UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Glover Teixeira: Rampage is clueless

10/25/12 9:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teixeira thinks Rampage is clueless if he thinks he can beat both himself and Griffin on the same night. In addition, he bash Sonnen for getting a title shot.

http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Glover-Teixeira-on-Rampage-Jackson-This-guy-is-clueless.html
10/25/12 10:13 PM
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage will KO Glover if they meet. Simple as that.

10/25/12 10:17 PM
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok BoilerYawnByZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzs..

don't know why you gotta make shit personal hiding behind an SN name like a big fat pussy

10/25/12 10:18 PM
The Chits
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BoilerBrawnByBeatdown - 
inf0 - 

sure babby dick, face it, Rampage hasn't KO'd anyone in 4 years

Is there really any reason to start name calling him dude? :/
10/25/12 10:22 PM
A_Shovel

GloTex be all cray-cray on this "Rampaging" Jackson Phone Post
10/25/12 10:23 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

He would! He would ko Griffin in under 2 minutes and would beat Glover by tko in the second round. I mean he did beat Chuck, and the fought the best 205er on the planet on the same night so he could beat two fighters like Griffin and Glover imo Phone Post
10/25/12 11:32 PM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love if Dana called Rampage up and said "Okay, you're on. First you fight Griffin, then right after you get Glover - the same night. Win, lose or draw. How about them apples?"
10/25/12 11:36 PM
StrikeforceSupporter

I think Glover TKO's Rampage. I am really impressed by this guy. He fought Maldonado, who is one of the best boxers at 205 IMO, and Glover took it too him IMPRESSIVELY.
10/25/12 11:39 PM
ComeatMeBro
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't hate on rampage for trying and get someone to stand and wang with him
10/25/12 11:52 PM
SOO72

Page has a chin, glover apparently not. If those two get to swingin Page is the one who stays standing.
10/25/12 11:58 PM
epic hero

StrikeforceSupporter - I think Glover TKO's Rampage. I am really impressed by this guy. He fought Maldonado, who is one of the best boxers at 205 IMO, and Glover took it too him IMPRESSIVELY.

Maldonado has absolutely no defense...absolutely nine. Glover's striking style plays right into Rampage's hands. I think Glover will try to take it down, though I'm not sure how his TD's compare to the TDD of Rampage.

10/25/12 11:58 PM
epic hero

*none
10/26/12 1:02 AM
jude099
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

page's heart isn't in it anymore, he's not KOing anyone. SN bet?

10/26/12 6:40 AM
ironkong

man rampage needs to find something else to do. dude jus has no heart for MMA anymore.
10/26/12 7:12 AM
MAG

"Glovers style has Rampage licking his chops... A wild brawler that throws the same 4-3 combination over and over and doesn't have the takedowns to take down Rampage (who has phenomenal TDD) Rampage loves to block and counter. This is too easy of a fight for Rampage actually. Glover is tailor made for Rampage. Don't believe me? Who does Glover train with? Chuck Liddell! Chuck had a style that played into Rampage's.\

As for Rampage not KO'ing Anyone for years, the reason for that is NOBODY will stand with him. Nobody will stay in the pocket with Rampage. Hammill, Rashad, Bader, None of them. "

Well - he finally got his wish when J.Jones stood with him.

That didn't work out so well for Rampage.
10/26/12 7:15 AM
MAG

ironkong - man rampage needs to find something else to do. dude jus has no heart for MMA anymore.

While I agree with Rampage that the UFC has way too many leg humpers (as opposed to guys with effective GnP or submissions) - him trying to handpick guys that never want to hit the mat is getting annoying.

Why doesn't he just transition to boxing or K1 if that's the style he prefers to fight?
10/26/12 1:31 PM
StrikeforceSupporter

Let's wait and see what happens.
10/26/12 2:26 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

People have said this about each of Rampage's last 6 opponents except for maybe Machida. I just don't see what it's based on at this point. Phone Post
10/26/12 2:31 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - What's with all of these rants about Rampage's heart not being in game or because he isn't KO'ing folks he is washed up?

You have got to be joking. We can run down the list of elite fighters who haven't been KO'ing folks.

Who cares anyway? Most fights will end in a TKO before a KO.

Rampage's last TKO was against Wandy no wait, that was a KO. Maybe it was Liddell? Nope that was a KO also.

Rashad hasn't KO'd anyone Liddell, but he has TKO'd Griffin and Tito since.

GSP hasn't KO'd anyone...EVER, although he has multiple TKOs most notably against BJ Penn who nearly tapped from being pounded so much.
Alright well guess what, he also hasn't been tkoing anybody. He hasn't exactly been fighting anyone renowned for their toughness and chin either. Phone Post
10/26/12 2:33 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

I wouldn't be surprised if Rampage takes Glover.

Seems everyone forgets he owned Liddell (Glover's mentor) TWICE.

This may look like a 205 lb. version of Fitch vs. Silva.
10/26/12 3:58 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/26/12 3:58 PM
^^

The point being made is "a battle-tested vet via experience over a highly-hyped, upstart fighter."

Seems everyone believed that Silva would run through Fitch because they ordered the value-meal hype from the Zuffa drive-through window.
10/26/12 4:51 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Rampage's days of knocking people out are sadly behind him.
10/26/12 4:54 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

XxLiveBaitxX - ^^

The point being made is "a battle-tested vet via experience over a highly-hyped, upstart fighter."

Seems everyone believed that Silva would run through Fitch because they ordered the value-meal hype from the Zuffa drive-through window.

How exactly has Zuffa been hyping Eric Silva? All his hype came from right here on the UG, he was hyped up by the fans who watched his last couple of fights, not the "Zuffa drive-through window". He was also the odds favorite against Fitch.
10/26/12 5:24 PM
XxLiveBaitxX

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
XxLiveBaitxX - ^^

How exactly has Zuffa been hyping Eric Silva? All his hype came from right here on the UG, he was hyped up by the fans who watched his last couple of fights, not the "Zuffa drive-through window". He was also the odds favorite against Fitch.

You're saying Zuffa didn't hype E. Silva?

So Joe Rogan is free to hype whoever he pleases?

It's true that alot of UG hyped Silva, but the Zuffa mouthpieces also have a major role in selling the hype.
10/26/12 5:27 PM
XxLiveBaitxX

DoomFarmer - Glover is not an upstart fighter. He is merely a new face in the UFC. His name has been floating around MMA circles for a long time now.

People are glaringly overlooking how quickly Rampage's skill set has depriciated in the past few years.

Glover will not get caught with a Rampage hook. He will finish Rampage on the ground, 2nd round.

And then the same people who claimed Rampage would beat Glover will fall back on the "Rampage's heart hasn't been in it in years. Glover is still unproven." card.

Then the Glover detractors will run with "Who has Glover beat? A tuf reject, A guy coming off of 2 losses and a lazy, unmotivated Rampage??".

Write it down.

I wouldn't go as far as saying we'll see a vintage Rampage victory, I just wouldn't be surprised if we see him neutralize Glover (ala vs Machida).

I like both fighters, don't get me wrong.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.