UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Pedro Valente talks ryron vs andre

10/24/12 10:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the boys think of him as a brother,so take it for what its worth
10/24/12 1:17 PM
DeuceDroppin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yo 12...Will you post a copy/paste URL? I need a good laugh for the day, but can't see the vid on my phone! Phone Post
10/24/12 8:54 PM
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/24/12 8:54 PM

http://youtu.be/QPJm2xb6aXU

just for u brother

10/24/12 9:23 PM
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty soon helio is going to be reduced to 4 ft tall and 80 lbs.

12, you knew him personally. What size was he? I don't believe he weighed 135 lbs.
10/24/12 11:22 PM

vegard - Pretty soon helio is going to be reduced to 4 ft tall and 80 lbs.

12, you knew him personally. What size was he? I don't believe he weighed 135 lbs.

he was already old,maybe he shrunk.5'7"  140.  jordan is 145 pds and i dont see how helio could have ever been bigger then that.them guys r skinny.

10/24/12 11:25 PM

HolyAvengerP5 - do you go the video of david avellan laying the smackdown on one of the gracie bros? Master Lloyd said the Gracie's didn't release that infomercial due to the backfire?

mr avellan laid the smack dn on a 19 yr old kid,big deal.did he win the tournie?

10/24/12 11:46 PM

12 - 
vegard - Pretty soon helio is going to be reduced to 4 ft tall and 80 lbs.

he was already old,maybe he shrunk.5'7"  140.  jordan is 145 pds and i dont see how helio could have ever been bigger then that.them guys r skinny.

what myself and the guy that showed me the ropes at torrance (bjj dad) talked about often ,was how helio was able to grow his children like rorion did.we would joke about the boys girl freinds,cross them of the list based on height and the size of their brothers

10/25/12 3:04 AM
thebasher

comedy gold
10/25/12 8:38 AM
dojo stormer

why the fuck are his gi sleeves so short?
10/25/12 9:14 AM
Trillo Jiujitsu
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dojo stormer - why the fuck are his gi sleeves so short?

Summer Gi's are lighter for one reason, also they are not into any competition Jiujitsu matches so no need to wear those thick competition only regulated gi's. I personally use them at my school and we like them.
10/25/12 9:25 AM
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rematch between Rener and Avellan. I bet Rener takes it!
10/25/12 9:55 AM
brixx139

dojo stormer - why the fuck are his gi sleeves so short?
No disrespect, but this. Is it some kind of weird gi from another martial art? Im confused Phone Post
10/25/12 10:17 AM
Sir Taps
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dojo stormer - why the fuck are his gi sleeves so short?

Because he's not wearing a BJJ gi. Looks more like a heavyweight karate gi. Look at any pics or footage of the Valentes and their school and they all seem to be wearing those type gis. I know some BJJ schools recommend those type gis for little kids as some find them more comfortable. I can only assume that they don't do as much grappling as other BJJ schools (inc the Torrance Academy), because I can't see that those gis would hold up to the wear and tear.

James
10/25/12 10:20 AM
biggator
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha first thing I thought when I saw this vid was I bet someone will comment abt ibjjf legal gi. Look guys if your arms are that hairy you don't need long sleeves. ;)
10/25/12 12:31 PM
DeuceDroppin

Thanks 12..Video was pretty comical, as I thought it would be. Aren't Ryron and Galvao about the same weight? Listening to Valente talk, you would think that this was some David vs. Goliath match. If this was a real fight, it would have likely went about like the Hughes/Royce fight, except Ryron would have likely been soccer kicked and head stomped into the next life. Obviously guys like Ryron are going to have legit skills, if for no other reason, they have been doing it their whole lives. With that being said, and with respect, it would be nice to see them evolve like so many others have. Phone Post
10/25/12 12:56 PM
DeuceDroppin

