UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS: it's out of order that Reem is next for title

10/24/12 5:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Il Duce
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -

just an fyi JDS begged me for the Reem fight said he respects Cain very much and thinks he deserves the shot but would like to KO Reem first cause he hates him. word for word what he said.

Anyone know if he made that statement before or after he was popped? What's the context here? I also remember JDS saying Reem didn't deserve a shot right after his suspension is lifted. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. Somebody remember? Phone Post
10/24/12 5:07 PM
fiercedragon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The entire hw division is messed up. werdum, gonzaga, Barnett, and cormier are all sitting around with nothing to do. Hey zuffa match them up! Barnett n gonzaga/cormier n werdum... Phone Post
10/24/12 5:10 PM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whats all the hubub? handing an undeserved title shot to a confirmed roider is a UFC tradition.

Cain is a superbadass and is a HUGE threat in a rematch.
10/24/12 5:10 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Werdum HAS improved greatly since the JDS fight.

That does not make Overeem, the K1 Champion, look much better for putting on an aweful performance against Werdum.

LMFAO@ Overeem being the "true HW champ" by barely outpointing Werdum, just because politics and corruption ruined PRIDE and the pieces fell into different organizations. Stop living in the past.

10/24/12 5:13 PM
JasonGV
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rahjai - love the brazilian translations.

First "combat is possible" by anderson and now "out of order" by JDS

Yeah these translationa are great.

This combat is out of order!
10/24/12 5:14 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Il Duce - 
dfw jr -

just an fyi JDS begged me for the Reem fight said he respects Cain very much and thinks he deserves the shot but would like to KO Reem first cause he hates him. word for word what he said.

Anyone know if he made that statement before or after he was popped? What's the context here? I also remember JDS saying Reem didn't deserve a shot right after his suspension is lifted. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno. Somebody remember? Phone Post

JDS started saying Reem doesn't deserve the title right after his Testosterone was high. The Reem replied with "JDS is afraid of me". Then JDS went to Vegas to meet with Dana in his office. After that Dana told the media "JDS begged me for the Reem fight,that he respects Cain very much,and thinks he deserves the shot but would like to KO Reem first cause he hates him". The HWT division needs Reem vs JDS,cann't wait to see it.
10/24/12 5:19 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reem cannot be compared to sonnon.. hes in a different class...

10/24/12 5:26 PM
AshDoherty
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Dana White just post in my thread?

10/24/12 5:31 PM
bigdee1983420
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - 

I see what your saying Dana,it makes no since that JDS "begged" for Reem,and now hes pretty much saying ya'lls ranking are fucked up making him fight Reem(if he beats Cain in the rematch). I'm a huge fan of both guys styles/skills,and as a fan I just want them to fight. There striking skills alone separates this HWT fight from any other in the history of MMA HWT fights!
10/24/12 5:57 PM
Nexuscrawlers
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigdee1983420 -
dfw jr - 

I see what your saying Dana,it makes no since that JDS "begged" for Reem,and now hes pretty much saying ya'lls ranking are fucked up making him fight Reem(if he beats Cain in the rematch). I'm a huge fan of both guys styles/skills,and as a fan I just want them to fight. There striking skills alone separates this HWT fight from any other in the history of MMA HWT fights!
No one (including jds) is saying this fight shouldn't happen. Some people are just saying it doesn't make a lot of sense. But no one is saying the fight shouldn't happen. Phone Post
10/24/12 6:49 PM
bigdee1983420

Nexuscrawlers - 
bigdee1983420 -
dfw jr - 

No one (including jds) is saying this fight shouldn't happen. Some people are just saying it doesn't make a lot of sense. But no one is saying the fight shouldn't happen. Phone Post

It absolutely makes total since in my opinion. Reem is the only style/skill set that JDS has yet to face in the Octagon. By no means was I implying JDS is ducking Reem or doesn't want to fight him. But I do feel he downplays Reems skills alot,and reverts to calling him a cheater etc... When in fact Reem never tested postitive for not one steroid(Which he explained the anti-inflam./Test)was the cause of his elevated Test. to Epi. levels. The MMA media is alot to blame for JDS thinking like that(They jump the gun),if you didn't see it,you cann't say Reem is a roider,period. Bottomline JDS vs Reem is the greatest potential HWT fight of all time. RESPECT!!!
10/24/12 7:06 PM
Nexuscrawlers
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bigdee1983420 -
Nexuscrawlers - 
bigdee1983420 -
dfw jr - 

