UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tate blasts Bellator on Twitter

10/22/12 1:13 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In late August, Bellator made a big deal about the return of its women's champion, Zoila Gurgel.

Turns out it may not be that big of a deal after all. That's because "The Warrior Princess" has been relegated to the un-televised portion of the Bellator 78 fight card, which goes down this Friday night (Oct. 26, 2012) from Wright State's Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio.

And that makes former Strikeforce Women's champion Miesha Tate mad:

"I cannot believe [Bellator] would allow [its] champion to be placed on the UN televised undercard in her hometown. A champion is a champion regardless if she is fighting up a weight, u use her image to promote the posters & then put her on the undercard?! Blows my mind. This is the 2nd time too you have done this I tell you what I would rather never fight MMA again then fight for u under @BellatorMMA banner.... The amount of disrespect you have given @ZoilaGurgel is disgusting."

read entire article...

10/22/12 1:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_rkilla
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 1:16 PM

For those out of the loop, Zoila hasn't fought since March 5, 2011. I think she tore her ACL a while back?

10/22/12 1:19 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_rkilla -

For those out of the loop, Zoila hasn't fought since March 5, 2011. I think she tore her ACL a while back?

If she's a champ she should be on the televised portion of the card. Total disrespect to Zoila. Phone Post
10/22/12 1:20 PM
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meisha, beautiful and noble <3
10/22/12 1:20 PM
FreakDaddy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tate is one Angry Hawt lady......Time for her booty peg to be displayed by one of you Blue Namers.......
10/22/12 1:22 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
926 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought we had a Tate Fletcher quote

10/22/12 1:22 PM
FreakDaddy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hong Kong Phooey - 

lol
10/22/12 1:23 PM
Seraldo Babalu
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are the Gurgels still taking donations?
10/22/12 1:23 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

She's 100% right Phone Post
10/22/12 1:26 PM
UGCTT_rkilla
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 1:26 PM
UGCTT_VA757_GJTT - 
UGCTT_rkilla -

If she's a champ she should be on the televised portion of the card. Total disrespect to Zoila. Phone Post

You're absolutely correct. Please note that I never stated that she shouldn't. I was just letting everyone know the last time she fought for Bellator.

Considering that she beat the WMMA equivalent of Fedor (Mega Megu!) to get to the finals for that tournament, you'd think that Bjorn & Co. would hype Zoila up a bunch more.

10/22/12 1:30 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Gaspare - She's 100% right Phone Post
Yep. Meisha's right about this one. Phone Post
10/22/12 1:31 PM
Chris27

She is right but anyone who followed this story knows why.

She has talked shit about the org, the whole them not helping her pay for her surgery or something, said outed them, they said they would, they never did.

She was on the mma hour talking shit about the org so this is them saying fuck you.

They dont have that div anymore, no plans on another 115 tournament, the div and the belt mean nothing to Bjorn/Bellator.

10/22/12 1:32 PM
iamarealamerican

i wanna see pretty women, not beasts, fk that noise
10/22/12 1:33 PM
krang

Seraldo Babalu - Are the Gurgels still taking donations?
Yes it's paid for but donations will still be accepted. Phone Post
10/22/12 1:35 PM
FreakDaddy

This thread is starting to jump the shark, as it has no pictures.....
10/22/12 1:37 PM
Fernando Alonso

Chris27 - She is right but anyone who followed this story knows why.

She has talked shit about the org, the whole them not helping her pay for her surgery or something, said outed them, they said they would, they never did.

She was on the mma hour talking shit about the org so this is them saying fuck you.

They dont have that div anymore, no plans on another 115 tournament, the div and the belt mean nothing to Bjorn/Bellator.

I believe this is the main reason why Bellator is doing this. Phone Post
10/22/12 1:39 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She should re think he comment ... After zuffa folds strikeforce, bfc might be the only option for the women in North America Phone Post
10/22/12 1:46 PM
Chris27

Uncle Muay Thai -  She should re think he comment ... After zuffa folds strikeforce, bfc might be the only option for the women in North America Phone Post

First of all if SF folds female 135 div ends up in the UFC because Dana aint letting Ronda go.

Second have you ever heard of Invicta?

Doesnt seem like Bellator is very interested in female mma. Now if SF folded and they let Ronda/Tate/Cyborg go they would jump on that because Ronda is a star but those girls would be in the UFC.

Right now their champ is on the undercard with no tournament planned and the last I heard 125 was what they were thinking but with Invicta signing alot of females I dont know if Bellator can even put on a tournament anyone would care about.

WOuldnt be shocked to see her released from Bellator at some point and fighting in Invicta.
10/22/12 1:51 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hong Kong Phooey - 

Well, I'm definitely glad I wasn't the only one who thought that when I saw the thread.  Where the fuck is Tate Fletcher these days anyway?

