UnderGround Forums

Canada UnderGround >> What do you want to see next Toronto Grappling?

10/24/12 12:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
aguzzi
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Already being worked on is our own barricades system, sound system, a more professional and trained look, more mats, more room around the mats, and an even bigger staff.

We also want to post the brackets on multiple spots of the room so everyone can stay in touch with where we are in the brackets.
10/24/12 7:28 PM
k1levelstriking
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Couldn't attend due to injury, heard it was great, just heard some guys complain about being up against guys that are just way too experienced for them. Congrats on the successful tournament and I wish you many more Phone Post
10/24/12 9:27 PM
BJJJunkie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ I don't think he can do much about that, people sign up for their own division.
As for improvements, it would be nice to have a tentative start time for divisions rather than saying "all gi divisions from 9 to 12." If this is too difficult maybe at least saying what divisions are happening on what mat first so that people can arrive according. I had friends who were only competing in absolute divisions and they had to come at 9am.
Also, I think it would be a nice touch if somebody announced the final (which mat, belt) for the absolute divisions to add extra emphasis.
All around however, the tournament was run very well, and I would definitely go again.
10/25/12 11:56 AM
aguzzi
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJJunkie - ^ I don't think he can do much about that, people sign up for their own division.
As for improvements, it would be nice to have a tentative start time for divisions rather than saying "all gi divisions from 9 to 12." If this is too difficult maybe at least saying what divisions are happening on what mat first so that people can arrive according. I had friends who were only competing in absolute divisions and they had to come at 9am.
Also, I think it would be a nice touch if somebody announced the final (which mat, belt) for the absolute divisions to add extra emphasis.
All around however, the tournament was run very well, and I would definitely go again.

We are very interested in posting a tentative schedule next time.

We had said Gi would start at 9am and NoGi would start at 2pm and on the wall where all the fights were posted you could find out which fight you were in that order and on what mat. This was really beneficial to the people who came to weigh in Friday night or on time Saturday early morning and saw that ok there was 15 or 25 matches ahead of them in their division. We believe this was a ultra effective way of doing it and will do it again this way however will try our best to add start times to some of the divisions.

Absolutes and division finals will also be posted on the wall next time with blank spaces for the qualifiers so they know where and when they are taking place.

Thanks for bringing up your concerns, they allow us to know what we should work on more next time.
10/25/12 11:59 AM
aguzzi

k1levelstriking -  Couldn't attend due to injury, heard it was great, just heard some guys complain about being up against guys that are just way too experienced for them. Congrats on the successful tournament and I wish you many more Phone Post

Only way we could fix that is if those competitors properly sign up for the correct division or if afterwards they check the competitors list and note the mistakes so that they can be changed. We honestly put people in the division they signed up for and allow for changes until the day after pre-reg which was taken advantage of by a lot of people, those that inscribe to the wrong divisions and don't check the competitors list afterwards are not helping themselves or us out.

I hope this particular message does not come off as a dick comment and makes sense.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.