UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mayhem's accusations RE medical insurance

10/23/12 8:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EighNullSects
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if what he said about UFC doing underhanded sneaky shit to save a few thousand bucks on his knee operation is true, they have some serious explaining to do. That is really, really terrible.

Get on here and straighten things out DFW!
10/23/12 8:31 PM
EighNullSects

And the stuff he said about Evan Tanner... really makes me reconsider my appreciation of this sport.

We have to be better than that.
10/23/12 8:32 PM
Chomas
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was another sketchy part of the interview if you ask me, he made it seem like the UFC wouldn't pay for his injury in the fight, but if I was him I would have pushed harder thats something that could stick with you for life

10/23/12 8:33 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I highly doubt it, he hasnt exactly been the model of reliability lately.
10/23/12 8:35 PM
EighNullSects

According to Jason they made his MRI results disappear. How do you suggest he push harder? Pay for another set of MRIs on his own dime? That costs upwards of 13-1,500 dollars depending where you go. Not a ton of money but to a fighter that just retired that cash flow is no laughing matter.

I really hope you aren't suggesting it is his fault they didnt pay for his knee operation.
10/23/12 8:38 PM
the geek
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His supporting evidence that the UFC was screwing him over was "the doctor was silent" when ask why he hadn't received the results.
Not very credible evidence IMO.

Far better interview though, still think he's got some issues, but much better.
10/23/12 8:41 PM
the geek
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EighNullSects - According to Jason they made his MRI results disappear. How do you suggest he push harder? Pay for another set of MRIs on his own dime? That costs upwards of 13-1,500 dollars depending where you go. Not a ton of money but to a fighter that just retired that cash flow is no laughing matter.

I really hope you aren't suggesting it is his fault they didnt pay for his knee operation.

He stated that he didn't even pursue it any further. He didn't call the UFC to see whats up, didn't call the MRI tech to see whats up, he just assumed it was a screw job.

I don't think it was his fault, I think he just made the wrong assumption as to happened.
10/23/12 8:42 PM
EighNullSects

Did we watch the same interview? Have any of you been to the doctor before? It is a crime to lose your medical records! That shit simply doesnt happen. A very close friend of mine was a ward secretary for over a year. Losing any information on a patient is subject to termination, and can result in criminal charges if said loss was not as a result of negligence.

I suppose you guys could easily answer for me then why exactly he has not gotten his knee fixed? If UFC didn't screw him over medical insurance, what is his motivation for not using his company-provided accident insurance?

There is no answer!
10/23/12 8:44 PM
the geek

EighNullSects - Did we watch the same interview? Have any of you been to the doctor before? It is a crime to lose your medical records! That shit simply doesnt happen. A very close friend of mine was a ward secretary for over a year. Losing any information on a patient is subject to termination, and can result in criminal charges if said loss was not as a result of negligence.

I suppose you guys could easily answer for me then why exactly he has not gotten his knee fixed? If UFC didn't screw him over medical insurance, what is his motivation for not using his company-provided accident insurance?

There is no answer!

He didn't get it fixed because he stated that he didn't pursue it further.
EighNullSects

I cannot believe you guys think this is Jason's fault. Really fucking sad.
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EighNullSects - And the stuff he said about Evan Tanner... really makes me reconsider my appreciation of this sport.

What did he say regarding Tanner? Phone Post
10/23/12 8:45 PM
Chomas
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
EighNullSects - According to Jason they made his MRI results disappear. How do you suggest he push harder? Pay for another set of MRIs on his own dime? That costs upwards of 13-1,500 dollars depending where you go. Not a ton of money but to a fighter that just retired that cash flow is no laughing matter.

He stated that he didn't even pursue it any further. He didn't call the UFC to see whats up, didn't call the MRI tech to see whats up, he just assumed it was a screw job.

I don't think it was his fault, I think he just made the wrong assumption as to happened.

right I am saying follow up until you get an answer, and talk to your attorney if you have to

10/23/12 8:46 PM
the geek

Chomas - 
the geek - 

right I am saying follow up until you get an answer, and talk to your attorney if you have to

Correct.

10/23/12 8:52 PM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/23/12 8:55 PM
EighNullSects - if what he said about UFC doing underhanded sneaky shit to save a few thousand bucks on his knee operation is true, they have some serious explaining to do. That is really, really terrible.

Get on here and straighten things out DFW!

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Either the UFC insurance covers something or it doesn't.  Their only obligation is to pay their premiums and/or deductables.  The UFC have no financial obligations beyond that.  There is no financial incentive for them to jerk around Mayhem. 

Of course, the insurance provider is another story.  Having worked in the health care field, I have no doubt whatsoever that an insurance provider was willing to do shady shit to save a few bucks.  Unfortunately, that's just how the American health care system works.  People pay for insurance, insurance companies nickle and dime the hospitals to hold down costs, and the people who need the medical care get screwed.

Sucks for Mayhem, but he is blaming the wrong people.  It's not Zuffa's fault the system is broken.

10/23/12 8:56 PM
the geek

donniejessup - I think the insurance was in Patrick's name. honest mistake.

Legit lol. Voted Up.

10/23/12 9:27 PM
dfw jr
1594 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana,

Here are all of the medial records I have for Jason.

We paid for his MRI and Doctors visits. At his last appointment Dr. Limpisvasti told him he needed to bring in his films to review before any surgical decisions were made, which he never did. At this point without Dr. Limpisvasti seeing the films I am not sure how he is saying we denied a surgery that has not been requested yet.

Thank you,

[ufc]
BRIANA MATTISON | MEDICAL CLAIMS MANAGER Phone Post
10/23/12 9:28 PM
instantkarma
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryingarmbar -
EighNullSects - And the stuff he said about Evan Tanner... really makes me reconsider my appreciation of this sport.

What did he say regarding Tanner? Phone Post
????? Phone Post
10/23/12 9:30 PM
the geek

dfw jr -  Dana,

We paid for his MRI and Doctors visits. At his last appointment Dr. Limpisvasti told him he needed to bring in his films to review before any surgical decisions were made, which he never did. At this point without Dr. Limpisvasti seeing the films I am not sure how he is saying we denied a surgery that has not been requested yet.

Thank you,

[ufc]

Source ?

;-)
10/23/12 9:30 PM
Boondock
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -  Dana,

Thank you,

[ufc]

...aaaannnnddd that's a wrap.

10/23/12 9:32 PM
Boondock
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boondock - 
dfw jr -  Dana,

Thank you,

[ufc]

But for real, Jason should have pushed it further.  A doctor being "silent" and "asking for your CD" should not be a "dead end."  Push further, get the CD or find out where it is... but the dr. being silent shouldn't be the end all that makes you go through the rest of your life injured.

And IF the dr is "screwing you" then lawyer up... if they provide insurance, then your knee injury during a fight is covered.

Either way, I'd never let it stop there.

10/23/12 9:32 PM
the geek

Boondock - 
dfw jr -  Dana,

Thank you,

[ufc]

A knee wrap to be specific.

10/23/12 9:34 PM
Brigham
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - Dana,

Thank you,

[ufc]
Oh snap son Phone Post
10/23/12 9:38 PM
surfing
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub-a-dub-dub
10/23/12 9:38 PM
Boondock

the geek - 
Boondock - 
dfw jr -  Dana,

Thank you,

[ufc]

A knee wrap to be specific.

oh snap!

10/23/12 9:39 PM
Tat2tillidie
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - Dana,

Thank you,

[ufc]
Straight from the UFC ... Boom Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.