UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS: it's out of order that Reem is next for title

10/22/12 5:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rahjai
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

love the brazilian translations.

First "combat is possible" by anderson and now "out of order" by JDS
10/22/12 5:29 PM
whatamess
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the reason reem should get the next shot is because he was the world beater before he got popped, not only had he the most hype, he also delivered by beating brock into retirement.

he also beat werdum 1 ys ago.

werdum beat russow and nelson, he lost to both reem AND junior before, yet he deserves a shot?

man...
10/22/12 5:49 PM
bhealthy

Fertitta's dont want the EEOC to step in. After handing recent known juicers offers to play for belts, it would be an open and shut case.
10/22/12 6:20 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain could win this rematch.

He got nailed by a JDS bomb and went down.

IF Cain fights smarter this time, don't be surprised if at least gives JDS his toughest fight to date,
10/22/12 6:25 PM
Flexo
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BshMstr -
Johan Von Brügermëister -  Jds earned his title by whooping everybody they put in front of him. Overeem gets the shot after beating the ufc's golden egg Brock who was coming off a loss. Phone Post

yup.

while i'm aware that sports are entertainment, and not subject to logic and reason, i really wish the UFC would focus on legit rankings, and try to schedule fights accordingly.
It would be much more interesting to me if Reem fought his way to the title. And they had 1-2 more guys in front of him. Not too sure who that would be though. Phone Post
10/22/12 6:48 PM
Kneeblock
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oioisavvy -  The real reason overeem needs to get a title shot is so that the ufc heavyweight title finally gets unified with the lineal pride heavyweight championship. Phone Post

This.

This is the ONLY thing that matters to me personally. I need a healthy clean Reem to fight Cain/JDS 2 winner so we can finally have closure.

Then we need LW closure.

10/22/12 6:59 PM
Foob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Cain wins against JDS (big IF), then i would still like to see JDS vs Reem first
10/22/12 7:02 PM
oioisavvy
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock -
oioisavvy -  The real reason overeem needs to get a title shot is so that the ufc heavyweight title finally gets unified with the lineal pride heavyweight championship. Phone Post

This.

This is the ONLY thing that matters to me personally. I need a healthy clean Reem to fight Cain/JDS 2 winner so we can finally have closure.

Then we need LW closure.

That is the number one concern.
Number two is the possibility of an English born ufc champion. Phone Post
10/22/12 7:07 PM
man meets fate

Cry me a river
10/22/12 7:29 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Reem should fight Cormier for number one contender status. Phone Post
10/22/12 8:04 PM
time traveling 12er
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have to get what you can out of these big out of org names. You don't want another sokodju situation where you bring them in slowly and they tank before you can sell any tickets with them. It's best to get Reem the fight now before he pops hot after another fight and his whole legitimacy is eroded further. With all the injuries and scheduling issues it's hard enough to get fights going without having to hold to a rigid ranking schedule. Too many people sitting on the shelf waiting for their turn. People want to see the fight now so they're going to make it. Same with if Diaz got a title shot even though he lost and got suspended. This is a matchup people want to see no? So why all the crying and gnashing of teeth these days about rankings?
10/22/12 8:10 PM
kinkle

Not only is Overeem linear Pride Champ, he also holds just about every other linear HW title (including the first UFC HW title, linear UFC 1 tourney champ, and a list of a bunch of other linear titles).

If anything JDS is challenging the MMA HW Champion Overeem.
10/22/12 8:11 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

time traveling 12er - You have to get what you can out of these big out of org names. You don't want another sokodju situation where you bring them in slowly and they tank before you can sell any tickets with them. It's best to get Reem the fight now before he pops hot after another fight and his whole legitimacy is eroded further. With all the injuries and scheduling issues it's hard enough to get fights going without having to hold to a rigid ranking schedule. Too many people sitting on the shelf waiting for their turn. People want to see the fight now so they're going to make it. Same with if Diaz got a title shot even though he lost and got suspended. This is a matchup people want to see no? So why all the crying and gnashing of teeth these days about rankings?
Are you from the future? Phone Post
10/22/12 9:00 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

kinkle - Not only is Overeem linear Pride Champ, he also holds just about every other linear HW title (including the first UFC HW title, linear UFC 1 tourney champ, and a list of a bunch of other linear titles).

