UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Which Gracies have you rolled with?

10/24/12 1:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FatBuddha
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn Sicilano, that's pretty scary!
10/24/12 1:48 PM
FatBuddha
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/24/12 1:49 PM
FatBuddha

10/24/12 1:54 PM
Jessy30
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol...awesome. I would love a chance to train with her. I think it could be very instructive and interesting Phone Post
10/24/12 2:00 PM
Siciliano
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve,

I was prepared to use my escrima skills. FMA vs BJJ. LOL.
10/24/12 2:28 PM
REALLYBIGRHINO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I roll with one regularly and he makes me feel like a one stripe white belt.
10/24/12 2:50 PM
The Mat Pimp
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Relson, Rhalan, Ryron, Royler, Renzo
10/24/12 3:23 PM
TalkShowOnMute
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Siciliano - She's very good. Loves taking the back. One time, when she was preparing for ADCC, Igor had me partner up with her. She shot for double leg but accidentally my thumbs were out and I "kinda" gouged her eye. Ran to the bathroom almost crying (wouldn't blame her).

Ryan Gracie was there and asked what happened? igor explained and Ryan stared at me for a split second. I was ready to go to the locker room and get my chef's knife. LOL.
Dang....and Ryan easily has the best Gracie death stare. I remember watching Pride tapes, thinking I would cry if he looked at me like that. Phone Post
10/24/12 3:24 PM
TalkShowOnMute
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean had of course not has. Stupid phone..

Ryan RIP. Phone Post
10/24/12 8:42 PM
QAM256
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Gracies. Caique several times. Phone Post
10/24/12 8:47 PM
jrv
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QAM256 - No Gracies. Caique several times. Phone Post
I've heard great things about Caique, what's rolling with him like? If you don't mind my asking Phone Post
10/24/12 9:40 PM
rmenergy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gamebred - Royce
Rodrigo
Rorion
Relson
Rolker
Royler
Renzo
Grand master Helio
Ryron, Rener, Ralek - all when they were kids

Just curious, how would you rate Rodrigo on that list?

I've not rolled with him but will have the privilege in a few months. Heard really good things but his popularity seems to be lacking with most for some strange reason.

Thanks in advance.
10/24/12 10:05 PM
beauregard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Helio
Rickson
Rorion
Royler
Royce
Renzo
10/24/12 10:20 PM
Happy Penguin
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kron, Kyra, Igor, Gregor, and Daniel.

Huh. Somehow, I have managed to avoid rolling with any Gracies whose name starts with an "R." Weird.

I don't quite know how that's possible. But there you go.
10/24/12 11:24 PM
MickColins
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a 6'6 Gracie? Good lord. 

10/24/12 11:36 PM
QAM256
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jrv -
QAM256 - No Gracies. Caique several times. Phone Post
I've heard great things about Caique, what's rolling with him like? If you don't mind my asking Phone Post
Like having a tank on top of you. lol. No space to breath. Phone Post
10/25/12 12:18 AM
mmanthebay
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gumby - Ralph, Renzo, Ryan, Rockson, Kron, Roger, Ralek, Daniel, Kyra, Igor, Arthur (a rare Gracie that doesn't really do Jiu Jitsu), technique only with Rickson, Ryron, Carlinhos. I'm sure I'm leaving someone off too.
Gumby, what was it like rolling with Ralph and Renzo? How similar are their games? Phone Post
10/25/12 12:28 AM
Marcgeo13
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhalan was 1 of my first instructors. Rolled a bunch with him Phone Post
10/25/12 1:06 AM
Siciliano
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

talkshowonmute,

Yup. I saw that stare for a split second. I think he's just overprotective of his girl cousin. LOL.
10/25/12 2:22 AM
TOSH COOK
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Royce, Rodrigo, Crosley, Charles, Rener, Ryron, Rorian, Robin, Rolker, Ralek.

Rolling with Royce is like getting your butt kicked repeatedly by an empty gi. Rodrigo is like fighting an angry alligator, except he is tougher than an alligator (@rmenergy, Rodrigo is straight up awesome, I wish more people knew about him.) Crosley takes you into a rapid descent towards hell, he is amazing and I really respect him. Charles is a very technical and issues a relentless beatdown. He is such a nice guy with such great jiu-jitsu. Rener, Ryron and Ralek are all super tough and gifted athletes. Really not enough superlatives to describe what rolling with any of those three is like. If (actually, *when*) they get to the triangle or a footlock on you, game over. Robin, Rolker and Rorian were awesome too, but I was such a noob at the time I can't make an intelligent comment about their game other than to say they kicked my butt.
10/25/12 3:12 AM
MickColins
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got to roll with Carlson jr when he was feeling good. He let me start from side control, regarded, swept me, mounted and then went knee on belly and pretended to surf. I also got O soto Gari'ed by Neto. Phone Post
10/25/12 4:18 AM
JSho
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happy Penguin - Kron, Kyra, Igor, Gregor, and Daniel.

Huh. Somehow, I have managed to avoid rolling with any Gracies whose name starts with an "R." Weird.

I don't quite know how that's possible. But there you go.
Not to be picky but distinct from matrilineal Gracie's like roger and kyra (something that gets discussed from time to time on here), iirc Daniel and Gregor are not blood Gracies, ie neither their father or mother is a Gracie. Phone Post
10/25/12 5:20 AM
cawsie77
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
10/25/12 9:07 AM
cdog1955
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rickson, Royler.
10/25/12 9:39 AM
htownbjj
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/25/12 9:39 AM

Ryron, Rilion, Clark. I also trained with a longtime student of Ryan.

Ryron - kept it playful, let me *almost* armbar him, escaped, put me in a straight ankle lock, I tried to use the defense I learned from his youtube clip (I said,"I'm using your defense but it's not working", he said "push near the toes not close to the heel"), he let me escape, but then caught me in a toehold soon thereafter.

Rilion - he was not trying to dominate me, but did chain a relentless series of attacks and passes together. Since he was more evaluating my skill level than seeking to tap me out, he would let me escape, then he would put me right back into another bad position. I was most impressed with his transitional brilliance and balance.

Clark - lightning fast, lots of oma platas. He also gave one of the best seminars I ever attended.

Student of Ryan - I don't know if he learned his pressure from Ryan, but it was incredibly impressive how he controlled from the top, using a lot of torque and subtle grip controls.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.