UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage TURNED DOWN TUF 17 vs SONNEN

10/25/12 8:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TightTriangle - Strange that the UFC would offer Rampage TUF considering he's on his last fight on his contract. Looks like they want him to stick around after all.

im sure it was contingent on hims signing an extension or a new contract.

10/25/12 8:57 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fernando Alonso -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Lol I knew he didn't actually want Chael
I don't thinks it's that. Rampage just doesn't want to do TUF anymore. Phone Post
He also made it clear he doesn't want a wrestler and talked crap about Joe Silva for making him do it. Despite the fact he insisted on fighting in Japan and Bader was the guy available. Phone Post
10/25/12 9:43 PM
Michael Kn1ght

CindyO -

Not sure why they would even offer Rampage the spot after his last outing as a coach. Plus, he has the worst attitude. Glad he said no.

Cindy

Not sure why they have it too sonnen after his last performance either. I'd rather have seen Jackson personally. Phone Post
10/25/12 9:43 PM
Michael Kn1ght

Gave* Phone Post
10/25/12 9:45 PM
ShanTheMan
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Combat Can Happen -  Makes sense to me.

Getting up there in years, he hasn't had much success on TUF in the past, and he's good for money. Plus he hates fighting wrestlers who use top control to grind out wins.

The fact Rampage wants to have exciting fights and catches hate for it is a head scratcher for me. Phone Post

Boring top control seemed to work just fine for him vs Henderson.

His last few fights have been so boring I wish he would just retire instead of looking bad and being a shell of himself.
10/25/12 9:45 PM
Michael Kn1ght

JosselEmin - Looks like Rampage has alot of money to decline easy money with this economy. Phone Post
He def does. I own a clothing company in LA (Blvdsupply.com) with a few celebrities such as Soulja boy and Sean Kingston too name a few and we ran into him at a nightclub in LA called Greystone and he was buying bottle after bottle of ace of spades at 2k a piece and I don't Ben think he drank any of it lol. Phone Post
10/25/12 9:46 PM
Michael Kn1ght

Don't even* Phone Post
10/25/12 9:46 PM
disbeliever
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
That's amazing Dana offered that to him given his recent "falling out" with the company and his public statement of wanting to leave when his contract is up. That would give him a lot of publicity right before hitting the road.

Could have been a good thing for Rampage to do, career wise, and financially.

IMO
10/25/12 9:51 PM
Lazer MMA

MITman2k - 

Very interesting, I would have prefered to see Rampage Sonnen on TUF, at least the UFC tried at least apparently

True it would have been kind of cool.
10/25/12 9:52 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Rampage was ducking Chael, because ducking Chael to fight the far more threatening Glover makes absolutely no sense.

Chael on TUF would be more $$$ for Rampage and also be a much less dangerous fight than Glover, who is clearly a beast and much better than Chael, but still not very well known.

Though I think Rampage is a total headcase and is often all over the dman place, I believe Rampage when he says he just isn't interested in TUF. And he also wants an exciting fight and probably doesn't think Chael would offer that.

Rampage also seems to have a serious dislike for Chael, and not in a "I wanna beat him up" way but in a "I want nothing to do with this foo'!" way.
MostLegit - Props to Chael because if I was him in this moment, I wet myself. Being immobile and having Anderson Silva walk at you with his matrix swagger has to be terrifying.

Huh? Chael pretty much did wet himself. The look of absolute deer-in-headlights terror on Chael's face as Anderson calmly walks towards him is hilarious.
10/25/12 9:55 PM
YellowWrkedByTapIn
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - That's amazing Dana offered that to him given his recent "falling out" with the company and his public statement of wanting to leave when his contract is up. That would give him a lot of publicity right before hitting the road.

Could have been a good thing for Rampage to do, career wise, and financially.

IMO

To be fair, he already hit the road.

10/25/12 10:04 PM
whowillbetop5in5years

he's obviously beating around the bush. he doesn't like the chael matchup, he knows he coulda made a lot of money. that's how i see it, rashad vs chael on tuf woulda been just as sweet. they're even friends and all, they could put on a great show and fight and the end
10/25/12 10:04 PM
Slap Maxwell
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XFactah416 - Rampage already had two failed TUF coaching stints. One more wouldn't be good for the fighters.. but of course Rampage vs Chael engaging in some banter would be fun.

