UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Epic Thread of RARE OLD MARTIAL ARTS Videos!

10/23/12 9:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedish Wrestling demo.....

If you are into Catch stuff or expanding your knowledge of holds that are actually useful and rare, you will like both my Seminar DVD and my Grappling 2 Pack I Promise!
10/23/12 9:51 AM
RickStorm
1680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Wow! Fantastic thread... Thanks for posting these Dan =)

10/23/12 9:53 AM
DanTheWolfman

I thought Bas said their wasn't wrestling in Amsterdamn, Holland area?

www.TheCombatSystem.com Please support order a DVD or 2 or all 3 new ones or All 4 so far (6 Discs over 12 hours of Instruction and cool bonus footage!) Until I get the website rebuilt a bit and payments set up on there email me at DanTheWolfman@hotmail.com

I Love some of the Catch stuff I found, Jujitsu for the street films etc. Still have yet to post my favorite finds from 1943!
10/23/12 8:18 PM
DanTheWolfman

Now, for what I think are my best finds!!!!

This thread was 2 nights of staying up til 5am and 7am so I hope people will appreciate it and please THINK OF THIS THREAD YOU SUBBED yourself by posting on and UP IT for others every now and then. RickStorm maybe you and other mods can help with that somehow.

This guys had the Jujitsu skills mixed with some great Catch Wrestling and Lua and other stuff! They could have handled UFC 1-5 very nicely I am sure!

Indian Death Lock when guy has the Reverse lockdown!!!!

Intensity geared for the street, I love these vids.
10/23/12 8:31 PM
DanTheWolfman

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Allow me to Plug my new DVD's for a second, it's taken a lot of work to compile this old footage and share with you guys. I don't have a real job, some support would be appreciated, you get knowledge of my 26 yrs in martial arts and 16+ yrs training MMA with more top fighters/teams/coaches than probably any other human being for very cheap.

Fighters that have seen my Seminar and other footage have loved it such as UFC vets Dennis Hallman, Matt Brown, Mike C, Luigi F, #1 Shooto ranked Ryan Bow, Bellator Tourney winner Daniel Straus etc.  Also have some other UFC and Bellator fighters that have been checking out my Seminar and other select vids and a couple Dog Brothers too etc.  I show stuff you won't find on anywhere else really but it is all practical application. 

The first and last DVD Single Disk pictured are very high quality footage 2 Hours for just $32 (+$3 S+H main 48). The Middle two shown are 2 Disk DVD Sets at 4+hrs for ONLY $37 (same S+H Continental U.S.) No matter the level you will learn a ton I am sure and they are a really great value, with nice logical layout of techniques and easy to use refresher menus etc. Take your STRIKING, GRAPPLING, & COMBATIVES abilities to the NEXT LEVEL! Not some 30-50 min expensive DVD's that don't show anything new to you. Go to www.TheCombatSystem.com Still updating the site to take payments there, message me for now at DanTheWolfman@hotmail.com if interested. Thanks, don't vote me down for one simple plug. I am making a nice thread for everyone, and please bump it for others! Osu and good training!

10/23/12 8:34 PM
DanTheWolfman

More awesomeness from Hawaii 1943!!!
10/23/12 8:37 PM
Granpa
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the sound effects in the first vid are the best
10/23/12 8:38 PM
DanTheWolfman

Part 3!

Don't lurk, discuss techniques or what videos you really liked or were surprised by. Bump it for others. It takes a lot of time to make a thread like this and compile all this great old footage.

If anyone finds some great old footage post the URL and I will check it out. That Sambo find was awesome!

See Ya on the Mat when I can. Good training to you, Osu!

www.TheCombatSystem.com
10/23/12 9:29 PM
cheesesteak
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know you probably have me on ignore, but I voted you up. I love very old classic TMA shit. I took goju ryu from one of the first people to bring it to the usa. He got his BB in okinawa in 1953. We did a lot of Kata in his class but the classes were intense 3-4 hour sessions and a terrific workout and a terrific way to build mental toughness. Sure I prefer my bjj and boxing, but that class was great and lots of fun and a very old school approach was taken. No children classes at this school. For adult men. Women were welcome, but for whatever reason it was all adult men. It was quite an experience
10/23/12 9:31 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 10/23/12 9:34 PM
I especially like the Head Twist, Indian Death Lock, and Pretzel Twist all stuff you will see on my DVD's! That is not that common stuff.....while Jujitsu I think you see they had Catch Influence and Lua perhaps too........Really amazing footage and techniques no?

Why Cheese, were you flaming me before? So many I can't keep track, wish we we all focus on helping each other get better, or contributing our opinions/ideas to make MMA and orgs better.

For all we Know Grandpa is one of the dudes in this Vid?

Anyone that was training say Pre 1970 I would love to hear stories, descriptions of techniques or training methods etc.
10/23/12 9:40 PM
cheesesteak
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess you don't!! There was a time when I think something you posted annoyed me and I kind of said you're an attention whore or something like that..lol...Sorry man. I really like when you make these kind of threads though...Very Cool shit.

Have you ever heard of the Korean art Taekkyon? and if so what do you think?
10/23/12 9:46 PM
DanTheWolfman

Maybe I need attention some days when I am ill and don't leave my place, or trying to spread certain techniques, it is all for the greater good, don't judge others.

Yes heard of it, no haven't paid attention. I started in TKD however, and yes played that guy on Tekken back in the day.
10/23/12 10:06 PM
JJitsu
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome thread VTFU

10/23/12 10:56 PM
manzuri
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
10/24/12 12:37 AM
DanTheWolfman

UP! thx
10/24/12 1:09 AM
Bad Karma
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HOLY SHIT this thread delivers!
10/24/12 1:42 AM
The Big Lebansky
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
10/24/12 5:05 AM
DanTheWolfman

t3
10/24/12 8:58 AM
DocTitus

Subbing
Great videos. Phone Post
10/24/12 9:29 AM
oldwrestler
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mythreads
10/24/12 9:46 AM
Kirik
1663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Follow me, on Twitter

Epic thread!!!

10/25/12 2:11 AM
DanTheWolfman

Glad you guys like it and I actually did make it Epic and live up to the title. I found much more vids that I originally had when making it.

Thanks Kirik
10/25/12 2:25 AM
ton74

Thanks for the thread! Can't wait to watch.. Phone Post
10/25/12 2:32 AM
Ghengiseanie

Excellent as ever Dan. Phone Post
10/25/12 2:33 AM
Megatherium
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is amazing Dan, thanks man!

I'm sure you've seen it, but here's James Cagney's judo fight scene in Blood On The Sun from 1945, a little early Hollywood martial arts.

http://youtu.be/WlejMy9zLdI

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.