UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ed Soares wants GSP then Bisping for Anderson

10/23/12 8:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/23/12 8:43 AM
3 Sided Square
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad Dana finally put his foot down on Soares.

-UKTT
10/23/12 9:20 AM
Frobenius
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the fuck does GSP get to queue jump?! Fuck that, Anderson needs to clear the division before taking these other matches, and Bisping is a legit contender.

If I was Bisping I'd be PISSED at this. Phone Post
10/23/12 9:45 AM
AssassinsNATION
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I picture a few reading this post and throwing temper tantrums followed by sore fingers from typing their responses with anger and hate. Phone Post
10/23/12 9:56 AM
Arecsa
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds good to me. Dana is desperate to do an event at Dallas Cowboy stadium, GSP vs Silva would be a fight worth headlining that card.
10/23/12 10:11 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 10/23/12 10:13 AM

at 177.5 catchweight like ed stated, it's a real superfight.  at a catchweight evenly split nobody can say anything about size or weight because they are meeting in the middle.

If BJ and GSP met in the middle that would have been an epic fight but instead size played too much of a factor in the fight.

If Jones can make 195 then that's a superfight that needs to happen... Jon wrestled at 197.  Jones isnt at the peak of his popularity yet.  Anderson and GSP are that's why this makes more sense first.

10/23/12 10:13 AM
Chomas
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soares wants that win bonus %. Phone Post
10/23/12 10:42 AM
explodingboy

I love you Ed.

10/23/12 10:48 AM
dogfb
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Soares' answer. GSP at 177.5 would be awesome. Also he didn't say he absolutely wanted bisping next, he was not sure who would be next and said "maybe bisping."

10/23/12 10:49 AM
crumbs
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frobenius -  Why the fuck does GSP get to queue jump?! Fuck that, Anderson needs to clear the division before taking these other matches, and Bisping is a legit contender.

what do you think Anderson has been doing for the last 6 years?

he's cleared the division so bad, that bisping by default has become a legit contender, so bad people have fast tracked weidman into contender status cus there, IS no one else. so bad people tried to convince us Munoz was top ten.

10/23/12 10:54 AM
caposa
1844 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP loses or is going to be out for an extended period of time, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Bisping fight while the MW division sorts itself out. Phone Post
10/23/12 10:54 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warzone209 -
P4PKING - 
Warzone209 -

How do you justify beating small man GSP to then go fight Spitsbing?? lol? Bas should have slapped Soares and told him gtfo.

Both commentators didn't even wanna hear that GSP stuff they were like what about JBJ.

You're an idiot, Silva, and GSP have been champs before jones was even fighting pro.

So you say he shouldn't fight GSP because GSP is smaller, guess what jones is way bigger, how is that fair?

Also he doesn't say no to jones he says its a possibility, the exact same thing he said but the jones fight Phone Post

Ya and Soares also said he will still look to fight GSP even if he loses to condit...more ducking from JBJ.

Hopefully Condit beats GSP so we dont' have to see this GSP vs anderson junk and go straight into the fight EVERY fan wants to see JBJ vs Anderson now that is Dallas stadium Headline worthy.

You do realize Silva was adamant he wanted GSP and not to fight for the 205 belt for like 3 or 4 years right? Before Jones was even top 10. Phone Post
10/23/12 10:55 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - If GSP loses or is going to be out for an extended period of time, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Bisping fight while the MW division sorts itself out. Phone Post
Yeah me neither. It's interesting, and i think it would do good numbers Phone Post
10/23/12 10:58 AM
idsmashit

Bisping's earned the fight more then anyone else mentioned. Robbed against the clear number 2 in the world Sonnen.
10/23/12 10:59 AM
idsmashit

explodingboy - 

I love you Ed.

10/23/12 12:09 PM
kevsh
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is like a bad soap opera. How many Silva vs. GSP stories have we heard over the past couple of years and they are nowhere near booking the fight.

