UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: "Brock called me, he's never coming back"

10/24/12 1:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ScottLean
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Despite contemplating a possible return to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar eventually decided to stay retired from the sport of mixed martial arts (MMA) in favor of a part-time career in professional wrestling.

That's because Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White recently revealed a phone conversation he had with his former heavyweight champion, and it looks like the wear-and-tear of mixed martial arts (MMA) would be too much for the part-time professional wrestler.

See full article:

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/10/24/3548450/dana-white-brock-lesnar-ufc-return-never-wwe
10/24/12 2:01 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He just said he can wrestle, but he can't fight."

Isn't wrestling much harder on the body? Or is doing the basic slaps and clotheslines and staying away from the F5 and all that?
10/24/12 2:03 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprised. Phone Post
10/24/12 2:05 PM
MattBenwa
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was a good MMA fighter - but he's just a better wrestler. Nothing at all wrong with that.
10/24/12 2:07 PM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wanking in me Mums knickers - He won't be missed by anyone other than WWE fanboys.
Or anyone that had a continuing interest in the growth of our sport. Phone Post
10/24/12 2:07 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
968 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/10/24/3548450/dana-white-brock-lesnar-ufc-return-never-wwe

10/24/12 2:10 PM
voorhees

Lesnar is making about the same amount of money in WWE that he did in UFC.

And he has wrestled a total of TWO matches so far.

Thats the reason he is not coming back to UFC.

For HIM,wrestling is an easy job.

For someone like Dolph Ziggler,who prob wrestles about 300 matches a year,not so easy..
10/24/12 2:11 PM
Arachnoid

He was good for the business, but bad for the sport.
10/24/12 2:12 PM
Card
2123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/24/12 2:14 PM
shb
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wrestling isn't harder on the body than getting kicked in the guts by reem or getting mauled by cain. you think he leaves wrestling practice looking like this?

http://thedragonzone.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/brocklesnarface.png
10/24/12 2:15 PM
JimmersonzGlove
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bummer. There aren't many guys that bring that big fight atmosphere like Brock did.

10/24/12 2:16 PM
Swayze Express

Brock did very well with what he had.
10/24/12 2:19 PM
GMan99
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Though brief, he had a hell of a run. I'll miss the energy he brought to the game.
10/24/12 2:20 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

orcus - 

Isn't wrestling much harder on the body? Or is doing the basic slaps and clotheslines and staying away from the F5 and all that?

might be "harder on the body", but there is a much bigger fear/pain factor with mma

10/24/12 2:23 PM
UGCTT_Winnson
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He literally had guts removed because of diverticulitus.  

After you have guts removed if you have options, picking top level heavyweight UFC fights should not even be under consideration.

10/24/12 2:26 PM
Bruham
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/24/12 2:30 PM
Jweinberg
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He gave the mma world a bunch of exciting fights- best of luck to Brock- great athlete Phone Post
Attila
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

In some respects wrestling can be harder on the body, but it seems Brock is saying his body can't hold up to training and competing at elite-level MMA anymore.
Diazed And Confused
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The dude isn't physically able to handle the punishment MMA does on the body.

It isn't a matter of training, he is missing a part of his body. He can't handle a liver kick, he can't handle damage to his repaired areas

It is a shame, he did have natural talent and potential, stripped away from him by a shitty disease (pun intended) Phone Post
10/24/12 2:31 PM
Clarence Parents
287 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JimmersonzGlove - 

Bummer. There aren't many guys that bring that big fight atmosphere like Brock did.

I agree. I have nothing but respect for Brock Lesnar, but I'm also glad to see he is deciding not to come back.

Like others have mentioned, having 12 inches of intestine removed is no joke and unless he absolutely had to do MMA to survive I'm glad to see him bail out. He's already accomplished more in MMA in a very short time than many will in an entire career.
10/24/12 2:34 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bruham -

Gets me every time.

Voted up when I get to a PC. Phone Post
10/24/12 2:34 PM
Leghound
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - Hey, he did it, and succeeded.

Brock wins in the end.

If I could go to sleep being a former UFC, WWE, NCAA, and on an NFL roster, I'd be fucking stoked.

THIS. Hate him all you want the dude has accomplished some serious shit in his life
10/24/12 2:36 PM
Zaph
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MostLegit - 
Wanking in me Mums knickers - He won't be missed by anyone other than WWE fanboys.
Or anyone that had a continuing interest in the growth of our sport. Phone Post

Agreed.  A lot of MMA fans are insecure and worried that outsiders might accidentally mistake MMA for WWE.  As a result, they tend to have kneejerk reactions to Lesnar.

I think they threw him in against the best of the best too soon, but I find the fact that fans absolutely refuse to acknowledge his success against high-level competition in such a short time a little bit hard to stomach.

10/24/12 2:37 PM
ku3mm3t
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He also said:

"Was I trying to make Brock vs Fedor?? (laughs) ..maybe. But Fedor isn't coming out of retirement either, he's done too."

That tidbit sucks more.
10/24/12 2:38 PM
XFactah416
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua J King - Peaked too high too fast. Had great potential at one point. Should have never fought for the belt so soon. Of he took it at a more methodical pace,he'd still be here Phone Post
How about if he didn't have to suffer through two diverticulitis ordeals?

He lost so much time due to recovery when he could've been fine tuning or learning new skills. He didn't peak too fast. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.