UnderGround Forums >> JDS: it's out of order that Reem is next for title

10/22/12 9:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 9:38 PM
kinkle - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 
kinkle - I never said Overeem was ranked higher, I only said you can argue he has the more prestigious title.

Based on nostalgia and ignoring the better opponents....sure. ;)

Or maybe a longer lineage of #1 HW's.

But Couture < Brock < Cain < JDS are much better than that right?

I am done arguing with some TUF idiot.

That's nostalgia. Sorry.

The UFC belt is NOW by FAR more prestigeous than a second hand SF title that went undefended for 2 years. Overeem NEVER fought all three of the fighters that made the PRIDE HW belt what it was. At least JDS beat Cro Cop. ;)

LMAO@ thinking TUF brought me to MMA. Typical "im old skool" cop out.

10/22/12 9:40 PM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS vs Reem is the fight everyone wants to see
10/22/12 9:48 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This jds guy can beat anything? Phone Post
10/22/12 11:54 PM
man meets fate

kinkle - Performances are not considered in rankings, also LOL at the Brock fight not being legitimate, you are fucking delusional.

Of course performances are considered, why do you think fitch always has to win 10 fights to get a title shot
10/23/12 12:13 AM
kinkle

man meets fate - 
kinkle - Performances are not considered in rankings, also LOL at the Brock fight not being legitimate, you are fucking delusional.

Of course performances are considered, why do you think fitch always has to win 10 fights to get a title shot

Because title shots have fuck all to do with rankings.
10/23/12 12:27 AM
The Overseer
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I agree that the Cain rematch is rather soon, I think it more has to do with the fact of HOW Cain beat Big Foot.
Like, am I apparently the only UGer that saw that blood bath? Cain DEMOLISHED Silva. Just crushed him.
If that fight had been a boring decision, you know that Cain vs **** would be next up, and not JDS. Phone Post
10/23/12 12:35 AM
PrettyBoy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Johan Von Brügermëister - Jds earned his title by whooping everybody they put in front of him. Overeem gets the shot after beating the ufc's golden egg Brock who was coming off a loss. Phone Post
He also was the K1 Grand Prix winner as well as the Strikeforce HW Champ who just defeated Werdum but hey...don't let facts get in the way of anything. Phone Post
10/23/12 1:19 AM
CHILLITACO
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrianStannFan -

this is all just a hoax to promote JDS' new walk out Tee

I would buy maybe? Phone Post
10/23/12 3:26 AM
Inkareh64
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS is a very likable guy with solid skills so its understandable that alot of people root for him and believe in the "hype"

JDS has never shown any consistent solid ground game and its all hearsay... Overeem has shown decent ground game! with overeems size and strength I dont see anyway that JDS can take it to the ground besides a lucky trip.
This will be a striking match, and anybody that thinks JDS has a clear advantage is delusional! JDS knows his chances are 50/50 at best, and is probably butthurt over the comments from overeem hence he is making these comments. Overeem is a legit threat regardless of his "previous 4 years" mma opponents. If you really want to get an idea of what this fight will look like take a look at Overeem's last four years in K-1

Peter Aerts (twice)
Gokhan Saki
Tyrone Spong
Ben Edwards
Badr Hari (W and L)
Dzevad Potruak
10/23/12 4:57 AM
SugaFoot
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/23/12 4:57 AM
JDS vs. Overeem is a great fight and the fans want to see it. I tend to disagree that Overeem and Chael scenario is similar.
10/23/12 5:52 AM
Frobenius

JDS is scared.

Don't blame him, Reem is bringing that belt back to UK/Holland. Phone Post
10/23/12 6:11 AM
Nexuscrawlers
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dus 10 - LOL. And herein lies the problem of "mma ranking". Overeem could be ranked #100 & he'd STILL beat that ass. If jds loses to a #20, does he go out the top10? - Due to his 1dimensional-ness, theres a buncha low ranked hw who could beat JDS. The same cant be said 4 cain or overeem.

imposing your will on all of your opponents isnt a weakness.