Jasonbaldy - rematch between Rener and Avellan. I bet Rener takes it!
As 12 stated, Rener may have only been 19 at the time, but David was only 21. Rener was already a black belt and David had only been training submissions for a few years. That was almost 10 years ago and David has been training ever since, and striking as well. The guy also has a laundry list of HUGE wins. This is not taking anything away from Rener, but I'm pretty sure it would be a bad day for him, no matter the rule set. Phone Post
10/25/12 1:19 PM
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deuce I would love to see it. I meant to disrespect to David as he is a beast and highly skilled.
10/25/12 1:36 PM
omoplautistic
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeuceDroppin - Thanks 12..Video was pretty comical, as I thought it would be. Aren't Ryron and Galvao about the same weight? Listening to Valente talk, you would think that this was some David vs. Goliath match. If this was a real fight, it would have likely went about like the Hughes/Royce fight, except Ryron would have likely been soccer kicked and head stomped into the next life. Obviously guys like Ryron are going to have legit skills, if for no other reason, they have been doing it their whole lives. With that being said, and with respect, it would be nice to see them evolve like so many others have. Phone Post
"If it was a real fight". Good lord this is a stupid argument. It wasn't. It was a grappling match. And they both knew that. They would approach it differently if there were a different ruleset.

It's like watching a futsal match and saying, "well if it was soccer" or watching Gretzky, and saying "well If it were football he'd get crushed.

I don't know what it is about this match that has brought out all the keyboard warriors/armchair quarterbacks. Phone Post
10/25/12 2:16 PM
Jivetkr

basically everyone else showed up to fight except rener & co. who showed up to film an infomercial.

IMO...these guys or anyone from their camp should not be invited to the next event. this event should be for fighters who want to fight & for fans that want to see actual fights.

10/25/12 2:30 PM
biggator
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was a match not an "actual fight" and they sponsored the event... there were no commercials other than the gta stuff and helio vid. like the budo vidios commercials while watching panams.

link to valente bros gi

http://www.mas4less.com/bjjgis#.UImElG80XTp

10/25/12 2:32 PM
mjm345
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The reason people keep bringing up the "real fight" argument is because the Gracie academy is attempting to use the match as validation of their "self defense" style BJJ.

If you are going to claim that performance as a great demonstration of SD BJJ, of course people are going to point out that in a fight Galvao would have pummeled him from the dominant positions he held for 80% of the match.

You can't have it both ways Phone Post
10/25/12 2:40 PM
DeuceDroppin

omoplautistic -
DeuceDroppin - Thanks 12..Video was pretty comical, as I thought it would be. Aren't Ryron and Galvao about the same weight? Listening to Valente talk, you would think that this was some David vs. Goliath match. If this was a real fight, it would have likely went about like the Hughes/Royce fight, except Ryron would have likely been soccer kicked and head stomped into the next life. Obviously guys like Ryron are going to have legit skills, if for no other reason, they have been doing it their whole lives. With that being said, and with respect, it would be nice to see them evolve like so many others have. Phone Post
"If it was a real fight". Good lord this is a stupid argument. It wasn't. It was a grappling match. And they both knew that. They would approach it differently if there were a different ruleset.

It's like watching a futsal match and saying, "well if it was soccer" or watching Gretzky, and saying "well If it were football he'd get crushed.

I don't know what it is about this match that has brought out all the keyboard warriors/armchair quarterbacks. Phone Post
Did you even watch the video you fucking retard??? Valente is the one that brought this up idiot. Phone Post
10/25/12 2:58 PM
tappingout

I dont get this streetfight argument. Working as bouncer i have seen a lot of them and they are rarely one on one fights. The "normal" streetfight is one fighting two, or more persons at the same time. From that perspective you do not want to hangout on the bottom, because you cant be safe from multiple opponents. The days of romance when you were fighting a man one on one in a fair fight is long gone in my opinion.
10/25/12 3:13 PM
elburrogrande
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tappingout - I dont get this streetfight argument. Working as bouncer i have seen a lot of them and they are rarely one on one fights. The "normal" streetfight is one fighting two, or more persons at the same time. From that perspective you do not want to hangout on the bottom, because you cant be safe from multiple opponents. The days of romance when you were fighting a man one on one in a fair fight is long gone in my opinion.

lol a "normal" street fight is not 1 fighting 2
10/25/12 4:14 PM
omoplautistic
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeuceDroppin - 
omoplautistic -

Did you even watch the video you fucking retard??? Valente is the one that brought this up idiot. Phone Post

haha

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.