UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: If you don't like Sonnen/Jones, don't buy PPV

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/25/12 9:54 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1408 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

While White said he's pumped for the upcoming UFC 154 and 155 shows, talk quickly turned to the upcoming The Ultimate Fighter feature light heavyweight champ Jon Jones and outspoken Chael Sonnen as well as a possible superfight between Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva.

First off White addressed fans responses to Sonnen getting the shot for TUF despite his back-to-back losses to middleweight king Silva.

"I had tons of fans begging me to make that fight. Just to make it clear from the last press conference when they talk about all the top contenders and all the top contenders whining who didn't get that fight. I called every single one of them and they turned it down," White said. "Chael Sonnen accepted that fight on eight days notice, that's my kind of guy.

"There's tons of people who want to see Chael Sonnen, if you're not one of them, don't buy it. I'll guarantee you'll like the next fight, and if you don't like that one, we put on plenty of fights — there will be one that you do like."

read entire article...

10/25/12 9:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not that I don't wanna see it, it's that Sonnen doesn't deserve the title shot at this moment. Of course I'm gonna watch it, I'd watch Jones fight anyone. Phone Post
10/25/12 9:57 AM
UGCTT_Winnson
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That one should do pretty big numbers I think.

10/25/12 10:25 AM
Beezulbubba
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, talk about out of touch. I think it was maybe more of Fox's call anyways. But that's just my opinion.
10/25/12 10:26 AM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Translation: I'm Rich Bitch. Phone Post
10/25/12 10:31 AM
Lazer MMA

Um, yea I won't and my bet is in! It's like money in the bank or really closer to stealing. There is no fight at all to watch. JBJ is better in every aspect and even if Sonnen get him down he'll gas and get finished.

JBJ Vs Sonnen = The polish experiment VS JDS
10/25/12 10:31 AM
PJ Benn Fan
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wont be buying this PPV.

I like Sonnen.

I dislike jones.

Sonnen didnt deserve a chance when he was willing to step up on short notice but he was the only one willing to do so so I understood the point of the fight.

Jones wouldnt accept the fight and said he wouldnt give Sonnen a title shot because hes disrespectful.

Now Sonnen still doesnt deserve a shot even though im a fan, I dislike Jones more because he wouldnt accept Sonnen as a late replacement, and they (the UFC) legitimately expects people to take this fight seriously?

No thank you.

10/25/12 10:38 AM
Ornoku
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People weren't begging you for this fight, they wanted it to happen as a short notice fight at UFC 151 nothing more.
10/25/12 10:40 AM
MMALOGIC

what a promoter ...  if chael had his job in a few sentences he'd convince those who didnt like a certain fight that they needed to buy and watch it. 

Dana's standard sales pitch:  "if you dont like it dont buy it", "if you dont like it dont watch it", "if you boo i dont want your money".

I bet Lornezo would beg to differ.

10/25/12 10:42 AM
Aross052
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't worry people will buy it because they will get suckered into thinking "the man who dominated Anderson silva for 6 of 7 rounds" has an actual chance. Just wait for the commercials.... Phone Post
10/25/12 10:43 AM
shorebreaker420
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GrayKickass - It's not that I don't wanna see it, it's that Sonnen doesn't deserve the title shot at this moment. Of course I'm gonna watch it, I'd watch Jones fight anyone. Phone Post
Can you can read mother fucker? And are you stupid? Doesn't matter if he deserves it dumb fuckky... Nobody else wanted it, read bitch read Phone Post
10/25/12 10:45 AM
shorebreaker420
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beezulbubba - Wow, talk about out of touch. I think it was maybe more of Fox's call anyways. But that's just my opinion.
Out of touch? You must not have been on the UG when Dana said Jon Jones refused to fight Chael, this whole place was popping wit excitement pretty much begging Dana my make bones fight Sonnen Phone Post
10/25/12 10:47 AM
GarlicSauce

Edited: 10/25/12 11:03 AM
"Translation: I'm Rich Bitch."

I think you mean: "I'm rich, bitch."

