UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Epic Thread of RARE OLD MARTIAL ARTS Videos!

10/22/12 9:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
scootertrash
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool videos Dan. Keep posting videos like this. I trained at your place in Imlay City for a short time until work put an end to that. I wish I could have done more, you had some cool things to show. Anyways keep posting old timey videos. History is cool.
10/22/12 9:11 PM
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool scooter, thank you. Do you train at all anymore? Who is this? email me if you want. If you still want to learn stuff, my DVD's offer TONS of info for the $.

Keep it up and I will post more later after going to get something to eat guys.
10/22/12 9:37 PM
scootertrash
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I trained from 96-06 off and on, mostly on. At your place I had long hair, was in my late 30's. I would like to start again but I am getting a little old so I have to be careful where I go. Don't want to get hurt by any youngsters. I already have enough nagging injuries. You showed me a Systema shoulder shrug thing that I thought was kinda weird but then later when we were grappling I was in your guard and you did it and reversed me. I don't know if you realized you did it or what but it was kinda cool. I wish you luck with your endeavours.
10/22/12 9:38 PM
diggity

I'm in. This is interesting. Thanks for adding value to the forum dude. Phone Post
10/22/12 11:42 PM
DanTheWolfman

Aikido!
10/22/12 11:45 PM
DanTheWolfman

Older Ueshiba tossing dudes!
10/22/12 11:47 PM
DanTheWolfman

Rare 1952 Aikido Film!
10/22/12 11:58 PM
RicoVelasquez
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow.

Subd Phone Post
10/23/12 12:04 AM
Pro Ice
1903 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some good stuff  thanks Wolfman

10/23/12 12:30 AM
DanTheWolfman

Glad you guys appreciate it, there is something for everyone. More Karate, Judo, AWESOME JUJITSU/CATCH, Vale TUDO GRACIES to come!!!!

READY FOR SOME KUNG FU FIGHTING EVERYONE? AKA THE GOOD,The BAD, and the UGLY!
10/23/12 12:33 AM
DanTheWolfman

1956 REAL HONG KONG ROOF TOP vs from Bruce Lee's home videos.

While you say sloppy, I say well yes, but person that has one focus Combatives KISS Methodology using a particular theory of Centerline Theory makes a big difference.....something to consider. If you have 20+ yr serious martial arts and some real world or mma experience you maybe can do whatever you want, look totally different in different circumstances.

However, if you are say 8 yrs or under? Probably best to KISS method Simple Combatives approach.
10/23/12 12:35 AM
DanTheWolfman

You may like or hate the flash......

However, it is a find to me for the bigger guy doing the Chin Na Joint Locking!
10/23/12 12:39 AM
DanTheWolfman

Think what you will of this.................................................

How evolved was he years later, who knows for sure vid wise for I believe this is the only real sparring footage???

Perhaps too linear OVERLY focused on repost fencing stop hitting intercepting at this point but if you haven't seen it you should.
10/23/12 12:46 AM
DanTheWolfman

Da Flashy Kung Fu parts!
10/23/12 12:49 AM
DanTheWolfman

Legendary Mas Oyama vs Bull!

Now, out of all these guys you are watching, from different eras and places on earth....whom do you think will have the highest level skills, aggressive training nature for the street, and impressive technical syllabus????

It is probably not the century or place on earth you would guess IMO.
10/23/12 12:52 AM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love them Dan.

I just had a real long (70 some responses) thread on my facebook account with a bunch of black belts about the sport vs self defense BJJ argument.
10/23/12 12:55 AM
DanTheWolfman

Mas Oyama trading knowledge with Koreans, since he himself was born a Korean..........

Not sure if this is kind of propaganda for new Korean martial arts movement or not???
10/23/12 1:00 AM
DanTheWolfman

Thanks for the support, I have done whatever I can for years to propel the evolution of martial arts, self-defense, and to support MMA in all kinds of various ways (sparring partner, occasional judge/ref, writing, doing interviews with fighters and personalities etc as well as pushing techniques out there that have come into vogue in MMA).

Please support me guys, at least if some of you buy my DVD's I am sure you will find them a great value for the money, and allows me to eat for the month etc.
10/23/12 1:02 AM
DanTheWolfman

Helio vs KIMURA!!!
10/23/12 1:03 AM
DanTheWolfman

Kimura Mini-Doc!
10/23/12 1:05 AM
DanTheWolfman

Kimura at 60+ showing tons of techniques!
10/23/12 1:05 AM
Tao
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing sir.
10/23/12 1:17 AM
DanTheWolfman

Carlson vs Santana.....

Respect to all these early Vale Tudo Fighters whether Lutra Livre or BJJ, respect to EUCLIDES PEREIRA etc

Respect to Carlson and all the people he taught, which I believe was a more physical top game heavy game than say the Helio side of things...but you work with whatever body type and attributes you have in everything martial arts really.....
10/23/12 1:25 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 10/23/12 1:37 AM
NOW, BE4 I post what I consider my greatest finds of this old footage let's get some good discussion going.

Discuss what videos or techniques you liked best? Who seems to have the best overall approach to effective martial arts for self-defense?

When I started BJJ/GJJ (McCleod and others....also realize I was cross training in everything ALWAYS pretty much) It was SELF DEFENSE 1st, NHB/Vale tudo 2nd, Sport 3rd. IMO this is how all martial arts pretty much should be.

Grappling arts should be Self-Defense 1st, MMA 2nd, No Gi Grappling 3rd, and Sport Gi whether that be BJJ/Judo/Sambo 4th is my opinion on that. I teach grappling always considering Street and MMA applications.

Get some good disussion going and maybe super late tonight or tomorrow more likely I will post what I consider pretty awesome finds of technique in application and variety of technique.

And Don't forget the Catch Wrestlers, Pankration Fighters, Egyptian Martial Arts and pretty much any other culture or time in history when you are thinking your or MMA is the best. Take a look at the background pics in the covers of my DVD's on the first page I do think they are pretty cool. I take a very Open Minded Cross Trained True Mixed Martial Arts approach to things and find little valuable techniques or tweaks in all kinds of places and how to apply them. I've gotten great support from some name fighters so far and an Ammy fighter that just ordered my Seminar DVD just raved about it. If you get my DVD's I am sure you will be happy with my lifetime of knowledge picked up or adapted from so many sources I provide at a VERY reasonable price. Thanks www.TheCombatSystem.com

P.S. I would still like to compete in my rules of different things I have come up with since 1995, like my "Combat Jiu-jitsu rules" Think Gi MMA light no face punching I've shared with a couple well known jiu-jitsu and judo instructors that liked that idea (1 even used the name for something different), A friendly STREET Headgear w Cage Fight think Combatives training but DogBrothers to practice realistic fast paced fight not to win or get medals, or my new idea of Warrior Grappling that I think a lot of people could get into and builds Warrior Spirit. Also, always wanted to do a old school Pancrase slap fight w Shin Guards. I think competition does have it's place to practice skills, but not at the sake of forgetting Self-Defense or MMA first.
10/23/12 1:28 AM
MofoCP

Gots to sub! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.