UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage TURNED DOWN TUF 17 vs SONNEN

10/26/12 1:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a chael fan and not a rampage fan. That said, i'm pretty sure him turning this down has a lot more to do with the way he has looked on tuf both times in the past. Phone Post
10/26/12 1:09 AM
CindyO

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz -  Rampage said before, he never wants to do tuf again because he isnt a coach. I dont think he was ducking Chael Phone Post

Oh, I don't think he was ducking Chael, either. Just glad he said no to TUF because he has already shown how good of a coach he isn't. Would definitely watch him fight Chael, though;)

Cindy

10/26/12 1:14 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRE -
It's easy to thug through the media Quitton, it's the end of a career for Rampage stuck beneath the jackhammers of Sonnen.

Good thing for him though he dodged more than a bullet, he dodged a fully loaded machine gun.

You talk some shit, would rampage prob but Chael hits like a girl. fully loaded machine gun my ass more like a bb gun Phone Post
10/26/12 1:14 AM
ChrisJPN
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/26/12 1:20 AM
<blockquote>grafzep - I just don't understand the fascination that both Dana and Lorenzo have for this moron. Rampage has consistently proven himself unstable and disloyal and I have to think with his antics his value as a ppv commodity is significantly offset by what a liability he has become. In addition his skills have declined and his game has never evolved.</blockquote><br />

For years Rampage was one of my favorite fighters but not only has his game never evolved, it's actually devolved since he went to Wolfslair. Based on the way he fights and their awful "advice" between rounds, those guys are the fucking worst.
10/26/12 1:15 AM
CindyO

YellowWrkedByTapIn - 
disbeliever - That's amazing Dana offered that to him given his recent "falling out" with the company and his public statement of wanting to leave when his contract is up. That would give him a lot of publicity right before hitting the road.

Could have been a good thing for Rampage to do, career wise, and financially.

IMO

To be fair, he already hit the road.

Ha! Voted up!

Cindy

10/26/12 1:22 AM
CindyO

WWETopTeam - 
CindyO - 

Not sure why they would even offer Rampage the spot after his last outing as a coach. Plus, he has the worst attitude. Glad he said no.

Cindy

Are you saying that the UFC made a bad decision offering him the coaching gig? I guess that means Joe Silva and Dana White , as is your opinion, made a poor decision asking Rampage to coach. I trust that those guys made the right decision. You seem to have NO FAITH in the brass of the UFC which is a shame. Joe Silva and especially Dana White have brought us some of the greatest fights in MMA. It is baffling that you would question why a former 205 champion and an exciting PERSONALITY and exciting fighter who has been around MMA forever (when there wasn't money in the sport) doesn't deserve a coaching gig on Ultimate Fighter.

You seem like a fairweather fan and I hope you learn to appreciate what those guys have done for us. I am grateful that and believe the brass should be supported for whatever decision they make for coaches being they have more information than I as a fan have.

I'll make it crystal clear for you- I don't give a shit who offered him TUF, whether it was Joe Silva or Dana White or a Fertitta-- it was dumb, IMO. He has shown himself to be inept at coaching, he has a shitty attitude and I'm glad he declined the offer.

That's what I'm saying;)

Cindy

10/26/12 1:29 AM
The Overseer
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Lol I knew he didn't actually want Chael

This.
10/26/12 1:34 AM
The Overseer
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YellowWrkedByTapIn - 
disbeliever - That's amazing Dana offered that to him given his recent "falling out" with the company and his public statement of wanting to leave when his contract is up. That would give him a lot of publicity right before hitting the road.

Could have been a good thing for Rampage to do, career wise, and financially.

IMO

To be fair, he already hit the road.

This seriously made me laugh for the better part of 10 minutes.
10/26/12 2:49 AM
shorebreaker420
1016 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
WWETopTeam - 
CindyO - 

Not sure why they would even offer Rampage the spot after his last outing as a coach. Plus, he has the worst attitude. Glad he said no.

Cindy

Are you saying that the UFC made a bad decision offering him the coaching gig? I guess that means Joe Silva and Dana White , as is your opinion, made a poor decision asking Rampage to coach. I trust that those guys made the right decision. You seem to have NO FAITH in the brass of the UFC which is a shame. Joe Silva and especially Dana White have brought us some of the greatest fights in MMA. It is baffling that you would question why a former 205 champion and an exciting PERSONALITY and exciting fighter who has been around MMA forever (when there wasn't money in the sport) doesn't deserve a coaching gig on Ultimate Fighter.

You seem like a fairweather fan and I hope you learn to appreciate what those guys have done for us. I am grateful that and believe the brass should be supported for whatever decision they make for coaches being they have more information than I as a fan have.