10/24/12 2:47 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge JDS fan,and I have the upmost respect for him,but hes downplaying Overeem big time. Overeem has the best style/skill set that JDS has yet to face. All these other guys like Cain,Werdum,Struve,Country,Carwin,JDS has beat soundly! He compares Reem to Sonnen alot,but I don't see the comparison to be honest. Notice Reem never said anything negative about JDS until he started blasted Reem in the Media about being a "CHEATTER". Reem replided with "JDS is afraid of me",ever since JDS has been saying hes in the "Chael Sonnen school". Overeem had all the credictials when he came into the UFC to challenge for the title,but he chose to face Brock. Which he beat soundly,then was tested for high testosterone to epi(Which he explained he took a Anti-inflam./Test.),and was denied a licence to fight. I love JDS,but hes seriously downplaying the Elite level K-1 Boxing/Muaythai/WrestlingD&Offense/Sub game of Reem. This is the fight everybody wants to see,and to be honest,its the toughest fight for JDS. WAR JDS vs Reem!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10/24/12 2:54 PM
dfw jr
1638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just an fyi JDS begged me for the Reem fight said he respects Cain very much and thinks he deserves the shot but would like to KO Reem first cause he hates him. word for word what he said.

10/24/12 2:54 PM
Nexuscrawlers
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe he is just noticing that he is fighting guys coming off 1 ufc win, when he had to get a 7 fight win streak to get his title shot. Phone Post
10/24/12 2:55 PM
Nexuscrawlers

dfw jr -

just an fyi JDS begged me for the Reem fight said he respects Cain very much and thinks he deserves the shot but would like to KO Reem first cause he hates him. word for word what he said.

Lol, that's awesome. I feel like every time JDS opens his mouth it makes le a bigger fan. Phone Post
10/24/12 3:11 PM
PrettyBoy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -

Good we need to unite the belts! Phone Post
10/24/12 3:43 PM
JustAnotherMMAFan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem was outstruck by Fabricio Werdum, so, I am expecting JDS to obliterate him.

10/24/12 3:45 PM
The Overseer
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ wut Phone Post
10/24/12 4:06 PM
le

I agree on the out of order. But don't worry JDS, you'll be watching Cain/Reem from the front row. Phone Post
10/24/12 4:07 PM
le

Nexuscrawlers -
dfw jr -

Lol, that's awesome. I feel like every time JDS opens his mouth it makes le a bigger fan. Phone Post
That's a lie, I'm not a fan ;) Phone Post
10/24/12 4:33 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

I don't think it is the same "guys" who argued both those things...

10/24/12 4:36 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

People who were paying attention (and not in denial because they hate Overeem or love brock) knew that was brock's last fight on his contract, and that he was already talking to the WWE wrassling fucks about going back.

I NEVER thought Brock had a chance, and had a feeling he was going to take his paycheck and crumble at the first opportunity he could.

10/24/12 4:36 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Edited: 10/24/12 4:36 PM

DOUBLE

10/24/12 4:53 PM
PrettyBoy

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

People who were paying attention (and not in denial because they hate Overeem or love brock) knew that was brock's last fight on his contract, and that he was already talking to the WWE wrassling fucks about going back.

I NEVER thought Brock had a chance, and had a feeling he was going to take his paycheck and crumble at the first opportunity he could.

Who cares though. You can put into context the Overeem Brock fight to downplay Overeem's win, but you fail to put into context how vastly Werdum has improved since JDS fought him to showcase the significance of Overeem's win. Instead you just say he looked like shit.

There literally might only be 3-4 HW's that could beat Werdum when Overeem beat him.

You can't play the context card only when it suits you. Even Dana was saying Werdum is due for a shot soon.

Overeem is a bad motherfucker and the true HW champ. JDS isn't undisputed till that fight happens. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.