UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bjorn Rebney responds to Miesha Tate crusade again

10/23/12 1:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tate has been lately slamming Bellator over twitter for the last couple of days because they have the Strawweight champion Zoila Gurgel on the undercard for Bellator 78. Bjorn Rebney finally responds back to the criticism.

http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Bjorn-Rebney-responds-to-Miesha-Tate-crusade-against-Bellator.html
10/23/12 6:03 AM
CindyO

I wonder what the real reason is because Bjorn's explanation is too stupid to be true.

Cindy

10/23/12 7:33 AM
john joe
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
probably that she has criticized Bellator in the past and this is an FU from them to her
10/23/12 8:57 AM
PrestigeWorldwide
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a stupid explanation Phone Post
10/23/12 8:58 AM
fiercedragon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Bjorn-Rebney-responds-to-Miesha-Tate-crusade-against-Bellator.html

10/23/12 9:17 AM
Tat2tillidie
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -

I wonder what the real reason is because Bjorn's explanation is too stupid to be true.

Cindy

. No champion should be put on the untelivised * side of the show ...

That's pathetic for sure I don't care what org it is ... Phone Post
10/23/12 9:31 AM
Ministry of Truth

Ummm, Meisha lost her belt and next fight was put in the prelims by Zuffa.
10/23/12 9:39 AM
Ministry of Truth

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Ministry of Truth - Ummm, Meisha lost her belt and next fight was put in the prelims by Zuffa.
Um, she's not a champion Phone Post

She was the organization's champion in her last fight, and in her next fight was on the prelims. Barely any different.
10/23/12 9:40 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Ministry of Truth - Ummm, Meisha lost her belt and next fight was put in the prelims by Zuffa.
Um, she's not a champion Phone Post

Phone Post

10/23/12 9:41 AM
Ministry of Truth

Essentially, my point is I think Meisha is being fueled by own, personal frustrations, IMO.

I'm not saying I disagree with her, either.
10/23/12 9:47 AM
caposa
1770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/23/12 9:48 AM

I don't think it's that ridiculous. This is a tune up fight. Zoila cannot even make the weight that she won the belt at, therefor she cannot defend her title. Yea she's a "champion" but come on. That belt has never been defended and probably never will be. On top of all that, she won the belt under pretty bullshit circumstances with the judges awarding her two fights in a row that she clearly lost. She has fought once since then and it was a year and a half ago, on the prelims. Didn't see everyone up in arms then.

Daniel Straus on the other hand just won the Summer Series FW tournament, so he deserves to be there. Brian Rogers is from the area and was a semifinalist earlier this year, and he is also one of the most exciting fighters on Bellator's roster.

10/23/12 9:53 AM
EckY
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zoila being champion is a joke.

She won the belt by getting 2 total gift decisions in the semis and the final then she said she could never make the weight again.  On top of that she has been out for almost 2 years, I dont blame Bellator at all.

10/23/12 12:01 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I see both sides on this, but a lot of people think the way she got that belt was suspect to begin with.  Both Fuji and Aguilar beat her, IMHO.

10/23/12 1:32 PM
caliguy0906

Tune up fight or not, she's still listed as a champion for Bellator. Any champ, male or female, deserves more respected than the un-televised portion of a card. In most cases, if a champ is fighting at catch weight/non title fight, they co-main event. I think Bjorn's being spiteful and a bit douchey in this situation

10/23/12 1:50 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EckY -

Zoila being champion is a joke.

She won the belt by getting 2 total gift decisions in the semis and the final then she said she could never make the weight again.  On top of that she has been out for almost 2 years, I dont blame Bellator at all.

Exactly. Also, there are only a handful of fans that care about a women's champ being on the prelims. Phone Post
10/23/12 1:55 PM
chokeyou

Misha Rebney....

I SEE IT COMING
10/23/12 1:56 PM
Nexuscrawlers
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen - 

I see both sides on this, but a lot of people think the way she got that belt was suspect to begin with.  Both Fuji and Aguilar beat her, IMHO.

yeah, i feel bad for her but at the same time i totally understand. Caposa also makes a good point.

i almost wish they would jsut strip her of the title and re-do the whole womens tournament (or jsut scrap it as an official bellator division and just keep wmma as one-offs in bellator)

it also doesnt help her cause much that she was badmouthing the company quite a bit a few months ago.

10/23/12 2:23 PM
Fernando Alonso

mmavixen -

The judges getting it wrong isn't Bellators problem. Phone Post
10/23/12 2:26 PM
Neil McCauley

caposa - 

I don't think it's that ridiculous. This is a tune up fight. Zoila cannot even make the weight that she won the belt at, therefor she cannot defend her title. Yea she's a "champion" but come on. That belt has never been defended and probably never will be. On top of all that, she won the belt under pretty bullshit circumstances with the judges awarding her two fights in a row that she clearly lost. She has fought once since then and it was a year and a half ago, on the prelims. Didn't see everyone up in arms then.

Daniel Straus on the other hand just won the Summer Series FW tournament, so he deserves to be there. Brian Rogers is from the area and was a semifinalist earlier this year, and he is also one of the most exciting fighters on Bellator's roster.

this is it exactly. zuffa shills gonna irrationally hate.
10/23/12 2:35 PM
Chris27

Neil McCauley - 
caposa - 

this is it exactly. zuffa shills gonna irrationally hate.

Its cool as long as Zuffa doesnt do it, then it would be a problem.

If SF didnt air prelims on ShoX and Cyborg came back from suspension and they put her on the prelims that werent televised I wonder if people would have the same reaction like its not big deal.

10/23/12 2:51 PM
Neil McCauley

cyborg is a hormonally male fighter fighting females, so i consider her entire career tainted and i never want to see her fight again.
10/23/12 3:54 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

Isnt this the same girl whos husband asked the ug for money then turned on the ug when someone posted there yearly earnings and asked for.an explanation. Iirc ppl were upset when there are legitppl in need with cancer about tobe homeless or trying to get there kid an operation to save the childs life.i thought she was sick and never could support herself again and bad things woukd.happen if we did not donate. If true despicable and she deserves the undercard. I thought they were in a horrible spot. Shit i thought you would be dieing to have to be desperate enough to ask the ug for donations as a pro mma couple and a bjj superstar who runs schools and does seminars. And here she is fighting for bellator shortly after.please dont hesitate to correct me if any part of my memory is wrong andi sincerely apologize ifi am thinking ofsomeone else.
10/23/12 7:40 PM
CindyO

caposa - 

If she can't make weight for the title she holds then she shouldn't have it. Non-title tune up fights for a champion is retarded, regardless of the promotion staging the fight.

Cindy

10/23/12 7:54 PM
Megatherium
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Onnie804yamsaki - Isnt this the same girl whos husband asked the ug for money then turned on the ug when someone posted there yearly earnings and asked for.an explanation. Iirc ppl were upset when there are legitppl in need with cancer about tobe homeless or trying to get there kid an operation to save the childs life.i thought she was sick and never could support herself again and bad things woukd.happen if we did not donate. If true despicable and she deserves the undercard. I thought they were in a horrible spot. Shit i thought you would be dieing to have to be desperate enough to ask the ug for donations as a pro mma couple and a bjj superstar who runs schools and does seminars. And here she is fighting for bellator shortly after.please dont hesitate to correct me if any part of my memory is wrong andi sincerely apologize ifi am thinking ofsomeone else.

That is correct. Also, the non title women's flyweight match in no way deserves to be on the broadcast portion of the show.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.