One comma can change the meaning.
10/25/12 10:53 AM
Chris Power
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always good to see the UFC maintain its 'If you don't like everything we do, fuck you' attitude in these lean times!
10/25/12 10:56 AM
Ironhouse
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless the undercard is amazing I will pass on this card. Why? Because 6 months of hype for a 1.5 round mauling of Sonnen isn't worth my hard earned money. This fight might spike ratings in the short term. But if the fight is bad, and Chael gets mauled in 2 minutes it will be JDS vs Cain all over again, but on a more detrimental scale. It will literally make UFC look like boxing. All hype for a let down. The end result is people viewing your product negatively.

In what other sport does twitter followers = ranking? Pro wrestling, which has been trying the shark jump matches for years now, and what do we see? A short term gain followed by a larger long term loss because outside of the big angle, the product is degrading. UFC has taken a major step from a legit sport to a side show carney act. It will never be considered in the same league as the NFL, NBA, or even MLB with these kind of decisions.

I once praised UFC for taking the long route of short term losses for long term gains and credibility. I wrote numerous posts over the interwebs about how Pro Wrestling should learn from that model instead of always doing dramatic things for short term ratings spikes and how Wrestling needed to build stars the way UFC does. In UFC you believed in the company and the product, not the few top fighters. Now we have seen the UFC go the exact opposite direction and follow in the steps of Boxing and WWE. Sad day for the sport.
10/25/12 10:57 AM
stonepony

Yeah, if I were DW I'd be sick of the swollen vaginas who constantly cry 24/7 too.
10/25/12 11:05 AM
Jacinto
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could you imagine the head of any other sports league telling fans not to watch their games?? They wouldn't keep their job very long not sure how Dana keeps his.
10/25/12 11:06 AM
shorebreaker420

Ironhouse - Unless the undercard is amazing I will pass on this card. Why? Because 6 months of hype for a 1.5 round mauling of Sonnen isn't worth my hard earned money. This fight might spike ratings in the short term. But if the fight is bad, and Chael gets mauled in 2 minutes it will be JDS vs Cain all over again, but on a more detrimental scale. It will literally make UFC look like boxing. All hype for a let down. The end result is people viewing your product negatively.

In what other sport does twitter followers = ranking? Pro wrestling, which has been trying the shark jump matches for years now, and what do we see? A short term gain followed by a larger long term loss because outside of the big angle, the product is degrading. UFC has taken a major step from a legit sport to a side show carney act. It will never be considered in the same league as the NFL, NBA, or even MLB with these kind of decisions.

I once praised UFC for taking the long route of short term losses for long term gains and credibility. I wrote numerous posts over the interwebs about how Pro Wrestling should learn from that model instead of always doing dramatic things for short term ratings spikes and how Wrestling needed to build stars the way UFC does. In UFC you believed in the company and the product, not the few top fighters. Now we have seen the UFC go the exact opposite direction and follow in the steps of Boxing and WWE. Sad day for the sport.
Sad day or sad days, weeks or months?
Life goes on... this sad 'day' which has already passed homie gave you a thread to spill you heart out in already so looks like you getting free counseling out of this too, my time is still on hold pending new Sonnen tapes Phone Post
10/25/12 11:07 AM
AK-BJJ
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol no problem... we stopped buying em a loooong time ago
10/25/12 11:12 AM
forrestfan
421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok
10/25/12 11:15 AM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

Authority Figure -  Translation: I'm Rich Bitch. Phone Post

10/25/12 11:16 AM
MexiCain AmeriCain
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AK-BJJ - lol no problem... we stopped buying em a loooong time ago
Legit LOL Phone Post
10/25/12 11:16 AM
Stu Cazzo
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacinto - Could you imagine the head of any other sports league telling fans not to watch their games?? They wouldn't keep their job very long not sure how Dana keeps his.

He continued: 'If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift this guy gave to the world they can go to hell. I don't want them to be fans. If they don't understand and don't believe in things I believe in they can go to Chelsea, they can go to anywhere else.' That's the owner of Fulham - football team in England
10/25/12 11:21 AM
Neil Funk

I will not buy this fight.

I have spent thousands on UFC PPVs. I have spent zero in the last 7 months, and will continue not to, for personal and ethical reasons. I am a revenue stream that has been lost, and the company that once received the benefit of my hard-earned money cares not even one bit - it's a strange approach to be certain.

"the customer is always right - unless he's a customer of the UFC, then he's a dummy who can go fuck himself"
10/25/12 11:41 AM
Stu Cazzo
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The customer is not always right.

Welcome to the real world.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.