It absolutely makes total since in my opinion. Reem is the only style/skill set that JDS has yet to face in the Octagon. By no means was I implying JDS is ducking Reem or doesn't want to fight him. But I do feel he downplays Reems skills alot,and reverts to calling him a cheater etc... When in fact Reem never tested postitive for not one steroid(Which he explained the anti-inflam./Test)was the cause of his elevated Test. to Epi. levels. The MMA media is alot to blame for JDS thinking like that(They jump the gun),if you didn't see it,you cann't say Reem is a roider,period. Bottomline JDS vs Reem is the greatest potential HWT fight of all time. RESPECT!!!
Agreed, I've wanted that fight for a long time. I think to JDS these contenders "don't make sense" because he had to beat 7 people in the UFC before he got a shot, and now these 2 get a shot after a 1 win streak.
I don't think he is knocking overeems skills as much as the clusterfuck of contenders. Phone Post
10/24/12 7:18 PM
PrettyBoy
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

That does not make Overeem, the K1 Champion, look much better for putting on an aweful performance against Werdum.

LMFAO@ Overeem being the "true HW champ" by barely outpointing Werdum, just because politics and corruption ruined PRIDE and the pieces fell into different organizations. Stop living in the past.

You got to beat the man to be the man. Fedor -> Werdum -> Reem

And quit voting me down. Phone Post
10/24/12 7:21 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

PrettyBoy - 
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

You got to beat the man to be the man. Fedor -> Werdum -> Reem

And quit voting me down. Phone Post

I didn't vote you down. I promise. I don't VD for opinions. Fighter bashers and trolls only for my VDs.

Again you are stuck in the past, and using the sad demise of PRIDE, and the sad avoidance of M1Global to argue that someone is the "true HW" champion. It is nonsense.

10/24/12 7:23 PM
bigdee1983420

Nexuscrawlers - 
bigdee1983420 -
Nexuscrawlers - 
bigdee1983420 -
dfw jr - 

Agreed, I've wanted that fight for a long time. I think to JDS these contenders "don't make sense" because he had to beat 7 people in the UFC before he got a shot, and now these 2 get a shot after a 1 win streak.
I don't think he is knocking overeems skills as much as the clusterfuck of contenders. Phone Post

To be quite honest Alistair should make alot of sence to JDS. Him being a Strikeforce/Dream HWT Champ,not to mention the 2010 K-1 Grand Prix champion. Plus Reem has been undefeated for awhile now in MMA. JDS should want that fight,cause if he beats Alistair that will rase his stock 10 folds. Alot of the hardcore fans consider Overeem pretty high up there in the rankings.
10/24/12 7:24 PM
Ryan Black
430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS has grown on me immensely throughout his UFC career. Dude is- through & through, a consummate professional, a real fighter, and a force to be reckoned with at the top of the foodchain.

Really hope he focuses on Cain though; you know the rematch will differ from their first encounter. And I highly doubt JDS is expecting to walk through him in 18 seconds again. Can't wait for this fight.

Never been a die-hard Overeem fan... TBH, if JDS KTFO's him quick, like he did Cain- I would consider the Overeem hype train derailed. Then Allistair will be humbled a bit & need to climb the ranks to get another shot, then I don't see any reason why JDS wouldn't consider him a legitimate contender- given that he overcomes the feat of passing every drug test in between. Phone Post
10/24/12 7:33 PM
Nexuscrawlers

bigdee1983420 -
Nexuscrawlers - 
bigdee1983420 -
Nexuscrawlers - 
bigdee1983420 -
dfw jr - 

To be quite honest Alistair should make alot of sence to JDS. Him being a Strikeforce/Dream HWT Champ,not to mention the 2010 K-1 Grand Prix champion. Plus Reem has been undefeated for awhile now in MMA. JDS should want that fight,cause if he beats Alistair that will rase his stock 10 folds. Alot of the hardcore fans consider Overeem pretty high up there in the rankings.
Agreed. That's why I think jds wants this fight. He says he knows he can beat him (I agree). But it is a little fishy to give a guy coming off a suspension a title shot. But I 100% want them to make this fight after the Cain match. Or even before that if Cain gets injured and Overeem gets licenced or something. Phone Post
10/25/12 8:34 AM
matazurka

JDS is just talking crap and u-turning about Overeem every month. I can imagine JDS is a bit frustrated that he fought more UFC-fights to get a title-shot but if Zuffa thinks this Overeem/JDS fight will make buckets of money he should just obey and hail Dana.

btw: How many fights did Brock actually fought to get a title shot? Just 2... Nuff said
10/26/12 1:06 AM
ChaosOverkill
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

matazurka - JDS is just talking crap and u-turning about Overeem every month. I can imagine JDS is a bit frustrated that he fought more UFC-fights to get a title-shot but if Zuffa thinks this Overeem/JDS fight will make buckets of money he should just obey and hail Dana.

btw: How many fights did Brock actually fought to get a title shot? Just 2... Nuff said

Fighters fighting their manufactured nemesis is the new WWFC

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.