UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Which Gracies have you rolled with?

10/25/12 11:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hywel Teague
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JSho - 
Happy Penguin - Kron, Kyra, Igor, Gregor, and Daniel.

Huh. Somehow, I have managed to avoid rolling with any Gracies whose name starts with an "R." Weird.

I don't quite know how that's possible. But there you go.
Not to be picky but distinct from matrilineal Gracie's like roger and kyra (something that gets discussed from time to time on here), iirc Daniel and Gregor are not blood Gracies, ie neither their father or mother is a Gracie. Phone Post

You're being picky.
10/25/12 4:20 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rodrigo, I puked on him after receiving shoulder of justice. Phone Post
10/25/12 4:35 PM
rmenergy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOSH COOK - Royce, Rodrigo, Crosley, Charles, Rener, Ryron, Rorian, Robin, Rolker, Ralek.

Rolling with Royce is like getting your butt kicked repeatedly by an empty gi. Rodrigo is like fighting an angry alligator, except he is tougher than an alligator (@rmenergy, Rodrigo is straight up awesome, I wish more people knew about him.) Crosley takes you into a rapid descent towards hell, he is amazing and I really respect him. Charles is a very technical and issues a relentless beatdown. He is such a nice guy with such great jiu-jitsu. Rener, Ryron and Ralek are all super tough and gifted athletes. Really not enough superlatives to describe what rolling with any of those three is like. If (actually, *when*) they get to the triangle or a footlock on you, game over. Robin, Rolker and Rorian were awesome too, but I was such a noob at the time I can't make an intelligent comment about their game other than to say they kicked my butt.

Thanks. Isn't he going to be out your way in a couple of weeks?
10/25/12 7:27 PM
TOSH COOK
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Yes sir. Rodrigo will be doing a seminar with us Wednesday 11/7 from 6-9. If you can attend you won't be disappointed. I've done (or hosted) about 8 seminars with Rodrigo and they are always top notch. It is usually a mix of old school and new school, he rolls with everyone, and is totally engaged in his teaching. When I roll with Rodrigo I swear he is plugged into the Matrix...

www.rgjjoffresno.com
1063 E Brookhaven #108
Clovis, CA 93612
10/25/12 9:46 PM
rmenergy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the invite. As usual my work schedule is prohibiting me from doing anything "cool". Although a friend of mine very well may head your way for the seminar.
10/25/12 10:17 PM
jrv

QAM256 -
jrv -
QAM256 - No Gracies. Caique several times. Phone Post
I've heard great things about Caique, what's rolling with him like? If you don't mind my asking Phone Post
Like having a tank on top of you. lol. No space to breath. Phone Post
Nice, thanks! Phone Post
10/27/12 7:14 AM
fakezaga
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I rolled with Royce when I first started training. I think about it a lot. I am a pretty big guy and for parts of the roll he was definitely playing possum, letting me advance and waiting for an opening. At one point he tapped me with a wrist lock which we both thought was funny. At the time I thought it was ncredibly generous of him to roll with a 270lb white belt. Phone Post
10/28/12 1:09 PM
markus
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

helio, rorian, royce, robin, rolker, (seminar with rickson and royler) ryron, rener, ralek, raylan, rhalan.

getting to experiance helios closed guard in action, his choke and armbar was enlightening.

rorian is absolutely the best instructor. and no one punches harder from the mount than rorian. just my opinion.
although he always talks it down, about not hurting people, after 3 punches, everybody gives up their back.

royce is like sparring with air. he hardly touches you, and then your caught.

and probably the best overall experiance was training at the academy, taking classes and participating in the the boys training as they made their run for black belt. how many people can say they watched a gracie become a blackbelt?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.