UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Best post workout/meal replacement?

10/30/12 1:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
beatbum
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chocolate milk doesn't even have that much PRO either, only 10g per cup (8oz) maximum < that's with 2% milk. That has the most pro. SO, I recommend choco milk as an alternative to a real post workout shake IF YOU'RE ON A BUDGET. If you add a scoop of your typical whey powder to just 4oz water, you instantly have 24g PRO for only 4oz liquid, making it more of a protein shot as apposed to drinking 16 ounces of very filling chocolate milk to get just 20oz.

The problem is that most whey pro shakes are missing simple carbs which is why I go with Torrent. When I'm out of Torrent, I go with a regular scoop of whey with some white bread or, I'm embarrassed to say, last week I was taking two fucking spoonfuls of strawberry jelly with my shake for the simple sugars. hah Good thing my damn Torrent showed up on my doorstep. But yeah, it's the sugar that you actually want post workout. This is the ONLY time you should be consuming simple carbs (sugars). To raise your insulin levels temporarily. 

Link to the glycemic index:

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

10/30/12 3:44 AM
Ashilles
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fearless Winker - 

Assholes.

i laughed so i voted you up.

back on topic i have been buying frozen mixed berries from shop.

aeesome natural sweetness + all the goodness of berries. the one i buy has strawberries mulberries raspberries blueberrie/blackberriess.

so i make a shake of

cup of berries
2 scoops whey protein with added glutamine and bcaa's
banana
natural honey
cinnamon
scoop of probiotic yoghurt
and some ice cold water.

arguably the tastiest thing i drink all day.

so tasty when i get high i find myself making it.
10/30/12 10:09 AM
RPBJJ
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ashilles - 
Fearless Winker - 

Assholes.

i laughed so i voted you up.

back on topic i have been buying frozen mixed berries from shop.

aeesome natural sweetness + all the goodness of berries. the one i buy has strawberries mulberries raspberries blueberrie/blackberriess.

so i make a shake of

cup of berries
2 scoops whey protein with added glutamine and bcaa's
banana
natural honey
cinnamon
scoop of probiotic yoghurt
and some ice cold water.

arguably the tastiest thing i drink all day.

so tasty when i get high i find myself making it.

Im gonna try this...
10/30/12 4:14 PM
beatbum
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I'm not into that. The reason is because it's not sustainable. It's more of a treat. Like a desert. It's super delicious super good and super time consuming. So you're serious about bodybuilding you going to do that s*** every single f****** day, you're not going to be able to sustain it not to mention you going to another place to get the way too many supplies to make a simple shake.

Lol droid voice tobtext I'm not even going to correct this. Phone Post
10/30/12 5:31 PM
FLMikeATT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is Torrent by Universal? I hear good things about it.
10/30/12 10:01 PM
turducken

since when is it time consuming to dump a bunch of things in a blender? takes 5 mins to make a smoothie like that
10/31/12 5:42 PM
Wet

Can of tuna, microwave a sweet potato
11/4/12 4:31 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would wait until I get home and then have some scrambled eggs on whole meal toast with some hot sauce. Eat some real food and avoid the supplements. Phone Post
11/4/12 4:34 AM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would wait until I get home and then have wholemeal bread and some scrambled eggs. Its healthy takes 5 minutes max and if your feeling adventurous dropped in some mushrooms, onions, peppers and hot sauce. Delicious. Eat real food and please don't fall for all the advertising crap they push you on supplements. Phone Post
11/5/12 1:22 PM
RPBJJ
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry guys but the sardine stuff sounds TERRIBLE!!! LOL

I need to be able to keep this down!
11/5/12 6:59 PM
KILLALL
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've added a large amount of venison to my post workout meal. Phone Post
11/10/12 9:01 AM
HULC
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialTart -  Also don't be scared to get carbs in their too. Your body can only absorb and use 30-45g of protein at a time so don't overdo it in one sitting. Phone Post

Not to drag it too far off topic, but this is one of those bodybuilding myths with no evidence to support it. Your body may take a while to absorb all the protein in a protein rich meal, but it will be absorbed.
11/10/12 2:58 PM
stillmatic
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HULC - 
MixedMartialTart -  Also don't be scared to get carbs in their too. Your body can only absorb and use 30-45g of protein at a time so don't overdo it in one sitting. Phone Post

Not to drag it too far off topic, but this is one of those bodybuilding myths with no evidence to support it. Your body may take a while to absorb all the protein in a protein rich meal, but it will be absorbed.

It's easily BS when you look at the amount of people that are jacked from the Warrior Diet or IF.  We would all be skinny twigs just eating 1 or 2 meals a day if we could only absorb 30-45g of protein at a time.  I have no idea how this started, but my guess is it was probably to justify eating 5-6 small meals per day.

11/10/12 6:18 PM
6mildollarman
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just crack open 6 eggs and drink em in a glass, Rocky style....

And pray you don't get salmonella. Phone Post
11/11/12 4:57 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Protien powder, banana, honey, half cup of oats, almond milk and ice in a blender. Phone Post
11/11/12 5:26 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Fearless Winker -
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -  Protien powder, banana, honey, half cup of oats, almond milk and ice in a blender. Phone Post

I imagine that would taste quite delicious

Not too bad if you blend the oats up good. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.