UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anthony Pettis Hospitalized w/ Infection

10/22/12 9:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 9:12 PM

Just seen this on InsideMMA's Facebook.. came here to get updates but didn't see a thread. If there is one, I swear I searched.

BREAKING NEWS - Anthony Pettis hospitalized with an infection in his elbow in the same arm as his surgically repaired shoulder. Doctors don't feel it is related to the surgery.

Hence why he is not on the show, we apologize for the inconvenience.

10/22/12 9:13 PM
Warriormmd
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cerrone ain't gon like dat Phone Post
10/22/12 9:15 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cerrone DEF ain't gon like dat. Winner of this fight should be next in line. 

10/22/12 9:28 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope he is okay. Infections can be really serious Phone Post
10/22/12 9:30 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:/
10/22/12 9:33 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely hoping it's a quick fix. This fight is awesome.. and for his health.

10/22/12 9:34 PM
TommyRSU
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/12 9:37 PM

I hope it's not staph infection from the surgery. Pretty common these days with surgeries in hospitals. There have been stories of people getting heart surgery and staph getting in there and eating its way out from the inside. Hospitals are more prepared now and people aren't dying as much, but that's a legitimate concern.

I'm just speculating and making a guess, and I really hope I'm wrong.  I'm no doctor and the infection is at his elbow and not the shoulder (I'm not sure how they did the surgery or even what they did), so I could be thinking like an idiot as usual.

Regardless, best of luck to him in recovering, not just for the awesome fight but his health as well.

Tommy Phone Post

10/22/12 9:35 PM
Chimonos Revenge

that sucks to hear.

Hope he recovers quickly
10/23/12 1:08 AM
TommyRSU
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like I was on the right track at least, check the main page for the article:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/429037/Anthony-Pettis-admitted-to-hospital-with-staph-infection/

It says that it was discovered "in" his elbow, and not "on" his elbow.  I'm wondering if he just picked it up rolling around on the mat, or if its actually a result of his shoulder work he had done awhile back.  I think its from the latter of the two, but once again that would just be spectulation at this point.

Either way, I hope he recovers real soon.  War Pettis.

Tommy

10/23/12 1:36 AM
AnthonyMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I already said this in the other thread but.... Get well showtime!! Phone Post
10/23/12 8:12 AM
AUJL'S GAPING POOP HOLE
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like they caught the infection fairly quickly, which is good news for Pettis. His fight with Cerrone is in January. Worse case scenario, if he's unable to fight by then, I could see Maynard or Lauzon getting promoted. to fight Cerrone

10/23/12 9:18 AM
JPro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overrated.... even Guida beats staph Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.