All QJ does is make bad breath jokes, his banter is lame.

------------------

Second, QJ turned it down, so the best idea was to give Chael a title shot instead????????
10/25/12 10:07 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't understand the fascination that both Dana and Lorenzo have for this moron. Rampage has consistently proven himself unstable and disloyal and I have to think with his antics his value as a ppv commodity is significantly offset by what a liability he has become. In addition his skills have declined and his game has never evolved.
10/25/12 10:08 PM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage's worse performance is enough to beat up Sonnen... so many dreamers on this board 

10/25/12 10:13 PM
confusionSay
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE - 
It's easy to thug through the media Quitton, it's the end of a career for Rampage stuck beneath the jackhammers of Sonnen.

Good thing for him though he dodged more than a bullet, he dodged a fully loaded machine gun.

Voted up. A few more and your in the green :)
10/25/12 10:16 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hate that TUF is so deeply inbedded in current MMA...It's always TUF this and TUF that...that stupid show needs to go away.
10/25/12 10:46 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

Lol I get voted down for stating why it makes sense to me that he turned it down?

I wasn't agreeing with Rampage's decision to turn it down, I was stating why he would do this. I guess logic has no place here lol. Phone Post
10/25/12 10:48 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

I also never said Rampage's last few fights were exciting lol. I think they've been AWFUL.

I simply said I couldn't understand why the UG was surprised he would turn it down. Phone Post
10/25/12 10:49 PM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

And let's be honest - exciting fights - he means not wrestlers lol, because he doesn't have TDD any more. Phone Post
10/25/12 10:59 PM
Onnie804yamsaki

SKARHEAD - I really hate that TUF is so deeply inbedded in current MMA...It's always TUF this and TUF that...that stupid show needs to go away.

Best post on this thread. It brought some attention years ago and fufilled its role. But it being there only tool and there number one priority is a joke and shows how much danas foresight,marketing and production sucks. Only douches i know like it and will get sick of mma when dudes are not pissing eachothers bed. Its an abortion amd that attention would be better placed elsewhere. Its embarassing they are clinging onto this as a fan. It turns ppl off and when i mention ufc they rhink thats solely the show and laufh. If a super fan like me and my girl cant watch five minutes of it to get to fights it is doing more harm than good. How does two fighters arguing about a sandwich help portray the sport as warriors and the best athletes. It takes the epicness right out of mma and makes it a joke. Something is seriously wrong when you use your stars to push rhis garbage.imagine if it was replaced with an epic docu series following the blood sweat and tears of the best pros and showimg sick ass lives like cerone batteling it out tooth and nail then riding wakeboards and shooting guns.so many other sick ass ways they could promote the ufc but dana is not capable of major changes and legitimizing the sport.

Literally one of the worst thing on tvand has turned dozens of ppl i know off mma. And in turn fans of the show never translate into fans of the sport. So much wrong with this i can not even really start and if you think its a viable option for expansiom.you are an idiot. Ha ha an dhe wants mma in every city when he choses this to represent his brand. Best and worst thing ro hapen to mma.except the good parts are sparingly compared to the bad.
10/25/12 11:38 PM
time traveling 12er
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIRC he had issues with how the editing could make him look.
10/25/12 11:41 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Combat Can Happen - And let's be honest - exciting fights - he means not wrestlers lol, because he doesn't have TDD any more. Phone Post
He didn't do much on the feet in his fights that stayed their either Phone Post
10/26/12 12:21 AM
Ip Man 81

Pancake Syrup - I like it better with Jon Jones because Chael will ruin the reputation Jon is so desperately trying to repair. We will see Jones contradict himself more times than we could possibly imagine on TUF
He will mentally break Jon Jones during the show. We will definetly see a different side of Jones. Phone Post
10/26/12 12:32 AM
mmamathwiz
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz -  Rampage said before, he never wants to do tuf again because he isnt a coach. I dont think he was ducking Chael Phone Post

This!
Plus whats Joes deal with trying to match Rampage with wrestlers all the time, we all know he would not what a "boring fighter" to be the last fight on his contract.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.