And what everyone keeps overlooking is the other very important piece to this drama (GSP) has made it clear he's not exactly enthusiastic about this fight, to put it mildly.

Until I hear GSP say he REALLY wants this I'm assuming it never happens.
10/23/12 12:31 PM
shorebreaker420
1024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ed is a phony Phone Post
10/23/12 12:43 PM
DaddyRich
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why doesn't Anderson beat Bisping on his way down to 177.5?
10/23/12 1:50 PM
orcus

Glovegate - 

Why do they keep trying to brow beat a WW into a fight he seems to have never wanted?

http://blogs.thescore.com/mma/2012/08/08/firas-zahabi-georges-st-pierre-told-me-he-wants-to-fight-anderson-silva/

Today’s “The MMA Show with Mauro Ranallo” podcast featured an interview with Firas Zahabi, head trainer at TriStar gym, who talked about a prospective super fight between Georges St-Pierre and Anderson Silva.

“Georges St-Pierre told me he wants (to fight Anderson Silva). But right now he has to get back on the horse and fight Carlos Condit and be champion again. He needs to keep focused.

“(If the Silva fight happens) ideally I’d like a catch weight. I think it’d be more fair. If you fight at a catch weight, Silva won’t be 20 pounds heavier. 177 or 178 pounds is much more fair.”

10/23/12 1:55 PM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/23/12 1:55 PM

^ that's from Firas.

This is from GSP - "I want to fight everyone at 170. I'll take whoever they put in front of me at 170."

Source - http://youtu.be/Cm24RH3TKfE

GSP does not want the fight... don't fool yourselves. He has so many contenders at 170 (Kampmann/Hendricks, Diaz, Maia... etc.)

10/23/12 2:00 PM
Ornoku
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weird they don't want to fight a real MW contender in Weidman, but they want to fight Bisping for some reason.
10/23/12 2:01 PM
Kings21
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frobenius -  Why the fuck does GSP get to queue jump?! Fuck that, Anderson needs to clear the division before taking these other matches, and Bisping is a legit contender.

Anderson has cleared out his division and has had it cleared for years. Bisping would have gotten his shot had he not lost #1 contender fights. Bisping not getting his shot is on his shoulders. Anderson is nearing retirement and deserves these big matchups like GSP. Same with GSP hes no spring chicken anymore.

Theres always going to be new up and comers but you cant even say Bisping is an up and comer any more. Hes a guy thats had his chances to get a title shot and lost them.
10/23/12 2:04 PM
Kings21
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaddyRich - Why doesn't Anderson beat Bisping on his way down to 177.5?

Why doesnt Bisping win a #1 contender fight?
10/23/12 2:10 PM
Joe Sons nuts

Edited: 10/23/12 2:12 PM
This is exactly why Anderson (killer as he may be) is my least favorite champ. Everytime a hard fight that would featue a dangerous opponent is in question or in the process of being made there's some bitchin and moanin going on from the Silva camp. Even when the fights eventually go through and he wins.

A champ should never deny a contender his opportunity, period. I've never heard GSP bitch about any opponent. Anderson has fought about as many cans as Fedor, his fans just won't accept the truth of it.

This time around it's Weidman and Jon Jones. I get Jones, it's way too big of a risk and too much hard work for the Silva camp not to complain. But Weidman? don't even see him as that much of a threat (dude got like one solid win). Still, a much bigger threat than someone like Bisping, who the Silva camp of course would welcome with open hands (considering they know how easy that fight would be).
10/23/12 2:11 PM
Frobenius

Kings21 - 
DaddyRich - Why doesn't Anderson beat Bisping on his way down to 177.5?

Why doesnt Bisping win a #1 contender fight?

Watch the Sonnen fight, and being honest, tell me you thought Sonnen deserved that decision. That was complete bullshit. Bisping has clearly earned his shot, and is a 'big name fight'. Bisping in a title shot would do crazy numbers, I guarantee it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.