-ego day job?

Seriously, does anyone really think this is just whacked out mythology breaking just to generate some heat for the book?

Clark Kent quit his fucking job! Oh my God! Whatever will he....oh right.
10/23/12 4:53 PM
paw

Hemlock - Why is this shocking exactly?

Does anyone really give a fuck about Superman's alter-ego day job?

Seriously, does anyone really think this is just whacked out mythology breaking just to generate some heat for the book?

Clark Kent quit his fucking job! Oh my God! Whatever will he....oh right.

I was going to reply...but now that I think about it...wasn't Clark Kent killed in Action Comics, and Superman is using a different alias and works as a firefighter?

YUP....

Action Comics #11 ( http://www.comicvine.com/action-comics-supermans-new-secret-identity-clothes-encounter/37-344033/staff-review/ )

"Last issue Clark Kent was targeted after Nimrod the Hunter discovered who Superman was. This resulted in the death of Clark and now we're seeing a new secret identity for Superman."

ROTFLMFAO!!!! Seems DC doesn't know what's going on with Superman at all.

10/24/12 6:39 AM
Calebcb
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a clusterfuck. At this rate I expect him to grow his mullet back and split in to Superman Purple and Superman Pink by next issue.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.