This is accurate and just furthers why the "linear" and "lineal" stuff is nonsense.

10/22/12 9:06 PM
kinkle

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 
kinkle - Not only is Overeem linear Pride Champ, he also holds just about every other linear HW title (including the first UFC HW title, linear UFC 1 tourney champ, and a list of a bunch of other linear titles).

This is accurate and just furthers why the "linear" and "lineal" stuff is nonsense.

Why is it nonsense? Is it more legitimate to have a belt that is "official" because the UFC says so but has almost no lineage, over having no "belt" but holding linear wins over a LONG list of #1 HW's in the world that go back to UFC 1?
10/22/12 9:13 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

In this case it makes ZERO sense to consider Overeem > JDS as a #1 HW. NONE.

Overeem's biggest win in the past 3 years was looking TERRIBLE against Werdum. (don't give me the pinky toe BS). Anyone who thinks that the Brock fight was legit needs to wake up. Brock was on his last fight and immediately crumbled and then went back to WWE.

Overeem last 4 years:

Brock - Joke

Werdum- looked like shit

Duffee

Rogers

Fujita

Thompson

Sylvester

Goodridge

Junior last 4 years:

Frank Mir

Cain Velasques

Shane Carwin

Roy Nelson

Gabe Gonzaga

Gilbert Yvel

Cro Cop

Struve

Werdum

10/22/12 9:14 PM
kinkle

Performances are not considered in rankings, also LOL at the Brock fight not being legitimate, you are fucking delusional.
10/22/12 9:16 PM
kinkle

"A vast majority of the top talent is in the UFC. That holds a ton of weight in value/validity of the UFC belt"
It definitely means something, but much of that talent is not in the HW belt lineage, how much of that talent has fought for the belt? The point is after JDS/Overeem fight, the HW belt will be more legitimate than it has ever been.
10/22/12 9:21 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 10/22/12 9:22 PM
kinkle - Performances are not considered in rankings, also LOL at the Brock fight not being legitimate, you are fucking delusional.

Performances are certainly considered in rankings when a division is split in half and opponents are closely ranked.(back before SF merge)

Brock was done. It was obvious WELL before the fight even took place. Does it count? Of course. Does anyone who knew the context and watch it know that Brock was done before it started? I sure did.

Even NOT taking both of those things into account, it is not even CLOSE the level of competition they have faced as HWs...not even close.

10/22/12 9:23 PM
kinkle

You don't understand how rankings work, sorry....
10/22/12 9:25 PM
xXJayRobXx
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I give Alistair the best chance at beating JDS out of any other heavy weight in ANY promotion. Phone Post
10/22/12 9:26 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

kinkle - You don't understand how rankings work, sorry....

Tell me how YOU feel Overeem should be ranked above JDS.

You want to just look at record and ignore the details that's fine.

Overeem last 4 years:

Brock -

Werdum

Duffee

Rogers

Fujita

Thompson

Sylvester

Goodridge

Junior last 4 years:

Frank Mir

Cain Velasques

Shane Carwin

Roy Nelson

Gabe Gonzaga

Gilbert Yvel

Cro Cop

Struve

Werdum

Explain "how rankings work" that would put Overeem over JDS with that list of opponents. PLEASE...lol

10/22/12 9:28 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

If you want to talk about how rankings "work" almost all ranking sites remove a fighter if they have 1 year of inactivity. Overeem won't even be ranked AT ALL once his steroid suspension is up :)

10/22/12 9:30 PM
kinkle

I never said Overeem was ranked higher, I only said you can argue he has the more prestigious title.
10/22/12 9:31 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

kinkle - I never said Overeem was ranked higher, I only said you can argue he has the more prestigious title.

Based on nostalgia and ignoring the better opponents....sure. ;)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.