UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sherk: Let's get UFC titles back to America

10/25/12 12:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On whether he follows the 155 lb. division closely: I don't watch MMA outside of when I'm at events. I'll sit down, I'll watch the fights, but as far as what's going on in the lightweight division, I know who the champ is, outside of that, I don't know anyone (laughs).

On Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar: You know, I didn't see the first fight that they fought. The second time that they fought I was actually there. I thought that Frankie might have won that fight, just an opinion. I think a lot of people might have thought the same thing. But, you know, the judges might have saw something different. It was close enough to go either way, or worst case scenario been called a draw.

On Frankie Edgar's move to the featherweight division: I think that's a great decision. I think that he's going to give Jose Aldo hell, and I think he's going to beat him. With Frankie's wrestling and his mobility, I think he's going to give Aldo all he can handle. I'd like to keep all the belts here in the States. Right now we've got have the UFC belts in Brazil, the other half are here in the United States. I want them all to be here. This is an American sport, man, let's keep them here. No disrespect towards the Brazilians at all; I want to see Americans hold the title belts, just like they want to see the Brazilians hold title belts.

read entire article...

10/25/12 12:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

An American Sport?

What?
10/25/12 1:01 PM
Chris Straight
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer the best in the world hold the title. Phone Post
10/25/12 1:05 PM
savage043
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Merica!!!! Phone Post
10/25/12 1:07 PM
studiocamp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean "Semper Fi" Sherk reporting for duty!
10/25/12 1:07 PM
in_different
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The whole concept of nationalism is misguided IMO. But u can't say that you guys didn't hope your country held the most Olympic medals. Most people anyway.

However, I feel like mma has transcended that. My favorite fighters are Cain/Gsp/ Aldo/ Pettis/ and Vitor. Pretty evenly spread out. And I feel many fans support fighters without taking into account nationality (except Brazilian fans)
10/25/12 1:09 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different - The whole concept of nationalism is misguided IMO. But u can't say that you guys didn't hope your country held the most Olympic medals. Most people anyway.

However, I feel like mma has transcended that. My favorite fighters are Cain/Gsp/ Aldo/ Pettis/ and Vitor. Pretty evenly spread out. And I feel many fans support fighters without taking into account nationality (except Brazilian fans)

The entire point of the Olympics is country against country.

Not so for MMA
10/25/12 1:13 PM
Body Shots
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't read the interview but is Sherk still fighting or in the UFC, what's he been up too?? Phone Post
10/25/12 1:13 PM
MickColins
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's like a 5'5 version of Hacksaw Jim Dugan. Only without the entertainment factor.

10/25/12 1:15 PM
Mattapooh
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sherk seems like a good dude and I dig his fights. I'd love to see him back! Phone Post
10/25/12 1:15 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

USA: (4)
Mighty Mouse
Cruz
Benson
Jones (who isnt losing anytime soon)

Brazil: (3)
Aldo
Ando
JDS

Canada: (1)
GSP

We are doing fine Phone Post
10/25/12 1:19 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Gaspare -  USA: (4)
Mighty Mouse
Cruz
Benson

Aldo
Ando
JDS

GSP

I was thinking the same thing... he wants all of them? Lol. Maybe he's forgetting about DJ?

10/25/12 1:21 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

PLEASE if you come back Sherky, give Evan Dunham his rematch. He beat you the first time and was robbed.

MITman2k
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MickColins - 

He's like a 5'5 version of Hacksaw Jim Dugan. Only without the entertainment factor.

Or the artful wielding of a 2 x4

MITman2k
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/25/12 1:21 PM

edit

10/25/12 1:24 PM
BROTHER WISDOM
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA is an American sport? Now THATS news...
10/25/12 1:26 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_EnderTL -
UGCTT_Gaspare -  USA: (4)
Mighty Mouse
Cruz
Benson

Aldo
Ando
JDS

GSP

I was thinking the same thing... he wants all of them? Lol. Maybe he's forgetting about DJ?

Yeah according to his statement he possibly doesn't even know there is a flyweight division. Phone Post
10/25/12 1:28 PM
le

Chris Straight - I prefer the best in the world hold the title. Phone Post
Obviously he's saying he wants Americans to be the best in the world. Phone Post
10/25/12 1:31 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely isn't solely American but when im blank on two fighters and ones American I usually root for him. There are exceptions but I'd lot to see my Americans step it up a bit. We don't really have a real contender at hw (because cains weird belief that hes not an american) but in every other weight class we have have several top contenders or the belt. America's doing fine. Mw will be American soon anyways. Weidman 2013 baby Phone Post
10/25/12 1:36 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

10/25/12 1:36 PM
caseharts
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is coming from someone whose favorite fighter is machida. Phone Post
10/25/12 1:43 PM
GelderdEnd

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

PLEASE if you come back Sherky, give Evan Dunham his rematch. He beat you the first time and was robbed.

This Phone Post
10/25/12 1:43 PM
Alpinestar
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is an American sport?!? WTF?

Does Sherk know martial art did not originate in America? Also, Royce Gracie was the man when the UFC first began. Gracie is NOT American. The UFC IS an American promotion. But MMA itself is NOT American made.
10/25/12 1:53 PM
Delightone
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmmm ok everything is made in the usa by some peoples standard Phone Post
10/25/12 1:55 PM
SHanded83

They have to create new divisions so Americans can have a champ these days. Dana now wants Rousey in the UFC because she's got a belt. :-) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.