10/22/12 2:00 PM
iamjohnny

Edited: 10/22/12 2:04 PM
<blockquote>Chris27 - She is right but anyone who followed this story knows why.<br /><br />She has talked shit about the org, the whole them not helping her pay for her surgery or something, said outed them, they said they would, they never did.<br /><br />She was on the mma hour talking shit about the org so this is them saying fuck you.<br /><br />They dont have that div anymore, no plans on another 115 tournament, the div and the belt mean nothing to Bjorn/Bellator. <br /><br /></blockquote><br />Yep. She's had a bad relationship with Bellator from the start and she certainly doesn't make them eager to promote her.<br /><br />I'm a big supporter of WMMA and equality, but I think her attitude with Bellator from the start is part of the problem. She needs to realize WMMA isn't as important to companies like Bellator/Zuffa unless you're a Rousey or Carano. Unless we wake up one day and she's getting movie offers, pulling in 500k ratings....she should learn to not bite the hand that feeds her. <br /><br />Have they given her a raw deal? Yes, but she isn't so innocent either. I know I wouldn't want to promote someone that rarely says anything good about my company, that fights in a division that isn't a ratings draw or priority.
10/22/12 2:02 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator need to get their champs on main card ! Regardless of sex... Phone Post
10/22/12 2:06 PM
Chris27

iamjohnny - <blockquote>Chris27 - She is right but anyone who followed this story knows why.<br /><br />She has talked shit about the org, the whole them not helping her pay for her surgery or something, said outed them, they said they would, they never did.<br /><br />She was on the mma hour talking shit about the org so this is them saying fuck you.<br /><br />They dont have that div anymore, no plans on another 115 tournament, the div and the belt mean nothing to Bjorn/Bellator. <br /><br /></blockquote><br />Yep. She's had a bad relationship with Bellator from the start and she certainly doesn't make them eager to promote her.<br /><br />I'm a big supporter of WMMA and equality, but I think her attitude with Bellator from the start is part of the problem. She needs to realize WMMA isn't as important to companies like Bellator/Zuffa unless you're a Rousey or Carano. Unless we wake up one day and she's getting movie offers, pulling in 500k ratings....she should learn to not bite the hand that feeds her. <br /><br />Have they given her a raw deal? Yes, but she isn't so innocent either. I know I wouldn't want to promote someone that rarely says anything good about my company, that fights in a division that isn't a ratings draw or priority.

Yeah imo they should just part ways. Let her go to Invicta and make money and get fights and get promoted.

She dont want to be with them, they dont care about promoting her, they arent doing another 115 tournament and I believe she cant even make 115 anymore.

So if they dont want to promote her and if they arent gonna do another tournament then let her go to Invicta.

But they wont because Bjorn is just as spiteful as Dana but people seem to ignore that about Bjorn/Bellator.
10/22/12 2:06 PM
iamjohnny

WelshWarrior -  Bellator need to get their champs on main card ! Regardless of sex... Phone Post

I agree, but MMA would have to be a sport first. It's run like a sports entertainment brand when you can get title shots after a loss or literally just talk your way into one.
10/22/12 2:08 PM
iamjohnny

Chris27 - 
iamjohnny - <blockquote>Chris27 - She is right but anyone who followed this story knows why.<br /><br />She has talked shit about the org, the whole them not helping her pay for her surgery or something, said outed them, they said they would, they never did.<br /><br />She was on the mma hour talking shit about the org so this is them saying fuck you.<br /><br />They dont have that div anymore, no plans on another 115 tournament, the div and the belt mean nothing to Bjorn/Bellator. <br /><br /></blockquote><br />Yep. She's had a bad relationship with Bellator from the start and she certainly doesn't make them eager to promote her.<br /><br />I'm a big supporter of WMMA and equality, but I think her attitude with Bellator from the start is part of the problem. She needs to realize WMMA isn't as important to companies like Bellator/Zuffa unless you're a Rousey or Carano. Unless we wake up one day and she's getting movie offers, pulling in 500k ratings....she should learn to not bite the hand that feeds her. <br /><br />Have they given her a raw deal? Yes, but she isn't so innocent either. I know I wouldn't want to promote someone that rarely says anything good about my company, that fights in a division that isn't a ratings draw or priority.

Yeah imo they should just part ways. Let her go to Invicta and make money and get fights and get promoted.

She dont want to be with them, they dont care about promoting her, they arent doing another 115 tournament and I believe she cant even make 115 anymore.

So if they dont want to promote her and if they arent gonna do another tournament then let her go to Invicta.

But they wont because Bjorn is just as spiteful as Dana but people seem to ignore that about Bjorn/Bellator.

Parting ways would be the best thing. I'm not sure if she would be much happier pay wise, but she at least would be promoted better. Shana Knapp is good people!
10/22/12 2:34 PM
Chris27

iamjohnny - 
Chris27 - 

Parting ways would be the best thing. I'm not sure if she would be much happier pay wise, but she at least would be promoted better. Shana Knapp is good people!

What is she making in Bellator? I've only seen one Bellator card payout but other than winning the tournament her regular fights I dont imagine she is making much.

Atleast in Invicta she can fight multiple times a year if healthy, if they move to a TV network she can make money fighting on main cards with sponsors etc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.