UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage TURNED DOWN TUF 17 vs SONNEN

10/25/12 6:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson could have been the next coach of "The Ultimate Fighter."

According to both Jackson and UFC president Dana White, the organization offered "Rampage" an opportunity to be a coach opposite Chael Sonnen on TUF 17 before asking Jon Jones. Interestingly enough though, Jackson turned down the opportunity.

"Forget TUF," Jackson told MMAFighting.com on Thursday. "I'm not interested in that."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/25/3555922/before-jon-jones-selection-quinton-jackson-turned-down-tuf-17

10/25/12 6:27 PM
UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up

10/25/12 6:29 PM
CindyO

Not sure why they would even offer Rampage the spot after his last outing as a coach. Plus, he has the worst attitude. Glad he said no.

Cindy

10/25/12 6:30 PM
XFactah416
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage already had two failed TUF coaching stints. One more wouldn't be good for the fighters.. but of course Rampage vs Chael engaging in some banter would be fun.
10/25/12 6:30 PM
JosselEmin

Looks like Rampage has alot of money to decline easy money with this economy. Phone Post
10/25/12 6:34 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol so Rampage talked all that shit and then tucks when the actual fight is offered to him? Can't to hear what Chael is going to say about this :) Phone Post
10/25/12 6:36 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Lol so Rampage talked all that shit and then tucks when the actual fight is offered to him? Can't to hear what Chael is going to say about this :) Phone Post
Can't wait** Phone Post
10/25/12 6:44 PM
MMALOGIC

you cant fix stupid... 

Fight Glover?  a guy looks like a freakin monster who nobody knows or be featured on tuf FX in a new timeslot and get paid big dollars fighting chael "pillow fists" sonnen...

10/25/12 6:44 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE - 
It's easy to be a thug through the media Quitton, it's the end of a career for Rampage stuck beneath the jackhammers of Sonnen.

Good thing for him though he dodged more than a bullet, he dodged a fully loaded machine gun.

Thank the lord. He could have been been hit by a strong force of wind, as well.

10/25/12 6:50 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Rampage said before, he never wants to do tuf again because he isnt a coach. I dont think he was ducking Chael Phone Post
10/25/12 6:56 PM
12SixElbow
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 

Not sure why they would even offer Rampage the spot after his last outing as a coach. Plus, he has the worst attitude. Glad he said no.

Cindy

VTFU

10/25/12 6:56 PM
buzzkil

I love the way Anderson just wades around the cage like your average portugese mason after totally clowning people in the ring.
10/25/12 7:02 PM
bigheadrhino
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That would have made more sense than Jones. I have a feeling Chael will be a really good coach. As much as it sucks for the fighters, good coach vs terrible coach seems to make for the most interesting seasons.
10/25/12 7:06 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

Makes sense to me.

Getting up there in years, he hasn't had much success on TUF in the past, and he's good for money. Plus he hates fighting wrestlers who use top control to grind out wins.

The fact Rampage wants to have exciting fights and catches hate for it is a head scratcher for me. Phone Post
10/25/12 7:12 PM
shatefak

As a character in a reality show, Rampage is way more interesting than JBJ in my opinion.
10/25/12 7:13 PM
MostLegit
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YellowWrkedByTapIn -
CRE - 
It's easy to be a thug through the media Quitton, it's the end of a career for Rampage stuck beneath the jackhammers of Sonnen.

Good thing for him though he dodged more than a bullet, he dodged a fully loaded machine gun.

Thank the lord. He could have been been hit by a strong force of wind, as well.

Props to Chael because if I was him in this moment, I wet myself. Being immobile and having Anderson Silva walk at you with his matrix swagger has to be terrifying. Phone Post
10/25/12 7:23 PM
Drunkenirishfc
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's said before he's never doing Tuf again Phone Post
10/25/12 7:30 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol I knew he didn't actually want Chael
10/25/12 7:31 PM
Pancake Syrup
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like it better with Jon Jones because Chael will ruin the reputation Jon is so desperately trying to repair. We will see Jones contradict himself more times than we could possibly imagine on TUF
10/25/12 7:38 PM
Fernando Alonso

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Lol I knew he didn't actually want Chael
I don't thinks it's that. Rampage just doesn't want to do TUF anymore. Phone Post
10/25/12 7:48 PM
quick
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Combat Can Happen -  Makes sense to me.

Getting up there in years, he hasn't had much success on TUF in the past, and he's good for money. Plus he hates fighting wrestlers who use top control to grind out wins.

The fact Rampage wants to have exciting fights and catches hate for it is a head scratcher for me. Phone Post

He wants exciting fights? The dude has become some predictable in his approach that, at this point, it isn't even funny.
10/25/12 7:53 PM
MITman2k
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very interesting, I would have prefered to see Rampage Sonnen on TUF, at least the UFC tried at least apparently

10/25/12 7:55 PM
Phisher

Rampage was on TUF twice and said he hated it. He's also complained repeatedly about being matched up against wrestlers. There's nothing surprising about this at all to anybody who's paid attention to Rampage's interviews. This is just Helwani instigating again.

10/25/12 7:58 PM
Rockstars
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He don't wanna fight a wrestler. Phone Post
10/25/12 8:04 PM
TightTriangle
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strange that the UFC would offer Rampage TUF considering he's on his last fight on his contract. Looks like they want him to stick around after all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.