I'll make it crystal clear for you- I don't give a shit who offered him TUF, whether it was Joe Silva or Dana White or a Fertitta-- it was dumb, IMO. He has shown himself to be inept at coaching, he has a shitty attitude and I'm glad he declined the offer.

That's what I'm saying;)

Cindy

That was beautifuL, I'm voting you up everyday I remember for now on... Not sure what you look like, but I love you girlie O Phone Post
10/26/12 3:17 AM
simonpe

CRE -
It's easy to thug through the media Quitton, it's the end of a career for Rampage stuck beneath the jackhammers of Sonnen.

Good thing for him though he dodged more than a bullet, he dodged a fully loaded machine gun.

Yeah, that punch was almost as hard as Andersons jab. Phone Post
10/26/12 4:31 AM
The Overseer

simonpe -
CRE -

Yeah, that punch was almost as hard as Andersons jab. Phone Post
Am I the only one that remembers Chael knocking Anderson down more than one time by, oh I dunno, PUNCHING HIM? Phone Post
10/26/12 4:32 AM
The Overseer

The idea that Sonnen has "pillow fists" is such crap. Phone Post
10/26/12 4:49 AM
epic hero

The Overseer -  The idea that Sonnen has "pillow fists" is such crap. Phone Post

It really isn't.
10/26/12 9:36 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

turning down TUF is such a terrible idea. there is no other show in the world that showcases a fighter better than TUF, it's essentially you in the spotlight for WEEKS.

build your brand.

10/26/12 9:40 AM
Storkukidinmun

that TUF ship has sailed, he was right to turn it down.
10/26/12 9:56 AM
RPBJJ
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - I like it better with Jon Jones because Chael will ruin the reputation Jon is so desperately trying to repair. We will see Jones contradict himself more times than we could possibly imagine on TUF

pretty much this... Chael is 10000 times smarter than Jones. Chael is gonna get him going BAD! Should be pretty funny.

Does anyone know when filming starts?
10/26/12 9:59 AM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -

Hahaha I must go watch this episode now. Phone Post
10/26/12 10:04 AM
UGSlapshot

I understand why he wouldn't want to do tuf and I understand why they want Sonnen to do it. If I was in page's shoes I wouldn't do it either.
If Sonnen fought page he'd just get knocked out IMO. Phone Post
10/26/12 10:32 AM
UGSlapshot

Pancake Syrup - I like it better with Jon Jones because Chael will ruin the reputation Jon is so desperately trying to repair. We will see Jones contradict himself more times than we could possibly imagine on TUF
And then Jones will physically brake Sonnen in the cage. He'll smash Sonnen up and toy with him like a cat with a mouse.

I don't care about Jon's personality, he's a monster in the cage.

Jones by KO.. Phone Post
10/26/12 12:25 PM
Chris27

UGCTT Combat Can Happen -  Makes sense to me.

Getting up there in years, he hasn't had much success on TUF in the past, and he's good for money. Plus he hates fighting wrestlers who use top control to grind out wins.

The fact Rampage wants to have exciting fights and catches hate for it is a head scratcher for me. Phone Post

LOL at you thinking he wants exciting fights, he wants easy fights, fights that stylistically favor him.

He has one fight left on his contract and he wants to win it, its why he is backtracking from the Glover fight and pushed so hard for the Forrest fight.

Forrest has one foot out the door already, thats a fight he can win, thats why he wants it. Thats why he is talking shit about Joe Silva because he didnt get the fight he wanted.

I dont get this move, would give him attention, he would get paid for doing TUF, he would get a huge hyped fight with Sonnen and if he won he would be a free agent coming off a huge fight. That woudl have gotten a ton of attention and probably would have been the main event, his stock would be high coming off that fight.

Now he is gonna have to fight Glover probably in a co main event and if he loses his stock is gonna go down big time.
10/26/12 1:28 PM
The Overseer

Warzone209 -
The Overseer -  The idea that Sonnen has "pillow fists" is such crap. Phone Post

Sonnen makes Pauli Malinagi look like Mike Tyson.

As funny as that was...

No. Phone Post
10/26/12 1:57 PM
tbi0904
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Overseer - 
Warzone209 -

Sonnen makes Pauli Malinagi look like Mike Tyson.

As funny as that was...

No. Phone Post

Actually yes. Malignaggi has 7 ko/tko's in 36 fights. Chael has 8 (one of his 4 sub victories was due to strikes) in 40 fights. Pretty similar.
10/26/12 2:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
873 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good, Rampage is cursed from that show

10/26/12 4:08 PM
FullyLoadedFists

Lmao @ talking all that shit and then turning down the fight! Phone Post
10/27/12 3:30 PM
The Overseer

UnderTheClock -

Comparing Paulie's KO record with sonnen's doesn't really make sense, since Paulie is just striking and sonnen is trying to avoid it. If he was a pillow fist he wouldn't have dropped silva.

Thaaank yooouuuu Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.